New
Find
Notify
Tools

2011 SX vs Locals
 Login/Join

Picture of Workman #21
posted
“Sta-Bo-Wa Ti-Ish “ in Lushootseed, a dead language of the indigenous peoples of the Puget Sound Basin translated means “What’s that?”

“What’s that” is precisely what I asked myself when I got an email the other day and attached was a photo of a rear fender (Show photo here) of what looked like a Red Wonder machine with huge graphics espousing support and appreciation for same.

I went on line.

I went on line because proof-is-in-da-pudding as they say and sure enough “Respect” was there in the form of sponsor-brand in 2011 SX A1 signup.

For all, Rider #153 had no obligation in 2011 for any KW endorsement and still rider included an ole-indigenous-peoples logo as same. Respect recognized #153.

Pretty cool Greg, pretty cool indeed.

[AMA]
http://209.169.8.8/pdfresults/.../01/sx_entrylist.pdf

[Photo]

Bottom line .. National vs Local vs International to me are all the same. Just some "Bloke" trying to make a living.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
i think its basically impossible to make the main in the 450 class now.it is too stacked now and there is no way a local guy can get in anymore unless there is some crazy crash and a bunch of the top guys are out in the qualifiers.look at the top 20 amazing

http://motocross.transworld.ne...ercross-anaheim-1/2/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B Sharkey,

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how Greg made it to the night show. The results had him .6 seconds out of the top 40 and in 42 position. Perhaps 2 other guys couldn't go. Greg, how'd you do it?

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
sorry paul i had to correct my post after i looked at it. i meant the main not the night show. the lites class on the west is looking weak this year though

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I agree.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Pike phoned and said 2x riders had dropped out of main and #153 was in. What caught my eye was #153's finish position.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
well that was a good rule change then. last year i dont think it worked that way.

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Crater, on phone, a few minutes ago for congrat's on making Night Show (Link to Chase Field 2011 SX).

The on-line real time guys had him at 29th but he said 40th. Humm... clearly deltas exist between on-line and actual bone crushing stuff.

Carters' in the night show for SX AZ 1-15-2011 and that's all that counts. No Weeping, Tears or excuses the dude just drove.

"In an uncertain world it's tough to be certain about anything". Did I just make that up or should cred's be granted? I just Googled term and found no matching results. Maybe it's an original thought and an Underdog could win - just maybe?

Craters in the Big Show 2011 Sporting Stickers and signing autographs. As far as I can tell the guy's getting the job done. Journeyman MX. Respect granted Greg respect granted.

ref: http://results.amasupercross.c...1/02/sxentrylist.pdf

posted Hide Post
Just watched the supercross and I would have to say you would be right in it crater if ya could just get a start, it looked like you were dead last and rode back to 9th or 10th. Keep pluggin away man you'll get in there.

Posts: 53 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Mon September 20 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
Hey thanks guys.
Paul, they did change it and lucky for me cause I pretty much suck at going fast in practice. I have always qualified toward the back and then I am usually able to race with guys who make main or are close.

Thanks again for the support up there. I felt good tonight and put in solid consistant laps to make a few passes happen in that LCQ, ende up 8th after being just about last through the first turn. Next week will be a new venue and hopefully I'll get some riding done this week again and I will keep moving up. I talked to binckly and he says hes got me down for 4th in the LCQ next week. I'll be hoping for sharkeys big crash scenario but t this point 4th in the LCQ would be better than what I have done so far.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
I would also like to point out that I was the top finishing local guy. Not bad for being a washed up old pro I figure.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
When guys like Mike Alessi cant make the main, you know the class is stacked!

Regardless, keep plugging away Crater, you have just a good a chance as anyone in the LCQ! Smile

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crater:
I would also like to point out that I was the top finishing local guy. Not bad for being a washed up old pro I figure.
good job greg. ask ruminer about how to take out the top contenders in the first turn. thats the key. then just twist her hard

posted Hide Post
Greg you old hag. We all know you are making bank racing in front of 50,000 people that paid $20 to $50 to watch you hero's. And they run the first 2 SX event on TV 3 times in 2 days.
That's probably not making the promoter any money.
This might be a streach but I bet that the T-Shirt vender makes more profit at each event than the entire pro payout.
Here is my tip for you Greg. When the gate drops, you should try to be the first one that leaves! That'll be $20 for the advise. I'll collect it at our next race. Big Grin

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
Ted you caught me, I'll be a millionaire before I come home. I just need to keep it quiet. I don't want my debtors coming after me.

posted Hide Post
See. I'm smarter'n a bag full a hammers.

Keep making the show and we will be cheering you on Greg. Good job!

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More fuel. Most of the NW guys are smart enough to do the 450 class,us DUMB ones try the 250=cost to enter is the same #200 IF (and thats a big if for most of us)you make to the night show,you get a wopping $230 for making the it.Not sure because we havent made it farther but think it pays the same till you hit the 3rd spot in the LCQ.JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MXGP
posted Hide Post
Thank you
I haven't been on here for a while. I just want to thank you guys for having a top NW rider prize for Supercross. I have been helping out Josh Jackson since his dad passed away. He had a really tough trip but finally broke through at Sandiego and finished 11th in the heat and 7th in the LCQ.
Doc

Posts: 244 | Location: EVERETT, WA, USA | Registered: Sun November 23 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post