Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ca. WOW!
 Login/Join

posted
We all LOVE living up here,BUT! Going south for practice is,,,helpful. Spent a week in sunshine,after the race at Hangtown. Saw Nick Schmidt,also Weeck,Urquart(HE REALLY NEEDS A EASIER NAME TO SPELL).Watched as close to half the riders from AMA nationals were at the three tracks we went to .Something special when you get to park next to Izzy,Stewart(M),Pourcell,the name dropping goes on! Funniest part of the week was at Milestone,get there early,unload,and see #377 Yam. parked a couple spots down. Walk over to two guys waiting for rider to show up. One of the guys is friend from Warthog days,Nauditt's old Mech. Norgie has landed a job as pourcells mech.,we chat and not wanting to be rude I ask the guy with him WHO ARE YOU?" He says my name is "DAVID", my reply to the dude with the french accent is "David who?"He goes on the tell me his name is Vilumen,and I admit to being really old and we both see the humor in the situation.
Money is so tight that the 10th finisher in West Coast SX didn't make the trip to Tx after a top 20 finish at Hangtown,Ben Evans and I talked about the hardships of Pro racing in a world of $4.50 diesel!! JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post