New
Find
Notify
Tools

Northwest SX riders
 Login/Join

Picture of E.W. #849
posted
Im hearing about a fair amount of northwest riders hitting the upcoming SX races.

Two years ago I put together a donation fund for the top placing NW rider and every race. Should we try to do it again?

Whats the news with the riders? The RF motorsports team is sounding awesome!

I heard something about Lance Philips getting on the Munn Racing team.

Whatcha got?

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Nothing???

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
EW you might be thinking of Lance Vincent to Munn Racing KTM...

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lance and Josh, flew down to Texas for the Munn racing tryouts, Oct 27th and 28th.
Lance made it through both days of cuts.
He was told, they would like him to ride the West Coast, but they need to talk to KTM about bikes, although they would take his bike to all of the races in their Semi, if they were not able to get any more bikes from KTM.
Chip called Lance last week and said he will be talking to KTM this coming week and will let Lance know whats going on.

Posts: 36 | Location: Gig harbor | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
My mistake, i meant no disrespect. That is awesome news, it would be great to see lance have some good support for sx.

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Very cool!!
I havnt seen Lance riding in awhile. Has he been hiding out at some private SX track?

quote:
Originally posted by L28:
Lance and Josh, flew down to Texas for the Munn racing tryouts, Oct 27th and 28th.
Lance made it through both days of cuts.
He was told, they would like him to ride the West Coast, but they need to talk to KTM about bikes, although they would take his bike to all of the races in their Semi, if they were not able to get any more bikes from KTM.
Chip called Lance last week and said he will be talking to KTM this coming week and will let Lance know whats going on.

posted Hide Post
I just want to pass along that Munn Racing has vote for who you want to see on there team. It would be great if some of you could put a vote in for Lance Phillips. I don't know why the voting but would appericate your vote.. Just go to there facebook

Posts: 74 | Location: Gig Harbor | Registered: Wed October 06 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Hey Lance,
Put up a link for voting. We might be able to rally the troops for you!

posted Hide Post

Posts: 74 | Location: Gig Harbor | Registered: Wed October 06 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No i haven't been riding lol iv had a full time job the last year and a half just hit 45 hours on my bike since july of 2011

posted Hide Post
What's up with all the NW guys gettin hurt? Saw a pic of Steffy's wrist looked like a mirror image of another friend Preston Mull. JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
little shot of big John

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
here is some RF love

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jurin and Mike Horban doing A3. Chris Howell and Schmidt also. Meusling getting over ribs might ride SD. Lots of people (riders and teams)upset with SX pay to park for racers latest gouge everyone tactic! JR

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Pay to park???
They are charging you guys for pit parking?

quote:
Originally posted by MX Family:
Jurin and Mike Horban doing A3. Chris Howell and Schmidt also. Meusling getting over ribs might ride SD. Lots of people (riders and teams)upset with SX pay to park for racers latest gouge everyone tactic! JR

posted Hide Post
Yes they charged riders to park at A2! Guy we are staying with went to a few rounds and commented of How Un profesional these races are " rules change at each race!" Erick has hard card and was told he couldn't go down the tunnel to track??
INJURY has been a problem for lots of riders this year. Friend of ours Mike Horban hit his throat last week (at A3 free practice)OK was report from his Dad , but real tough when you(the Dad) are not there and at home waiting for call on how your son is doing!
Should see #536 at SD ribs and knee are good to go! JR

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
The riders need a union. Most every pro sport has one. Just out of curiosity, at the end of the year do pro riders get 1099 forms? How does the tax thing work if you are a pro?

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
I was listening to Genova on Pulpmx I like his idea for the teams to have form a league like the NFL owners group.. Then collectively they could standup to Feld. Might help give the teams a little more longevity which could help the riders in the long run while not putting it all on the riders shoulders to form a union. It would be step in the right direction.

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Paul I believe the riders are considered self employed contractors.

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul
Erick gets a 1099 from most of his racing. JR