Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks for the concern
 Login/Join

posted
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that showed concern for my daughter Kari Hutchens #111 in Beg 85 after her heat race crash. She took a hard hit and really freaked herself out as well as scared the hell out of me as well. After calming down and thinking about it for a little she decided that she wanted to still race her main and she went out and did just that but just took it easy. Im glad to say she was just a little brusied on her hip from a ugly looking crash. I just want to again say THANK YOU to everyone that stopped by to check on her we are thankful to be racing with people that have a concern for their fellow racers. On a funnier note she did tell the EMTs when they were asking her questions "well there goes my points lead"...
Thanks to everyone again
Larry and Kari Hutchens

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Moonman
posted Hide Post
Kari's a trooper... Hopefully the points lead stays with her! Elly was excited to see you guys!

Posts: 101 | Location: NORTH BEND | Registered: Wed June 02 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
I was glad to see she got back on the horse for her last moto!!!
:-)

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hutch. I believe I'm talking about the same crash. But how lucky was Kari that the other rider was there to take her out before the wall.
Man that was scary. It's hard to learn but it's better to let go in a wrist lock situation than holding on. A few Eric Waunch schools would be a great idea.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny that you say that because she said that exact same thing about the boy on the KTM. Thank god that that boy did cross in front of her and they got tangled up because her hitting the wall was all that I was seeing at that point. Kari has take a few EW classes and had taken one the day before, but with the track layout as it was it makes it hard for the beginners as there is no room for errors on a start like that. I was looking forward to seeing how she would do that night as she had picked up the pace quite abit for her during Erics class on Friday but she is still learning the clutch but yeah she even said I was to far back and didn't let off soon enough... I just told her sometimes its better to let off and be at the back of the pack than try to hard and panic and have a big crash. I'm glad that she wants to learn from this and wants to put it behind her and to keep on trying to improve and she is looking forward to the next race

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Boy we saw the "wristlock" in full form several times Friday night. I think the aid car was there 4 times. I hope all those folks were alright.

How was the races Saturday night?

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
Mellow compared to friday. they mellowed out the step off and that changed the game.....

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I figured that Lee would change that after the carnage. I couldn't believe that one dude, 050, he hit the wall and went through the wires (just his person) and sustained virtually no injury. The second dude (the one who was hanging upside down by his leg when all was said and done) didn't fare so lucky.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah there were some scary wrecks the last two weekends at Monroe I just hope that everyone is ok and that we see a little less carnage.