New
Find
Notify
Tools

PRO round 1 Horn Rapids
 Login/Join

Picture of E.W. #849
posted
#61 Vince Monzula from Ancorage Alaska was down here and needed some seat time before the weekend. I had the wild idea to take my 450 for a spin. Afer a day of motoing at Danny Brockers track, I remembered how to ride again and got the beast ready for the weekend.
That was the 3rd time I rode my 450 since a race in September. Im in phenomenal "couch shape" right now. Ive got a good 3 laps in me. After that, its all down hill. I havn't rode Horn in over 2 years...... excuces...excuses...
After a good 3 lap practice, I was dailed. NOT!

30+ A class first moto ended as fast as it started. Ripped a good start. Front end washed out. On the ground I went. Played catchup then stalled it. Goon status! I havnt been that pissed after a moto in along time.

Moto 2 was redemption time. I got a 3rd place start behind Wes Parker and Ryan Hufman. Hufman was the wise ol' man all weekend. I knew the track was rough and I had to latch on to him and learn his lines fast. I only have 3 laps in fine training program. With a little bumping with Parker. Hufman was already in the leading and I had to hammer down and make the pass. I held with Hufman for 2 laps. (I think it was 2 laps?) But it was enough time to learn his lines. Rory Sulivan was on my tail next. I didn't give up a fight for Rory. I just wanted to latch on too a faster rider and put it on cruise mode. I ended up 3rd that moto. That made my very unhappy 1st moto level out.

I very seldom race now days. I really can't risk getting wadded up. My life revolves around motocross though. Its in my blood like a sickness that will never leave! Its always great to see a ride dig down deep and race with his heart.

There was so much action. Its hard to remember it all.
-Chris Howell is a changed rider. Ive never seen him ride this good.

-Erik Musling winning the first 250 pro moto. I thought he was going to checkout all weekend but he got wadded up. BUMMER he looked awesome.

-Ryan Hufman is the wise ol' man. In shape and getting ready for Hangtown.

-Noah McConhay's time will come. He looked very good but ended up on the ground.

-Yah-tsheng Moua on the YZ250 two stroker. That boy has smoothed out! In control and a man on a mission.

Man O man.... the list goes on.........

A great day at the races for sure!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
How SCARY was the track by the end of the day sunday? Place got gnarly.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
End of Sunday? I was thinking, beginning of Saturday! Great track, I just havn't had the 450 out of 2nd gear in along time. Im still on arenacross mode.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
HAHA Yeah thats where I was at too. The speed was hard on me for sure.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any results posted yet?

-Jerry

Posts: 15 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue March 23 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Jerry,
That #627 was on the gas!!!
Much different rider than last year!

quote:
Originally posted by gmoney1234:
Any results posted yet?

-Jerry

posted Hide Post
Track was rough in all the right places though. Not a single jump had even a hint of a kicker on it. That made it more fun than a big ass curb on every jump lip.
I hope the 1,000 plus entries had enough fun to show up at the next one.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E.W. #849:
#61 Vince Monzula from Ancorage Alaska was down here and needed some seat time before the weekend. I had the wild idea to take my 450 for a spin. Afer a day of motoing at Danny Brockers track, I remembered how to ride again and got the beast ready for the weekend.
That was the 3rd time I rode my 450 since a race in September. Im in phenomenal "couch shape" right now. Ive got a good 3 laps in me. After that, its all down hill. I havn't rode Horn in over 2 years...... excuces...excuses...
After a good 3 lap practice, I was dailed. NOT!

30+ A class first moto ended as fast as it started. Ripped a good start. Front end washed out. On the ground I went. Played catchup then stalled it. Goon status! I havnt been that pissed after a moto in along time.

Moto 2 was redemption time. I got a 3rd place start behind Wes Parker and Ryan Hufman. Hufman was the wise ol' man all weekend. I knew the track was rough and I had to latch on to him and learn his lines fast. I only have 3 laps in fine training program. With a little bumping with Parker. Hufman was already in the leading and I had to hammer down and make the pass. I held with Hufman for 2 laps. (I think it was 2 laps?) But it was enough time to learn his lines. Rory Sulivan was on my tail next. I didn't give up a fight for Rory. I just wanted to latch on too a faster rider and put it on cruise mode. I ended up 3rd that moto. That made my very unhappy 1st moto level out.

I very seldom race now days. I really can't risk getting wadded up. My life revolves around motocross though. Its in my blood like a sickness that will never leave! Its always great to see a ride dig down deep and race with his heart.

There was so much action. Its hard to remember it all.
-Chris Howell is a changed rider. Ive never seen him ride this good.

-Erik Musling winning the first 250 pro moto. I thought he was going to checkout all weekend but he got wadded up. BUMMER he looked awesome.

-Ryan Hufman is the wise ol' man. In shape and getting ready for Hangtown.

-Noah McConhay's time will come. He looked very good but ended up on the ground.

-Yah-tsheng Moua on the YZ250 two stroker. That boy has smoothed out! In control and a man on a mission.

Man O man.... the list goes on.........

A great day at the races for sure!

hahaha thats too funny. I can almost picture everything ...

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post