New
Find
Notify
Tools

Abrigo Pasco crash
 Login/Join

Picture of Abrigo 402
posted
Hey there to everyone that has seen or heard about my crash at Pasco. Thanks to everyone that has called or asked to see how I was feeling!

I'm home now in Sultan, WA and am feeling a lot better. I endoed in the whoops and ended up dislocating my left hip. At first when I recollected myself after the crash, I thought I had broken my femur. I had a lot of pain in my leg and it looked not right. I couldn't tell where the pain was coming from so I didn't think of my hip being dislocated.

People were quick to say my suspension caused my crash. That was not the case and it was totally my fault. There were 8 whoops and as they broke down I started jumping quad quad through them. I got close to Anstett and went to make the pass through the whoops but he was in my normal line. I went a hair to the right of him and ended up jumping too deep in to the first quad. My front wheel landed right into the 5th whoop which had a Big kicker. I was carrying so much speed into that 5th whoop that there was nothing that could have been done to stop what happened. It was my fault and I should have been more cautious when entering an unfamiliar line.

There are no fractures of my pelvis either which I am very lucky for. The doctor says 4-6 weeks to let my hip heal. Everything around the hip needs some time to get tight again. Thanks for the support I am hearing from everyone! I'll be back to racing as soon as I feel strong and ready!

Posts: 114 | Location: Sultan,WA | Registered: Tue November 18 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really glad to hear your doing okay and sounds like better than maybe originally expected. Heal up quick Ryan. Its gonna suck not having you out there in the battle for a month or so. If you need anything I live right here in Sultan as well and little Charlie is around also so just let us know if we can help in any way.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
It was Royces fault we know that Ryan. hahaha couldn't help it royce sorry.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
hey greg did you wear your devol t shirt you won at the banquet Razz

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dogz450F
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was my fault and I should have been more cautious when entering an unfamiliar line

I don't think Abrigo wrote this! I should have been more cautious REALLY. Thats what makes it great to watch you race always giving it a 110%! Get well soon Ryan.

Posts: 226 | Location: Snotown | Registered: Mon June 27 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Dogz450F 110% come on. 100 is max and we all know it.

101, 102, 105, or 110 has always been un-obtainable. Physics-Dude-Physics. Me, I see or hear anybody saying they did ANYTHING over 100 I write'em off. Sad but true! Suka's waiting for the scrap heap.

If a rider gives 90% they got my attention, tell me their training at 80% for 3 days a week and I'm interested 4 days I pay attention 5 days and I know I want to watch. Finish in to 25% and it's a lock i'm watch'n.

That's local but what that means is a bottom 25% in National stuff.

25% Nat is pretty darn good in my book. Good enough to make me smile and wanna pork down some $cash and maybe a most wonderous "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" if I got time ... (Wahoo!)

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tressa
posted Hide Post
Glad there were no broken bones. Still sounds painful!! Get well soon buddy Smile

~* Give it hell til the end.
'Cause once you quit, you never get it back again*~

Posts: 921 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post