Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is motocross officially dead?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I look at what is happening in europe, and moto is going more offroad (many mx guys cannot ride offroad for some reason).
Remember when the pw50 filled the start lines? Look at the beginner classes! When all the current riders get older, who is coming up? Where do the older guys go when they dont wanna clear triples anymore?

Posts: 83 | Location: brush prarie | Registered: Sat March 05 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
saddle time...lack of.
injuries
over the top fuel costs and entry fees
we are done

Posts: 289 | Location: lk stevens | Registered: Mon November 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does not help the cause when you take the time to go to a race and watch half the racers leave on a Saturday after racing because they think it will rain on Sunday. This is what happened at Straddleline last weekend.

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at what happens for a 1st time racer. If they show up they are challenged by the track. Some can't make it all the way around. Dad has to pay the same amount for his kid to race as a big bike. Brothers and sisters have to pay 10 bucks to get in for the kids 4 laps of track time. It can cost a family with 2 kids and a dad that races with mom 80 bucks in gate fee, 90 bucks per day for 3 classes and if you want a decent amount of time on the track each person needs to race 2 classes. How's the math? $440 so far..... Now the motorhome needs gas $200 and you gotta eat $ 150 $790 for a close to home race! Last year we paid this much and got a 3 lap moto under good weather at Burnt ridge for the big bikes! When I complained I was told by a Person that "They didn't want to be there all day" WTF??? No family discount or $ off for a 2nd class. Not that long ago I could take my small kids to SIR and for 20 bucks including gate they could ride on a track for little kids until they were so tired they would sleep all the way home. Here is an Idea!!! Have a 20 minute moto or longer? kids ride 1 class on 1 bike and go home tired. No need for a 2nd class racing the same people. Have 1 $10 gate fee for the weekend instead of paying concert prices to see lil johnny race. The promoters might also benefit if they changed the track once in a while? Run it backwards or just plain get off your ass and do some work. I went to Ward Creek last month and thought it was 1987! The track was almost the same! I think MX can survive in Western Washington but only if the owners of some of these tracks change their thinking. Without starting from the bottom with mini's and changing things up. They are digging there own graves.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: joe malich,

Posts: 2 | Location: 1 | Registered: Sat November 27 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Free Wednesday Practice
Free camping at the event
Free water for your Rv
Free event programs
Free 2013 event stickers
Free mountain bike race
Free adventure hike for a bike(win a motorcycle)
Free fashion show with free raffle ticket drawling
More free activities all week long

This is from AMP Dodge National this week in Ca.

Long motos and free stuff? It might be a trend?

Posts: 2 | Location: 1 | Registered: Sat November 27 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
You got a bonus all body mud bath this weekend with each moto at Pacific. I got mud where I didn't think mud could get to.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post