Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zac Parks
 Login/Join

posted
Please keep Zac in your thoughts. He has a compressed and fractured L1 vertabrae. He is having surgery today, where they will put in rods and screws to stabalize the injury. It is a common back injury, with 100% recovery expected. He got lucky, in that there was no nerve or spinal cord injury.
He was racing at the Lorreta Qualifier in Boise. He went down in the first turn and then raced his way back thru the pack to about 5th, when he crahed. He was doing the double triple all weekend, and decided to play it safe with only 2 laps to go,and take the inside double double since the wind was so bad. He over jumped the 1st double and endo'd off the second double. Bad crash. He will be out for 6 months to a year.

Posts: 78 | Location: Ravensdale | Registered: Mon April 10 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Little c and I are praying for you Zac and your mom and dad. Heal up fast. We look forward to seeing you back out on the track.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been txting Dale, he has let me know that Zac is scheduled for surgery tonight at 7pm.
Will post again when I know more. Keep him in your thoughts.

Alice Miller
625 mom

Posts: 146 | Location: Lynnwood, Wa | Registered: Tue September 28 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's in surgery right now...that was 7pm Boise time, which is one hour ahead of us...If I hear anything, I will also post it.

Posts: 78 | Location: Ravensdale | Registered: Mon April 10 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great News! The surgery went well..everything went as planned with out any hitches! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. The Parks family really apreciates it.

posted Hide Post
He should be up and walking tomorrow and out of the hospital by Friday or Saturday.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for keeping us posted. And please keep us updated on how Zac's doing.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be praying for Zac and family also.

Posts: 452 | Location: Selah,WA. | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zacs surgery was 2 hours long last night. he was in alot of pain so they gave him some better medicine and now he is doing alright. they had him walking around a little today, and tomorrow they will have him walking more and sitting up in bed and in a chair. GWS 351

*T-BONE*

Posts: 76 | Location: Maple Valley washington | Registered: Tue November 20 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats great news. Any speculation on when he will be riding again. I'm sure its too early to tell but hopefully its a quick recovery for him.

Picture of FERD285
posted Hide Post
Heal up soon Zac your in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Factory Ford 285

Posts: 263 | Location: Olympia, WA | Registered: Mon November 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As you have heard, Zac did well in surgery. Riding speculation is 6-12 months, depending on how fast he heals.
Lets not forget about him as he gets better, its gonna be tough not being able to ride.

Alice

Posts: 146 | Location: Lynnwood, Wa | Registered: Tue September 28 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ..::MOTOX155::..
posted Hide Post
The DeVol crew sends our prayers and thoughts for a quick recovery Zachy-boy!!! We hope to see you soon.

Posts: 214 | Location: Washington | Registered: Mon August 23 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any updates on Zac?

posted Hide Post
Had a quick txt with Dale this morning. He said Zak is home, and walking without the use of his walker.

Alice

Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update!!
Glad to hear hes up and moving!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post