New
Find
Notify
Tools

MXGP needs our help
 Login/Join

posted
Hey guys/gals,

I don't know about you guys, but I am tired of waiting for Snohomish County to take us seriously. We need to let them know that our votes count too. I encourage everyone to write Aaron Reardon and all the Snohomish County Council members regarding this matter. We need to let them know how much we need to have a track in Snohomish County. I suggest writing a letter in your own words as it will mean a lot more. Here are the email addresses:
john.koster@co.snohomish.wa.us
brian.sullivan@co.snohomish.wa.us
mike.cooper@co.snohomish.wa.us
dave.gossett@co.snohomish.wa.us
Dave.Somers@co.snohomish.wa.us
County.executive@co.snohomish.wa.us

I would encourage everyone to write a well thought out letter explaining why it is so important for us to have a facility like this close to home. Here are a few points for discussion:
--save on gas (closer track equals less travel and it is less emissions output as a result)
--better for our local economy (local gas stations, grocery stores, resteraunts, etc will get our money versus the places abroad
--safer (riding on a professionaly maintained track with medical personal on site versus riding somewhere illegally or unsafe)
--MXGP will be a business that pays taxes and supports local businesses in its communities
--Family sport, keeps kids out of trouble just like stick/ball sports do

Remember to be direct and to the point, but leave out the profanity, this is a very emotional subject for a lot of people but cussing someone in a letter does no good. Lets show them what we can do. Forward this information on to anyone you know that rides in Snohomish County

Thanks,

Josh Knabe

Posts: 475 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Thu November 20 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You put this on Thumpertalk.com?

Posts: 32 | Location: Redmond | Registered: Tue November 09 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have now.

Posts: 475 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Thu November 20 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goofn
posted Hide Post
Done, I emailed all of them.
Thanks for posting this.
Let's support this folks!

(or NO whining)

ok

Posts: 150 | Location: Bothell, WA USofA | Registered: Fri November 21 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goofn
posted Hide Post
I got 1 reply to my emails so far. Here it is:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the MXGP motocross track proposal near Granite Falls. I share your concerns on this matter and appreciate you taking the time to write. I support these activities and would like to see a suitable location for a motocross track in Snohomish County. Riders and their families need more safe places to ride in the area.

In December, MXGP submitted a revised noise study to county planners. After receiving hundreds of comments, most from those opposed to the project, the county ordered a third-party analysis of the noise study, meant to independently evaluate its accuracy. The applicant has one year from the date of the County’s 2nd project review to address specific questions from staff.

Unfortunately it is a complicated process that MXGP must go through before approval of the project. After the applicant responds satisfactorily to staff’s questions, the proposal must be heard by the County Hearing Examiner, a zoning change and conditional use permit must be issued and the County Council would need to approve the project by a majority vote.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with me on this matter. If I may be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at county.executive@snoco.org.

Sincerely,
Aaron Reardon
County Executive

ok

Posts: 150 | Location: Bothell, WA USofA | Registered: Fri November 21 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
same form response letter I received

posted Hide Post
I don't think Gary has enough money to play the Washington State extortion game. If he was a developer he would divide the million dollar extrotion fee amongst the hundreds of houses they would build. It is nothing more than extortion performed by our government.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my response to him:

Dear Mr. Reardon,

Thank you for responding to my letter, I appreciate you taking time to address this important matter. When I first received your letter, I was put at ease. It seemed like Snohomish County was putting up a road block to the project and I was frustrated to learn that MXGP was not doing their part. That was before I started doing some research on some of the points you brought up in your letter.

For instance, why did it take so long for the third party sound study to occur? It looks like it took the County almost 6 months to even order the independent study, even after MXGP had paid for it full. I am assuming you were unaware of this delay and just as surprised to hear about as I was.

Also, I noticed the project reviewer, Erik Olson, has been changed and the new reviewer has a whole new list of things to correct (hoops for MXGP to jump through). To my knowledge, MXGP had made all the necessary corrections per Erik Olson's previous list, then all of the sudden, Erik is moved to Public Works and MXGP gets a new planner and a whole new list of requirements. From my standpoint, it seems pretty unfair and I feel like there are people in the County that are intentionally sandbagging this project.

You also stated you would like to see more safe places to ride in Snohomish County. To my knowledge, there is no where in Snohomish County to ride MX. The County has successfully shut down the only area I was aware of four years ago.

I have seen land bought, rezoned, clearcut and houses built and sold in less then one year, why is this project so much different? Property in my neighborhood was sold and a Safeway, gas station and strip mall were all built in less the a year and a half. MXGP has been shut down for almost 4 years now and been fighting to reopen the whole time, with no success. The Mayor of Granite Falls and the City Council support the project, most of the people that live in the immediate area support it as well. Just as it did in Monroe, this facility will bring revenue in to the Town of Granite Falls as well as revenue for Snohomish County. I just do not understand what is taking so long.

According to your letter, you support the facility and would like to see it move forward. While I understand the need for requirements to be met, I also know when enough is enough. There are a lot of people in our community that feel like the County is saying yes to appease us, but then trying to hold up the project anyway possible behind the scenes. Please, prove me wrong. I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Josh Knabe
Snohomish, WA 98296
Project#07-101924-000-00-LU

posted Hide Post
Ted,

While what you say may be true, that does not mean he should give up. Maybe we should organize a rally and siege the Snohomish County Council building, just like they did in Olympia a couple of years ago, that would be cool. Any takers?

posted Hide Post
I am bringing some fliers to Top Gun regarding the MXGP issues. Come down and pick one up at the SP trailer behind the national start, we need to give them all the support we can.

Posts: 43 | Location: washington | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is great, they need all the help they can get. Does anyone know if Dave Hiatt is still around, it has been a while since I received an email from him.

Picture of B Anderson
posted Hide Post
Disturbed, great letter. I'm in for the rally if we can get it going. No one wanted this ol guy on their team at top gun and the fiance wants to "do something different" this weekend, but if I can obtain a flier or pdf of it I will personally get copies printed and distribute them during the Washington State Championship Series.

"If life is the face of a rutted jump, will you pick the line that drags your footpegs?"

Posts: 294 | Location: Buckley | Registered: Fri December 29 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you IM me your email I can send you a pdf file that has all the information on it. That would be a great idea to distribute it at the races. Anyone who is interested in getting/distributing the information, please let me know, IM me your email address and I will forward you the file.

posted Hide Post
What's new with MXGP?

Posts: 32 | Location: Redmond | Registered: Tue November 09 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
I wish we were back in Monroe at the track that was originally there....I bet they haven't done crap with that land over the last 4 years!

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moderbike x
posted Hide Post
ted is dead on on this for sure! it kills me

Posts: 215 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Sat December 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moder,

Who is ted?

BullTaco

Posts: 10 | Location: snohomish county | Registered: Mon August 17 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BullTaco:
Moder,

Who is ted?

BullTaco

Now that's Funny!

Posts: 289 | Location: lk stevens | Registered: Mon November 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stay tuned everyone, updated information regarding the MXGP Motocross Facility in Granite Falls is coming soon...

Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Disturbed450:
Stay tuned everyone, updated information regarding the MXGP Motocross Facility in Granite Falls is coming soon...

I've heard some rumors....
Any new info?

Posts: 271 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 28 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post