Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dodgers ,#3
 Login/Join

posted
Some of our NW rain has made the trip to the SOUTHLAND. Air travel from Portland is also a little messed with.45 min trip to airport was also interesting with flooding.
Reports from practice
One of the HARD TRAINNING rider this week was "HOT SAUCE" Ivan Tedesco! Working at same track so got to watch him pound lots of laps,most guys ride a couple ,cruise,chat,text,,Ivan spent most of the time riding hard on the track.
MORE tec stuff
Had someone not personally involved with kid watch bike, saw things I never catch. Hard for rider to know what exactly bike is doing,at least in our case.Strange how almost all Dads need someone else to talk with their kid,like we speak a different language.JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am thinking the mud is going to get a few guys into the night show that grew up riding the NW crud! Practices should be shorter and I don't see anyone seeing track time til about 3.
Dodger stadium has zero cover for seating.

Posts: 433 | Location: dbrazier@motors-controls.com | Registered: Fri January 14 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
I am thinking the mud is going to get a few guys into the night show that grew up riding the NW crud! Practices should be shorter and I don't see anyone seeing track time til about 3.
Dodger stadium has zero cover for seating.

I'm pretty sure I sat under covered seating last year.. Dodger 2011 was excellent race to watch, third race in and everybody had there groove on.. fun rowdy L.A. moto crowd and the stadium was siiick, I enjoyed it, had real cool look
& feel to it. MC came out was throwing big nac nacs! A-1 was more of show way over rated

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some rain showers this AM. Sunny now with rain again at 3,just in time for practice. 3:45 is the current time for practice. One timmed 12 min. shot to get in or watch.
Most guys (Privateer) are riding practice bikes rather then trash race stuff.
Dunlop guys had a very busy round mounting around 400 tires last weekend,more then this week. JR

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took the plastic off the track,and was really dry. Only one Qualifing try did NOT work for us.
Chris Johnson went down hard befor geting a time,pited just down from us so might get a update.JR

posted Hide Post
friend went to astrix unit,talked later and learned he had lots of company.Total of 7 riders were in with him after the first! practice secion.
Crater made the night show,also Stienke,Tapia,Schmidt,Horban.
Stands looked maybe half full,not sure if weather or location?
Stewart took out Weimer crowd did not like the move. Podium interview also had people Booing. JR

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
“Hik^w K^wdiid” ..(Huge Thanks) and much appreciation JR. “Hik^w K^wdiid” in native speak translates to “Big Thank you”. Saturday Jan 21, 2012 had me down in your neck of the woods pounding native-american drums and singing native-american songs. (ref: Cathlapotle Plankhouse). Weather's been pretty bad up here in Gods country. I'm not sure even Subways most magnificent and wondrous "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" could handle conditions like this. Power-n-Cable have been restored, finally! Reading your post has introduced color (Spring - Oh-He-Hud-Ub) back into this drab pud-tus (Season-Cold) season.

“Hik^w K^wdiid”

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Moonman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 101 | Location: NORTH BEND | Registered: Wed June 02 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MX Family:
At the race people were distracted with "Lets make some noise" battle between first base side vs third base side,during the restart.
Strange crowd at SX don't think most even know who was down.Most leave during the last race to get out ahead of the crowd,so not to sure why they even go. Samt thing with practice,tons of people doing the pit walk,gettin autographs,pics with models is very popular. Wonder what a Monster girl makes for her day at the races?
INJURY rate at this race was VERY VERY HIGH,reasonfor this? Most thought the pressure of one chance to make it or go sit in the stands. Couldn't count how many guys I saw miss the basic finish line jump,both long and short. Very sobering to see rider pull off track to Mech area,and tell Mech/dad "I JUST BROKE MY WRIST"!
Strong REALITY-GUT check this last weekend. JR