New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oakwood
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul 061
posted
I went out to Oakwood last night. Not a lot of big bikes, one class of fast and one of slow. I got 5 10 minute sessions in and it could have been 7. Track was good, full length start straight, 180 right hand to 2 small table tops, 180 left hand to a 45 ft double, right hand to 2 smallish 15 ft doubles sweeper and do it again. The thing I like about Oakwood is that everyone can ride smooth there. I didn't do the big double but I could smoothly single single. Great place for kids and those that just want to ride. Fast guys can look like Bubba as there are only a few who are int. pace.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
sssshhhhhhhh Paul, don't let the secret out! Wink

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kids raced Oakwood today and i must say that place is FIRST CLASS!!! All the way to great flaggers with radios, huge youth turn out today, SANTA!!! and everybody is nice...no attitudes. Great job to all the workers. A couple of riders with good crashes but nothing serious. Be back in January.

Posts: 46 | Location: bonney lake, wa | Registered: Sun February 11 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
How are the lights out there at night? Can you see okay, it seems kinda dark in there and the track you descibed sounds actually pretty fun.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
The back corner is a bit dark. I don't see well in the dark (Pacific Friday night races are terrible for me) but this wasn't half bad. The worst time is at dusk but once it gets dark outside it's doable.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a great place for the kids to ride.

Posts: 49 | Location: Federal Way | Registered: Wed January 30 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jb329
posted Hide Post
wish they would put lights outdoor there sometime i remember a couple years ago trying to fix my bike with the only light being that coming from my trucks headlights!

Posts: 303 | Location: Ellensburg | Registered: Wed October 10 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
That is an issue. When the turnout is low, I pit my bike inside so I only have to deal with the dark at load up time.

Picture of Abrigo 402
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any info on the Oakwood arenacross? Are they closed now? I have pictures of me racing 50's there lol I heard the track is a little weak but any riding to me is good riding...

Posts: 114 | Location: Sultan,WA | Registered: Tue November 18 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
Looks like its still open...

http://www.kanddracing.com/Oakwood.html

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Ryan, I think the next practice is the 24th.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TJ 755
posted Hide Post
should be called couchwood

been up there a few times this year, 90% quads

Posts: 87 | Location: North Bend | Registered: Fri March 28 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
It's actually 100% quads. (before 2:30 pm)

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I was out there last Saturday and it was good. I got 6 sessions, I could do all the jumps, although there was a double to tabletop that no one was doing but any int. could have done it. Ryan you may not like it there, not because of the track but becasue you would lap everyone so fast that you couldn't ride fast or try any of the bigger stuff if no one was doing it. It is NOT arenacross. It is rough scrambles. Sometimes it's more difficult than a real arenacross track as there are lots of small obsticles and you can get complacent and get bitten.

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Brendan and I had a ball last Saturday. I got one more moto than I could do. I quit at 6:45 and I think Brendan got atleast 10 motos, he rode till the bell.

We'll be out there next Saturday too. It's alright.

Picture of toyota_mdt_tech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
It's actually 100% quads. (before 2:30 pm)

And 0% quads from 2:30 till 7:30 Saturday evening practice.

Posts: 1 | Location: Olympia | Registered: Mon March 30 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Huh?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Quads practice in the afternoon bikes in the evening.

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
? Is that a local thing or what.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Ken, there's lots of locals down there.