New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horn
 Login/Join

Picture of Chaz822
posted
Is it getting settled, or is it still soft and rutted?

Posts: 35 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Thu July 08 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz822
posted Hide Post
Nobody has been to horn lately huh it must be bad?

Posts: 35 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Thu July 08 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
We have set out to go there several of the last weekends, but we always find our way over there, only to turn left up the hill to toes.

I have no doubt Horn is great right now. I'm going to try to make myself turn right at the bottom of the hill next weekend! But I can't guarantee it.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude your not kidding, I actually made the right turn a couple week's ago and kicked myself in the ass all day. Gotta be honest, not a fan of the new layout and it has been super soft. I'll save the drive and ride a few different track's at toes.
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
We have set out to go there several of the last weekends, but we always find our way over there, only to turn left up the hill to toes.

I have no doubt Horn is great right now. I'm going to try to make myself turn right at the bottom of the hill next weekend! But I can't guarantee it.

Posts: 55 | Location: arlington, wa | Registered: Tue August 17 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
I went 2 weeks ago. The track was good, not great but good. The only "problem" was, there was like 300 riders. 6 practices per hour, and only 10 mins per. It was a little crazy.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
That's funny! It's not just me then. Toe's has been so good lately! I guess I will wait till after the 1st round of the pro series. it should be much less crowded by then.

Pro Practicer!

Posts: 61 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Mon November 29 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
Finaly got out to horn sat.12. The weather could not have been better. I really like the way the new layout flows. Also I was pleasantly suprised to see the trails behind the pits groomed, as I do like to take a speed run down the whooped out trails inbetween moto's. Big Grin On a side note: Hoping for a speedy recovery for Steve Fair (broken leg)Frown

Posts: 61 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Mon November 29 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
On a side note: Hoping for a speedy recovery for Steve Fair (broken leg)Frown

Oh man that sucks. That poor guy has no luck.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
mike cote talked with jenny and i guess someone landed on him after he fell

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
probably not much of a "speedy" recovery for a broken femur. Ouch.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is an update on Steve, He had a tip over fall on a blind jump and was landed on. Broken femur, transported to hospital surgery that day to insert a rod. We stayed with Jenny until Steve was in his room. Talked to her today and they found out that his foot was pointed in. Tomorrow morning he will be going back into surgery to have the femur realigned to fix this problem. Hopefully he will come home tomorrow. Doc said he should be walking soon.

when you hit the wall you have to choose to go over or around, why do you keep running into it?

Posts: 210 | Location: washington | Registered: Mon August 23 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
They must be better at it now. Because when I got my rod (broken tib fib) I didnt walk for months. Good to here thanks for the update.

Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
I think the tib/fib fracture is much less stable than a pinned femur. When working with folks in the nursing homes, the tib/fib fx is always non-weight bearing for many weeks, while the femur fracture will often get a weight bearing as tolerated instruction in a shorter time. Just my experience.

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chaz#822:
They must be better at it now. Because when I got my rod (broken tib fib) I didnt walk for months. Good to here thanks for the update.

Ditto for my tib/fib break, I wasn't allowed to bear any weight for about 4 months. Man, tough luck for Steve, he had to of just gotten back on the bike recently from his previous injuries.

Posts: 475 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Thu November 20 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aside from the tib/fib being considerable smaller that the femur. The way the doc explained it to me was the farther you get from your heart the longer it takes to heal, collar bone a few week's, arm 4-6 week's..... tib/fib 12+ week's..

Posts: 55 | Location: arlington, wa | Registered: Tue August 17 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Dang I hope I never break my big toe! :-)

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We raced the Lorettas qualifier on Sat the 19th and the track held up pretty well I think and there was good racing to watch no complaints here.

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
First I would like to thank the track crew for an awesome job both sat. and sun. The announcements were loud and clear, the safety crew is very on top of there game, and the seperation of riders due to turn out and or skill was spot on, Oh and the grooming was very nice, not over watered like a few weeks ago.

There were about 10 of us in our group and everyone had a great weekend, and here's the BUT; We all agreed that the killer (killer being used literally) bump on the back sweeper needs to go away! IMHO Smile

Lastly I was hit in the air by one of the guys in my own group pulling a stupid inside move. And another guy in my group was hit or actually cleaned out Reed/Bobbles style and got pretty banged up by a young guy on a new yz 125 ( you know who you are ). My point is, this was a practice day. Can we all agree to be a little more concerned about each others safety? Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chaz#822,

posted Hide Post
What bump on the back sweeper? There is the round mound after the first big table then the sweeper that is flat then drops away. Dominic hit a curb 1/3 of the way down from the step off.
Is there a new bump back there?

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chaz#822:
Lastly I was hit in the air by one of the guys in my own group pulling a stupid inside move. And another guy in my group was hit or actually cleaned out Reed/Bobbles style and got pretty banged up by a young guy on a new yz 125 ( you know who you are ).

Everyone has to try and win practice :-(