New
Find
Notify
Tools

wheres the "WORKMAN REPORT"
 Login/Join

Picture of B Sharkey
posted
i love reading his stuff. Ken HELLO??????

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Sorry Brian, twas surfing Eric's blog and lost track.

Try this: https://ewmxschools.com/eve/for...427052423#9427052423

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
It’s 3x days since I last logged onto the web and as many (less one) since I witnessed racing as racing should be.

Last Sat at Monroe we had people, temps and track.

Stands were semi-full meaning side-by-side 50% packed so pretty good turn out. Racers showed up in numbers meaning had pro qualifiers. Temps started out unusually warm in me hood (50F) when I departed but dressed warm for expected -10F differential in Monroe arena. It was.

Track was perfect. Had rhythms a straight a tall jump and all packed into 200’x100’ rectangle called Monroe

The track was unusual in that the start straight consisted of the entire east wall all 200’ feet of the Monroe Arena. 450 power big only to sweep into a high banked (4’ tall) 180 then 15’ to accelerate-up 30deg-ramp-seat-bounce-brake-lock-and-clear 40’ table-step-up-thingy into 35’ double for a tight righty 180 into Mt Everest. Go slow following Mt Everest and double and and double and double. Go Slow and double and throttle up like a "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" and triple and single or go big and seat-bounce-triple-triple into hard lefty 180 for final rhythm section along far wall (west wall). 5x bumps. First section was always double. Fast guys did a-funky “suck-it-up” handlebar-chest-bang thing into full-twist Subway 12’’ handful throttle to clear (55’) final 3x into end-of-arena-180-grab-1x-2x-gears and start all over by going down start straight.

Tack was Awesome! But riders were even more so.

Armatures were ok enough and continue to impress. Quads were ok but compared to previous week wanting. Pros on the other hand were AMAZING! Guess that what makes pros-pros.

Gate was packed, had qualifiers, 16x pros competing for 10x gates. Might-a been more but when I counted twas 16x. Hard racing, Controlled racing, Thinking racing well almost. A couple of our own were (WERE) supposed to take it easy and just make it a night cause had international commitments. Ha so much for asking a racer to not-race. WOW! What a night. Track-Ownership, Testosterone, Horsepower and Fitness. No Girly-Girls last Sat at Monroe. If you made the show you earned it.

Final pro race of evening started on a 30’ wide track with a start straight of 200’ into tight 180 step-up-over and 10x pros each having one singular thought. NOT-TODAY-NO-WAY will I be beaten. NOT-TODAY! Forks are compressed Gate drops and 10x committed professional guys bang bars, stuff tires, flex bars, ease up (enough to stay alive) and make 180. No armature things going on here as even in air pros are rubbing, rubbing-is-racing right? Red Flag!

Race starts over following a time-space confluence problem. Abrigo and Urquhart. Crater leads, Jurin (yep) on his azz, Urquhar and Abrigo and at it again and coming through half pack to finish Crater, Jurin, Abrigo, and Urquhart.

Why, why, why is what I ask. Why spend $monies and time to attend National Supercross when I have it all right here!

Whaoo! Lee you dun good all you pro riders too. This ole man could not have asked for anything more than what was delivered last Saturday at WHR Motorsports Dec 4th Arenacross event.

I don’t think it’s any surprise that this ex-rider shows up for pro day. Nothing against the rest but for me it’s about hard work and

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
wheres the "WORKMAN REPORT"

Dang Brian what have you done - "WORKMAN REPORT"

Dude I'm supposed to anonymous quite behind-da-scenes. I'm OLD!

So here's the deal. WSDOT on 12-11-10 says prepare for Noha's flood -( WSDOT ) so I do by, at break-of-dawn, clean gutters, roof, yard, and downed branches. I live out here in Gods country and as far as I can tell nobody told him-her-it to cease-&-desist in climatic weather control.

So "B" here's yer report.

Worked hard on yard, made phone calls, and headed down to Monroe looking to another great day AX racing. I knew my timing was short and weather b ad but figured I'd make practice start and did. Problem is I like to talk and that means to pros. No time to peruse.

3:00PM practice starts and young quad rider struggles. Small quad really small but dude is making rounds and nobody complains when he comes to stop or makes multiple flying-W's. Effort counts.

More practice the racing.

I'm gonna stop mentioning lane count cause it's always the same 4x but will talk about sections and count.

Pro rider count was 16 and I'm told 14 in other. Two classes (big-n-small) and so had qualifiers. #105 made an impression. Dudes looking good but then same twas Mike Kohen (parent) to whom I penalized a lap 20+ odd years ago for his discretions in my role as MX referee. #105 looks better.

4x lanes with zero start length.

Start was 90' into a 90 lefty, then whoops that looked int level along east wall then tight 180 into lane #2 step-over and 40' double then Mt Everest (left-over-from-last-week) into rhythm section and 180 into lane #4 step-up-table-over-thingy into monster huck 60'er. Word is it was 4' more on practice days but pros were casing. Sweep around final 180 and yer back into the whoops.

Racing was pretty good but about only things that stood out were....

Pros:

#621 has raw speed finishes #2 behind #546 in nights final but not before riding-#99 high in 180 berm. #99 endos' and crashes big. #99 is tough enough to crash and continue racing - multiple times. #546 was on fire and #317 had flashishes of brilliantness. First extends lead others close in on same.

Ams: #99 B-class. Young, small, can twist throttle. Has drive, is wild. A show for now we'll see.

posted Hide Post
Agree with Ken. The pros were great. Abrigo's hand came off the bars into the 3rd corner lap 2 and Collin (621) nicely rode Abrigo up high without touching him and by that time Collin was by Abrigo had zero momentum and needed an extra 3 feet of leg to touch the ground. Downhill tip over.

Collin (621) and Denny (105) looked the best in those gnarly whoops. #412 also looked really good in those bike eaters.

The Quad guy Ken was talking about went into the whoops first lap of practice and the whoops are so steep the bike stopped and his feet were straight up like a balancing hand/face/chest stand. 7 seconds later he flopped back into the seat. Technically no crash but funny as crap.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
ken nobody tires of hearing you chat. you should have been a journalist, writer etc

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
OK Brian here goes...

The noise in my head is defining.

Date: Dec 18, 2010

Just got home from a most magnificent day-of-WHR Motorsports racing at Monroe WA. (Geo-local-here) and I’m wondering what to write.

Should I write about the weather and how in Gods own N. Bend WA the winds blow, temps drop and…this ole dude saved his 4x4 in a 50MPH lefty slide cause some spode decided to waste oil all over Hwy 203. I saved it but was wonder’n what’s up as my azz pitched 20 deg right and nose same left. Must’a been ole MX skills kicking in as I turned into and the gray beast swang back under control. I live!

So, should I write about da AX racing or my near death experience just trying to get home. Think I’ll go with AX.

Saturday evening was Lee’s final event for Monroe WA 2010 and it was a hoot, just check out WHR Motorsports calendar if you want more. Lynden baby I know I do.

Speeds were high by all measures. Amateurs had it wicked as did pros. About the only diff between the two was “speed”

Beginner class was all they could be going as fast as could but having judgment issues. Gotta wonder when peeps will stop jumping on one-another (ugly) in practice or any other day. Welcome to “B” (Junior) class.

Junior was better than beginner but only so far as they were a bit more experienced. Fast Jr’s had ok speed but exhibited childish behavior as is they always seem to do. It aint the machine peeps that make one go fast so look elseware to blame fault.

Int class was cool. Glad to see the beginner pros acting like they know what their doing. Hard riding good throttle control and bike handling. Only took until round #6 AX to see a change. I have hope.

PRO RACING!

I got to the races in time for practice and to watch pros. By the time I left, Sat Dec 18 evening, I’d had my fill and was ready to send my suspension out to EVO so that I could ride just like them, a pro.

Pro attendance was hot. 14 in big class and 15, maybe 16, in small. Maybe I got it mixed up but feel for small bike guys, open class HP was showing.

Stands packed temps down snow chasing this ole Subway lovi’n "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" Duwamish native-american all the way from Gods own N. Bend WA. to Monroe just so I could watch some off road racing. God do I love MX.

Sat evening was about as good as it gets when it comes to spectating. The more experienced pros were showing them young’ns how it’s done. Smooth or determined top pros showed us. Problem is as spectators we know but as riders they don't, it's geography parents yer just spectators. Better Suit-Up-and-Show if you want credit.

I for one would have paid a fortune to see a race like that…wait I did! Ones gotta finish before one can claim to be fast and I for one don’t care. If you can’t bring the bike home you aint much good. All pros finished the race but boy were mistakes made. About the only diff between Pro class and beginner on Sat was speed as far as I could tell.

Track was a rhythmic 4x lane’r. Long smooth start straight along easternly facing wall then sweeper all way around north wall into a bank-wall-90 small table (into-along west wall) for double-double-single or triple-triple. Only 3x pros tripled. Then 180 over a Mt Everest thing into whoops. Abrigo’s the only one that launched over Mt Everest into whoops but then he only did that in a semi-practice race (25+ pro) . Line looked sweet but come race never used. Anyway… final section small (20’ table) into a 35’ double with 15’ ramp-landing-into 180’er and start straight again.

Excitement 100% can’t wait until outdoors, maybe Top Gun, to try out most magnificent EVO suspenders.

Remember, it aint how fast you go but how good you look!

Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
yeah ken it was good. gotta give some mad props to colin jurin. even though it was a qualifier that might have beeen one of the best races all year between him and abrigo. that kid is really steppin it up and making it worth watching instead of a snoozer. monroe might need some new walls after all the crashing bikes into them between friday practice and saturday. quite a few broken bikes and lucky riders walking away from them.looking like crater is finding his old form again after a long spell off the bike
85s classes were fun to watch too between riley dowd and hayden humphries tearing it up.
then #224 langdon orgill dethroned Jacob Pettis in the 65s. 3 out 4 holeshots!! great job bro.
i think spencer casey won the jr class his last moto
missed the int class getting my son ready.
i guess with winter being not so great this year and the usual eastern wash winter tracks a mess maybe this arenacross deal should last longer this year i dont know

posted Hide Post
Ya the beginner class was old school. Ken and I and other vets. had a good time hooting up during epic beginner "race". The pro class was the best all year. Crater gave it to Abriego and won. Crater and Collin looked the best in the nasty whoops this week.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dogz450F
posted Hide Post
Every Pro moto is fun to watch now. Crater,Abrigo,Jurin and even Moore was back at it. Always looking at the watch to make sure not to miss a pro moto. Keep it up guys!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dogz450F,

Posts: 226 | Location: Snotown | Registered: Mon June 27 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dog (Dogz450F) it's many days later and still last Saturdays AX nights are sharp in head.

Ted has it right. Stands were packed. Had mx family and hopies (not the native american tribe...dha!) alike ascribing to northwest motocross racing in barn-arenas. Gota wonderabout these folks ...just like me?

Ted was right in that a bunch of local ole-timers-n-friends hoot-n-hollered, laughed, cringed, wooed and awed over the exploits of all of Lee's classed at Monroe WA. So thanks Dog for posting this because last Sat was indeed one of the best races ever and for all your reasons "Crater,Abrigo,Jurin and even Moore was back at it"

I love Abrigo cause he's two-people. On the track he's an animal, not the squirrelly kind more like an african lion (Discovery Channel) kind but off he's sheep. Eaay to talk to and friendly.

Crater he had it all. He had the speed, the wits, experience and put the whoe-down on his fellow pro buds. He had da-holeshot and showed'em all how it's done. Crater (Greg) Pro.

Jurin's new period. Has speed and talent and parents what he doesn't have is pro-experience.

Rule #1 Armature speed is NOT PROFESSIONAL SPEED! I wait.

Pros' are by definition that because they are alive along-enough to claim da title. Armatures wanna be pros and people like me write about never having have been..twas once.

Rule #1 Armature speed is NOT PROFESSIONAL SPEED! means - "you gotta finish".

Finishing means ... another section on EW Blog..finishing..

No blaming - Mom-Dad-Track-Weather-Dust-Bike..etc. Rule #1 means as a rider you have to learn

1) Fitness.. easiest of all
2) Engineering .. as in "why-d-engines-blow-up"?
3) Respect .. a handshaket
4) Bring-it-home. No finish means yer a-looser and I for one don't care why.

I ran out of time on EW Forum. I commented, Revised, Posted and still I was to "Slow"

If yer seeing a "This message has been edited." message then it's me being Not-As-Fast-As-I-Used-To-Be. Sorry, I couldn't keep up with technology!

KW (Duwamish Tribe)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Workman #21,