Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lakewood
 Login/Join

posted
Skipped Tx.but looking to see if anyone from up here/there is headed to Co.and has room for a bike? Looking to fly as have a work thing. Post or call if interested JR
503-981-5090

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
I have a house near there but that helps you about as much as it helps me.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We/I had a plan at Hangtown of sending bike with Gus Decker,but bike issue,and rider issue.So now in the last minute how to get there issue! Boy do I have ISSUES!!! JR

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty good results for us. 25th in second moto overcame the 5 yes five times on the dirt moto one. Saw Ivey was there but never caught up to chat.
WEATHER WAS VERY INTENSE
causing a hour delay for start of moto 1. Banners,and anything else not tighed dowm went flying. Surprize that it was NOT a mud race given the rain shower,but much more show(Thunder/lightning) then real rain.
Sorry to hear about the Warton shoulder.
Interesting to see all the 250 riders start in 1st gear even with the lower gearing.
2675 mile weekend for us(Woodburn,Ore.) $.50/gal lower fuel price was nice in Wy. JR

Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Hey JR! Congrats on the good ride!
Did he talk about the bike feeling slower? Theres always alot of talk about high elevation and slow bikes at that race.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EW
Yes bikes are slower. Adding a tooth helps some.Uphill start has most riders doing 1st gear start,AND DON"T SHIFT EARLY. Most run pump gas to avoid fuel boiling we did NOT. We went a few years back with a carb bike and world of difference,MUCH EASIER with FI. We learned a lot by going to Salt lake as to what helps with biike setup. JR