E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Racing  Hop To Forums  Local boys on the road    Watching SX practice DANGERIOUS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watching SX practice DANGERIOUS
 Login/Join

posted
Milestone SX practice had a non-rider injury. One of the SX class riders went off a burm and sadly someone was at the wrong place at the wrong time,sounded very serious.JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
The track has somewhat limited access. I'm guessing this musta been just west of the starting line..over by the fenced panel wall, the west side of track?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KW
I am home home so just passing stuff from southland. They do keep changing the SX track,diff from when I was there last year,one of the changes was more open to anyone to walk in and watch. Seems like maybe not the best idea.
Did hear Kevin Urquart(hope spelling is at least close) was there yesterday in gear so would think he was riding?JR

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
JR
2012 Milestone was laid out in a North-to-South grid fashion. Ole-Timers, General Riding, and SX tracks were the hot ticket this past Jan. SX track had 4x8 paneled walls on West-n-East fence lines. North fence appeared to just that-n-trees. Starting gate was on South end of the grid facing North and pretty much open to public. 2x places a spectator might-a got hurt the southern 2x corners of the otherwise square box that defined the Milestones SX track. Timing had to be perfect in the South East corner (where I watched from and where there was a wicked stepup-to-tabletop-stepdown-into-180-high-banked-sweeper-into-8x or so SX Whoops section. The highbank-180-Sweeper mighta measured 7' vertical at highest point and mostly all way round. Track monitors requested I restrict my distance from the track. Easy enough to do as I know to watch my back for oncoming traffic on any motocross track. Lananovich and TroyLee riders were making rounds when I was watching. KW was apparently there a few days earlier. Jan 3 or so.

Google Maps Satellite View of Milestone.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does this mean there are two KW's ???Sitting in jet at Sea..airport looking for pilot who got lost after flying in from Los V. Adds confidence to all us passengers. JR

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
(Big Grins JR) .. No there's only one KW as far as I know and he resides somewhere down-south-way Kevin Windham. If your up here in Gods Country land-o-subways-n-winter-riding then k.yayus?stubs might be a better fit for my name k.workman translated into Native speak, KW into English.