Find
Notify
Tools

longview?
 Login/Join

Picture of rpk
posted
anyone been down there this year?

Posts: 119 | Location: b-town | Registered: Sun May 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 747Heavy
posted Hide Post
quote:
anyone been down there this year?

Not that any of you fast guys would go to Longview anyway, and the MXPPA guys already know to avoid . . . I'll give an update on the soon to be gone Longview.

Went Saturday as every other track was closed for practicing within my traveling swath, so I tried Longview for the first/last time. At the gate they said that it should close within the next month or so for good - date uncertain. Neighbor problems there too.

They had a really nice layout for their main track, however it was made from either portland cement or bedrock, not sure which. Think dry lakebed, rattlesnakes, death valley. Appeared never to be prepped since glacial age. So I went to their smaller sand track and met similar young guys in their 50's and one maybe 60. All faster than I, and equally sad to see another track go away. The sand track was like deep Toes sand and somewhat Ok to ride, then they watered. The track got tackier and speeds went up and fun was to be had.

Closing or not, thats my last time to Longview. Looked like it could have been a nice place once, when there was dirt on the main track and people tending it. So long Longview.

Posts: 119 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Thu April 24 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post