Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A1
 Login/Join

posted
Thought the $$ for top NW rider was very nice last year. Do we get to see something like it this year? Know lots of riders with funding issues(DEAD BROKE)staying with friends or just living out of trucks. If we could get something started here might increase interest in the SX season? JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I'm in... sounds like we need Eric to do more of his great yeoman work like last year for it to pan out. Is this end-of-sx-season $$ or per event stuff?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out RF Motorsports Collin Jurin and Chris Howell.

Posts: 19 | Location: Monroe, WA | Registered: Thu July 29 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Who has the biggest big screen TV and is centrally located? We should have an A1 party. I'd volunteer but I only have a 27" regular TV.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Heard Jurin is out getting shoulder surgery

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marnie
posted Hide Post
I agree with Paul..I am up for a party. I have a TV and shop big enough but Enumclaw is not excately centrally located for most.

Posts: 240 | Location: Enumclaw | Registered: Tue January 23 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.rfmotorsportsusa.com
Please check out our website and help support Chris Howell and Collin Jurin and hopefully maybe a few more deserving privateers

Posts: 126 | Location: cle elum | Registered: Wed December 21 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Checked the site with Chriss and jurin,neat. My thoughts are more toward rewarding results at SX. More issue with who is NW riders. Again my thinking is DIFF. Tapia,Weeks,Steinke,Urquart,all live out of the NW. Crater,Horban,Howell,Jurin,Meusling,are the guys who I think of as current NW riders at A1,sorry if I missed a few please post if I did.
We put together a $100 (yea like 20 GAL of gas today)check for the top rider at A1. Not much but at least something. JR

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friday nights in the pits.If you have never been at a SX for the full weekend might surprize you how quiet it is. Most noise is from sound checks on speaker system,but the pits are really quiet.
Few updates heard K. Urquart hurt his hand/wrist.Looked for Chris Howell but didn't find him.Horban,Stienke were around so chatted some. Spent evening with Bret Woodring former National pro from a few years back
Track looks awsom,weather report also looks great. Lots of NEW rigs in the pits,Jeff Ward is involved with a team,my mind is on OVERLOAD on the rest.
Hope you all find a place to maybe on a big screen?should be INTENSE this time tommrow!! JR
Funny pic from here with 801's bike in the pits in the back of vintage ISUZU PU truck,,LONG way from semi-hauler!!!

Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the updates JR!!
:-)

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RV fans he looks ready to WIN in practice. Really nice to see Josh Hill riding. Caught up with Howell. Few more NW guys Naudit,and Potter. Sunny this afternoon. Love the single spring Hinson clutch,,,unless shaft nut comes loose in timed practice. JR

posted Hide Post
Local NW top rider was Mike Horban with 8th in LCQ. JR
PS RV was ready to win

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
heard K. Urquart hurt his hand/wrist

Yep..KU did, hurt his wrist that is. He, Jurin and Dennis all huddled together Sat 4PM, smile on all faces, good meet-n-greets-n-hand-shakes (where could) but Butts planted on stadium seats instead of motor-cycles. Things happen. Weather...temps good at 70's with evening chill. Tire grip (traction) awesome! Factory HP ok enough but "BLAP" response from factory motors ...over-da-top. Aint nutt'n like a factory motor.

A1 2012 ...very nice, 11AM-10PM...way cool!

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KW
Trying to figure what you said? Were you down for race? If should have stoped by.
Jason Potter was close on the top rider thing got 9th,again sorry if I missed anyone.
Tec stuff
We run the Single Hinson stuff with no problem till this race. Went out with a new clutch installed by our local Corona shop,and had the retainer nut on shaft come loose in the first timming session.Mind games follow after a bike issue when doing SX type jumps. Looking forward to next week at Az. JR

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Yup..MX Family KW twas there. A-1 2012. 2hr to and 2hr back Alaska Air Wahoo!. I scrapped Seattle's rain for LA's 85F fun-n-sun and meet-n-greets. Pike (#62) had bikes ready and so I put in my time at Elsinore but watched Parris, night vision...can't see to ride so well anymore. Went to Milestone for Friday before A-1 2012 SX but freaked out on doubles so road baby-track (Vet). Twas a hoot! my days in So-Cal.

Sorry I missed ya. That whole LA, A-1, 2012 and "Social-Engineering" (my-thought) had me ALL-Wound-UP! Clock-in, Clock-out,Go-here,Stay-in-line,Move-forward had me-tights-tightly-wound! Once I made it past da LA crap things got good, real folks talk'n real language. Craters, Howells..etc speaking real words. I hate that "Rap" crap!

Sorry I missed ya MX Family at meet-n-greet, would'a been really cool to top off da weekend had we met. Lets see, 3x shootings on news, 2x car crashes (witnessed), 2x record high temps, zepo water (H2O) and plenty of spandex-clad-babes. My trip to LA Jan 2012 was memorable .. indeed. Ouch! and 1x crushed back..mine.

Can't wait till next year to do it all again!