New
Find
Notify
Tools

Port Angeles-OPMC
 Login/Join

Picture of B Anderson
posted
Olympic Penninsula Motorcycle Club (OPMC) is hosting open practice Saturday and RACING Sunday, the 25th and 26th resectively. Those of you who haven't been there in a while and those who never have should show up! A great bunch of people with one of several racers favorite layouts who have asked me to be one of their members...so that means they like A-holes too!

"If life is the face of a rutted jump, will you pick the line that drags your footpegs?"

Posts: 294 | Location: Buckley | Registered: Fri December 29 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
I went up to P.A. on Saturday and had an awesome time. I almost forgot how fun the track is. Track was a little muddy in the morning but perfect by second motos. Braaaaap cant wait to go back. BTW, great job done by the OPMC crew with the track.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
OPMC is having practice both days this weekend, Ill be there for at least one of the days, and if the weatherman is right, Ill be there for both days, as PA holds out when everywhere else is snot.

$25 a rider, and spectators are free.

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Anderson
posted Hide Post
OPMC has practice today-Saturday the 14th of April. Racing tomorrow on Sunday. Not a series race just good ol OPMC and good weather too!

"If life is the face of a rutted jump, will you pick the line that drags your footpegs?"

Posts: 294 | Location: Buckley | Registered: Fri December 29 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was fun kind of a low turn out though weather was sweet yesterday! Track conditons primo cept for the funky ass whoops if you wanna call them that whoever made them needs to learn how to do whoops. They was so bad they tried to fix it by knocking them down after the second practice session - this was cause during the second sessions people just started going around them.

The problem was they was alittle to big for whoops and too far apart. The only way to hit'em was to try and rhythm n a double / double fashion and even the faster guys where struggling I don't recall anyone really ever hitting them smooth.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
I'm far from fast but why does everyone want a track with no technicality where you just lollygag around it throttle wide open. I hate that everything built now days is just tabletops. Put the whoops back in tracks and get some technicality back to the tracks.

Everyone has it so easy these days that when they put something challenging in there are complaints or as you say "people just go around them".

Now if it's a safety issue...cool. But just because "they was alittle to big for whoops and too far apart". It's a motocross track not a flat track. I sure hope that the majority these days don't have this attitude but seemingly everyone is happier with a flat track these
days.

"The only way to hit them was to try and rhythm n a double / double fashion". Sounds like they were pretty decent whoops and you gave a perfect description of what whoops should be. Again it sounds like you expect a flat track.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no my point is they was more like a mini rhythm section and they was unsafe the way they where and they knew they where by the fact they came out and tried to knock'em down.

Don't come on here knockin me saying I want a smooth flat track. wtf is with guys and the net lately and the personal attacks come n say that to my face next time.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Come on Joe, go easy...

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joe439:
come n say that to my face next time.

Figured you for one of those people the sport attracts. YOU were the one complaining they were too big/too far apart now you say "they were a mini rhythm section". I'm confused???????????

Just be happy the OPMC proved to be in it for the riders and were on it when it came to be a problem aparently. When building a track you never know until the first few people go for it. I applaud them for taking a chance and making a more interesting track while others are catering to fully pinned four-strokes.

I know of a few promoters around that are in it for their back pockets and "giving the people a show". Not until a few pro's get hauled out do they decide to do something.

They chaulk it up to the average Joe as just not knowing how to ride and riding over their heads. Just another addition to the show watching the average rider get hauled off at their venues. Then POW a "real rider" goes down and only then do they do something.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Anderson
posted Hide Post
Max Miller 422 Supermini did the double double method all day long. Bryan Oneil was triple triple, Jake Anstett said go thru the corner in 3rd, grab forth, and stay up on top off them all

Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
Whoops are ALWAYS gnarly when they are first built, and if they arent, then they wont be worth a damn when they are broke in. Its been forever since OPMC re-did their whoops, and it was about time they did. They will probably be gnarly for awhile, but eventually they will get broke down and end up being perfect. Just give them some time. Motocross is motocross, ride what your given, even if it sucks... There is A LOT of unsafe crap out there, you always have the option to roll it...

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
Amen Justin, my point exactly. I guess some people will never be pleased though. I'm just happy they keep the track going and we still have a place to ride.