New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tone Show MX
 Login/Join

Picture of Aaron
posted
I had a freaking ball at the Tone Show MX park today.

Thanks Tony!

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Levi
posted Hide Post
tone show???
wheres this?

Posts: 178 | Location: washington | Registered: Wed January 23 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Yea.... fill us in here Aaron!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
We rode Tony's property this weekend. I'll let him tell you about it. It was fun though. I was going to bring Honda916's trick Cyclops goggle cam for some vid action, but couldn't get him to bring it to me. (Something about going skiing or something like that. I mean who chooses that over riding??? Eek)

Anyway, if the Tone Show lets me come back, I'll get the goggle cam for sure. Or maybe Tone can have an EWMXSCHOOLS play day there in the near future. Smile

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
We rode Tony's property this weekend

Have you got numbers, you know..the good stuff - turns, angles, distances. If you had then maybe some peeps could map things out and give other peeps a clue as to what a Tone Show MX Park was all about. Not that anybody else could be riding such a wondrous domicile but it might inspire. Just a thought.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I would go the route of a helmet cam of a lap around the track. With Tone's permission of course....

Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
It's hard to explain, but from what I've heard... you start out down a 3rd gear straight with a dog leg right (soon to change)... drop down a small hill, down shift and hit a 110deg Left over a small double down to an option line, straight ahead is a lump with a sweeping downward fading on the gas left hander or hang a harder left over a small table, Back on the gas straight to another bending left sweeper (the Tone Show likes Lefts,.. on the track that is Wink), straighten her up and start heading up again, bending to the right a little up a 70'ish step up triple thingy past the Huge Maple, on the gas straight to 100deg R berm, and back down hill to a step down 90'ish triple/table or double the table (if you triple you better be ready for the turn), then bend R over an off camber double, straight to a "tone show" one way (only way) rhythm section (double, triple) to slam into an uphill 70deg berm to a rightward aiming double, blip the throttle over a double to a 50’? triple but you better be ready for a Hard 180deg left or you’re in the stickers (all bikes lost and left over 24hrs are donated to the track), head up a small hill to a flat 70deg Leftward turn, just after the turn there is a bump… go to far and you can't get on the brakes hard enough for the hard 180 right hand S option line or be lazy and go straight to a right hander and pour on the power, not to much though or you might be rubbing some bark off of the trees in the next corner (one inside, one outside, perfectly placed). The option sets you up straight for the next section, going straight makes you turn Left around the tree where the two meet... They are about even but I got Brenden covered there. Then you head into the forest on the gas straight, to a L & R switchback, keep bending right to a 130deg left hand berm (if your hooking up, just cut the corner and stay on it and if your buddies kids in front, you can Park him!) head back up the hill to a 65’+ step up (as far as you want)... back on the gas straight to Left hand up hill S turn, leveling out as you turn right, back on it hard up the hill to the front long left hand sweeper (start), short shift 4th if your ballsy down the straight or rev out 3rd to PO the neighbors... and that is a lap (or so I’ve been told)

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
That's exactly how I would have explained it..... Wink

posted Hide Post
wheres this at? i live out here in maple valley, and cant think of any tracks around here!

*T-BONE*

Posts: 76 | Location: Maple Valley washington | Registered: Tue November 20 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mx132:
wheres this at? i live out here in maple valley, and cant think of any tracks around here!

It's located juuuussst outside of MV (about 2hrs North)

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MX516:
It's hard to explain, but from what I've heard... you start out down a 3rd gear straight with a dog leg right (soon to change)... drop down a small hill, down shift and hit a 110deg Left over a small double down to an option line, straight ahead is a lump with a sweeping downward fading on the gas left hander or hang a harder left over a small table, Back on the gas straight to another bending left sweeper (the Tone Show likes Lefts,.. on the track that is Wink), straighten her up and start heading up again, bending to the right a little up a 70'ish step up triple thingy past the Huge Maple, on the gas straight to 100deg R berm, and back down hill to a step down 90'ish triple/table or double the table (if you triple you better be ready for the turn), then bend R over an off camber double, straight to a "tone show" one way (only way) rhythm section (double, triple) to slam into an uphill 70deg berm to a rightward aiming double, blip the throttle over a double to a 50’? triple but you better be ready for a Hard 180deg left or you’re in the stickers (all bikes lost and left over 24hrs are donated to the track), head up a small hill to a flat 70deg Leftward turn, just after the turn there is a bump… go to far and you can't get on the brakes hard enough for the hard 180 right hand S option line or be lazy and go straight to a right hander and pour on the power, not to much though or you might be rubbing some bark off of the trees in the next corner (one inside, one outside, perfectly placed). The option sets you up straight for the next section, going straight makes you turn Left around the tree where the two meet... They are about even but I got Brenden covered there. Then you head into the forest on the gas straight, to a L & R switchback, keep bending right to a 130deg left hand berm (if your hooking up, just cut the corner and stay on it and if your buddies kids in front, you can Park him!) head back up the hill to a 65’+ step up (as far as you want)... back on the gas straight to Left hand up hill S turn, leveling out as you turn right, back on it hard up the hill to the front long left hand sweeper (start), short shift 4th if your ballsy down the straight or rev out 3rd to PO the neighbors... and that is a lap (or so I’ve been told)
show us some pics bro

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B Sharkey:
show us some pics bro

Sad to say... I've never taken any pics... to busy riding.. i'll get some

Picture of Levi
posted Hide Post
is going public or is it private?

Posts: 178 | Location: washington | Registered: Wed January 23 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
private

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Great description "Tone-Show" almost like I was there. Lefty's, righty's, doglegs, tables and sweepers. Might have to try a modeling number on the "TS" track 2hr north of somewhere, you know something the rest of us can see.

My only real concern is the apparent close proximity of a few trees, and maybe the lack of a good Subway location, so any chance one might convince a "tree-whisperer" to intervene and convince those tree guys to move outta the way?

Just ask'n

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Workman #21:
Great description "Tone-Show" almost like I was there. Lefty's, righty's, doglegs, tables and sweepers. Might have to try a modeling number on the "TS" track 2hr north of somewhere, you know something the rest of us can see.

My only real concern is the apparent close proximity of a few trees, and maybe the lack of a good Subway location, so any chance one might convince a "tree-whisperer" to intervene and convince those tree guys to move outta the way?

Just ask'n

Would you want Washougal to get rid of the trees too? Just say'n Big Grin

Picture of 747Heavy
posted Hide Post
Ken, your in luck when in Mt Vernon:

SUBWAY Restaurant locations in Mount Vernon proudly serving "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwichs":

323 E College Way
Mount Vernon Mall Ste C
Mount Vernon WA 98273
360-424-5304
Local Store Web Page

2323 E Section St
Mount Vernon WA 98274
360-848-0770
Local Store Web Page

1765 S Burlington Blvd
Burlington WA 98233
360-757-1916
Local Store Web Page

9572 Old Hwy 99
Burlington WA 98233
360-707-0434

108 N Township Ste #A
Outpost Retail Ctr
Sedro Woolley WA 98284
360-856-5778
Local Store Web Page

7009 265th St NW
Ste 101
Stanwood WA 98292
360-629-2678

7705 204th St NE
Ste 104
Arlington WA 98223
360-403-7065

Posts: 119 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Thu April 24 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
Keep headin North!

KW, you are in luck, there just happens to be a Subway about 11 min away... Theres even a new Sonic Drive in!

I prefer a roast beef w/ pepperjack on wheat, toasted, with lettuce, tomato, green peppers, lots of Olives, peppercinis, honey mustard and a splash of vinigar... thats how I roll.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MX516,

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Whoa a Sonic? I've heard it's the smak, almost as good as Subway serving up its most delicious "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" or maybe even better than the most wondrous 2009 Red monster machine sprot'n its Crower custom ground cam (laughing) and amazing HP...P.S. I'd like to thank all my sponsors at this time.... ah...well that'd be me (laughing).

They got any DLC up that way?