Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BC MX racing OT style
 Login/Join

posted
Got to do a race in BC this last weekend at AGAZZI ,near Harrison Hot Springs. Very beautiful country. Neat track for older riders,no real doubles. Track has a deer crossing sign which I founnnnnd out was not a joke. In a race on Sunday I went for a 40'table top and a deer also went for the same jump. It was jumpling across the jump( doing a Windham SX ) while I was following track. Deer had better reaction times so cleared jump ahead of me. Funny thing ,track dose a 180 turn(I DID NOT DO A JS7) and deer sees all the pit activity so also dose a 180. Again it has better traction control and crosses ahead of me aaaaaaaaaagain. Deer 2 JR 0 I was still very happy with the results.
If you older guys get the chance the BCOT race is a lot of fun. One guy from Oregon RACED!! at 86 years young!! JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx298
posted Hide Post
JR, It had to have been wet? I just poured here and I am just 40 miles south. Thats kinda why I stayed away. It is a great track, We ride it alot.

Posts: 64 | Location: North | Registered: Wed August 31 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rained some Friday night. Sat. 1st moto was a mudder,but way more rideable then Washougal. Second moto was pretty good with some slippery corners. Third moto was perfect. We do dinner at these events. At 5PM we got word that a storm was headed our way from Chillawack. The report was only half right. It really STORMED very high winds,heavy rain, Thunder! Storm only lasted about 1 hour. Track had been preped for Sunday and crew did OUTSTANDING JOB of Walking-Packing in prep of possible rain.
Sunday was better then Sat as we had no rain after the afternoon storm on Sat. Overall club did a great job with this race,sadly many riders stayed away because of weather reports. Rider count was in the low 60's club races with those numbers can't continue,loss of $5000 over the weekend takes a toll on having these races. JR

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx298
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it was not a mudder. I agree that clubs are struggling. $7000 bike, $1000 worth of gear, fuel $4.00 a gallon, $40 membership (oldtmers), $100 entry fee. Crappy economy. I have to pick an choose where I spend my money. Got two sons that ride, so I can go up this Sunday to Agassiz and ride a practice day with them for $60 total. we ride a lot of private tracks now. It's just how things are.

Posts: 64 | Location: North | Registered: Wed August 31 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spend a lot of time talking at races. Promoters and racers talk about ways to get more riders at races.VERY catch 22,fast guys don't come because of nobody to race with. Prices keep going up because overall numbers keep going down while fixed cost increase. Most riders no longer have the disposable income they had 5 years ago.
We know the problem but not the solution. JR

posted Hide Post
I have one Idea. Don't vote for Progressive/communists. Vote for people that won't ass kiss by spending our money to get votes and will actually do the hard thing and stop spending our econmoy deeper into this shit hole. Then people will have jobs and money to spend as they see fit.

Sorry! I couldn't help myself. I know that idea will fix the low turnout but it's more important for politicians to destroy America vis spending, than making sure people have jobs and money.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
JR, are you going to be at Washougal?

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ted
I try to not be political,BUT. Tax issues seem to go on forever. I now have my very own personal IRS agent(I think you get one of these if you made it through this lasr recession). Very much left hand has no clue what right hand is doing.
Arron
IF KID would only have a plan!! We are// were going to Red Bud,Millville,Washougal,but as of now I don't know ,because HE IS NOT SURE!! JR

posted Hide Post
Arron
Looks like I will be doing the Oregon OT race at Washougal.Oldest son now 40+ so kinda a kick to do some of these together.JR

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
See you tomorrow JR!

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aaron. What did you end up with. You had some great finishes on Sat.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ted. I had a fourth in moto 4, and won moto 5. Wasn't too comfortable when it was greasy in the mornings, but managed to win all 3 motos on blue groove.

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Missed the O/A by one point, ended up second.