Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Billings Montana
 Login/Join

posted
Yes a few of the local?racers are headed over. I looked up their site WOW $12000 up for grabs at a state fair sx race! Called promoter to see if the 24 per class entrys were still open,long way to drive to find no spots open! Nope only 5 in 250, 7 in the 450 class,I see DOLLAR SIGNS!!REALITY CHECK even in Billings they have a ???
Reread fine print $12000 includes amateur trophys,must be expensive awards,pro payout per class is,,,$1200,they do a dash for cash and holeshot dollars,BUT advertise $12,000 and pay $1200 is a little bait and switch for this Chicago kid. Will chat with Blair/Lacey when they get back. JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I see "Billings MT" and I think back to 1965 and Lame Deer MT and time spent on Da-Res. Twas good back then, sad to hear of Bait-N-Switch (maybe) even if not in but near by a-hood.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KW
Traveling along with Lacey/Blair via facebook.Very curious on how these trips work out. Weigh stay home work vs travel @$4.00/gal, entry $75.
Side thoughts on Tommy Weecks from this weekend. Talked with father of guy traveling with Tommy,who is down in SoCal. Thought is to do Southwick,problem is $$$. After Weecks doing so well at the Washougal race you might think he would be set for the rest of the season,problem more riders then dollars from sponsors. As of Sunday dad wasn't sure if they were going or not. JR

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Should be a great event! Lots of fast local peeps gonna be there...maybe even a Gray Davenport or Tanner Reidman..bring your "A" game!

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lacey/Blair on facebook makes interesting reading. Blair should be VERY HUNGRY after a Mt. ticket cuts into profit margin. Lacey did not have the best of weekends at Washougal so should also should be in a "want to win" mode! JR

Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Siebler won the 450's and Lacey won the 250's...dash for cash went to Blair.

Heard there was some bar bangin!

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for info! Been checking the Blair report on facebook but not much there.Looked at a tube vid from last year and would LOTS of hitting! JR

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
MX Family
I've been "wrapped-the-axel" (ole timer slang) about 3x times worth about the US FEDs QE events (Quantitative-Easing). QE1 I'm ok with QE2 ok-maybe but adding in another (QE3) and I'm bouncing-off-my-chair. Many thanks...appreciate yer report.

As an-ole-guy I tend to watch $Gas prices locally-n-not as in how much $money will it cost me to go here-or-there. I believe in keeping it "simple" $Gas is my big expense. I may be old but not so as to appreciate "sharing-da-ride". Pros know this term.

I watch $Gas prices because they are for me the best (local) indicator of rider attendance. $High Gas..Low Attendance. Low $Gas better attendance. Travel Routs matter. I tend to plan-out my travel routes. Gas here and Food there and about nutt'n else. I have a destination and Google-Maps provides the route. Shortest. Life's good.

Good to read you hooking up with Lacy and Blair even if by Facebook (argh-i-hate-facebook) for real-world-$costing-issues. Good to know old information still counts even when it's down to just $penneys-N-cents.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
tommy is going to race a gp in germany

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post