Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lymburner on the road
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thank you SOOO! much for the reply on the brace question. It helps get the point across to my kid who "KNOWS" I know nothing when I tell him how important it is to ride in all the gear,Thanks again for the reply! JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
If wish they would have had knee braces before I toasted my knees.Now I cant ride with out them not because of instablity but because I can slam my knees into the bike,squeeze the tank crasy hard in the straights and save those flyen W's with out bruzing or shredding my inner knee

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
The thing with knee braces is to get good ones. I blew out my knee wearing EVS visions. It most likely would have been worse without them but if I had had Asterisks I don't think it would have happened.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Open Class
posted Hide Post
IT is a common mistake to think knee braces will prevent acl related injuries.

ACL, MCL are twisting as well as jamming injuries. A knee brace will not prevent twisting injuries.

A brace can help with a lot of other knee related injuries, but it is incorrect to assume that it would have prevented an ACL or MCL injury.

I can validate what the experts say as, I had one ACL blowout without, and one ACL blowout with knee braces (good knee braces Don Joy custom fit).

---------------------------------------------------------------
"You, you, and you: panic. The rest of you come with me"

Posts: 722 | Location: An island in the middle of a lake | Registered: Sun January 07 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of triplenickel
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: I had surgery on Feb. 20th(wednsday) Anesthsia(sp?) is nice. I was making a joke while the nurse was shaving my hairy leg and... then i woke up. The doc said everything went well, my ACL was no where to be found and he also had to repair meniscus tears. It's Sunday now and my knee is still huge and still hurts as I still lay in bed waiting for the pain to get better. They had so much bandaging on my leg that I don't think the ice was doing anything. I took that off Friday night when I finally able to take a shower. I have exactly half of 60 pills of hydrocodone left and I still have to eat them like skittles. Note to self: Eat with food. I spent one night sick and in pain because I decided earlier that day i wasn't hungry anymore and would just stop eating while still taking pain killers. Bad Idea. Thank you again to everybody

Posts: 94 | Location: On the Road,USA | Registered: Mon February 13 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Be careful with the skittles, it's tough to quite them and they will bind you up better than a plate full of cheese!

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
late night Paul?or early morning?or are you in some forien county?
Jerry is this your first surgery?

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I'm in Italy Vern. In the past 4 days, I've stayed in 4 different hotels in 3 different countries. It sucks!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Paul 061,

Picture of triplenickel
posted Hide Post
Well today I went to the doc because my leg was still very swollen and still hurt pretty bad. The doc agreed with me and gave me a shot to help with the sweeling and then I went next door to the physical therapy office and the have a wonderful ice machine called "game ready" that really brought the swelling down in my knee. So things are looking up a little more now. This the biggest surgery I have ever had yes. I have never had any rod's put in or anything like that. I have only had two broken thumbs and a couple cracked ribs from MX. I broke my big toe in P.E. class in highschool and now a screw in my toe. I am not worrying about getting addicted to the pills. I don't like taking them and usually never do, but this time....

Posts: 94 | Location: On the Road,USA | Registered: Mon February 13 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post