E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Racing  Hop To Forums  P.R.O. Northwest National MX Series    Pacific Racing Org Albany June 5th and 6th
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pacific Racing Org Albany June 5th and 6th
 Login/Join

posted
Weather report shows perfect racing weather.
65 to 71 degrees with a chance of passing showers on Saturday. Even if we do get a shower, it's warm enough that it won't be sloppy. Sunday looks even better.
The weather reports are getting better each day I look. It may end up being like Spokane. PERFECT!

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
a passing shower or 2 does sound a whole lot better then 104deg like Portland last year.

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Ted,

Why go so far South with P.R.O.? That's a 4.5 hour commute from Gods country (N. Bend WA.) and I know ...it's 3.5 for you so WHY!!!

Is P.R.O. heading south? Aint you heard about Global Warming?...It's all moving North. Heck even _Steve said the sun was a-rising early these days and he should know. Royal City WA.

Nutt'n but rain over here for us Westies and early sun for the _Steves of the world.

Albany ha?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought maybe I would get to meet the face behind the computer but alas couldn't find you anywhere down at Albany. Lots of reasons to come down here = tracks and promoters are "partnering up" to try to figure out how to make it threw these hard times. Washougal is into doing their own thing running only Washougal series exceptions are one OT race and Top Gun even normal races there are non AMA this year. PIR has a mind set their dirt is PRICELESS and keep increasing their costs.
Albany Sat was great given the rain we had all week up to Friday noon,stopped and Ted did a really great job puttin together a track most of the riders liked. His riders(Teds) are used to his style of track building,lipped jump faces,we don't see that so much here so took some getting used to.Turnout was above 300,GREAT for us in todays market but Ted thought 100 short of his goal.Sorta kinda close when you compare the drive over to Niarada Mont. last week =10 hr each way. JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Brian Barns terms, Saturday was EPIC. Perfect! 75 Degrees with 30 weeks of moisture. killer rutts in every corner where you wheely to the next corner. How about that ultra techink left hander with 6 ruts. Sunday it didn't rain all night as dumbass weather man predicted. But started drizziling 30 min before practice. Albany is great in the rain because it never gets non raceable it just gets sloppy on top. On Sunday we ran double length motos and were done by 2:30. Even the 50cc had no problem running the whole track. Everyone who didn't show up you missed out. Albany is a really fun track. The Leaches let me build some of the sweetest floater jumps you will ever float on in your life. Bob Leach let me blend the Cycle Country jump into a sloping down hill 100 foot belly button giggle jump. Thanks Bob, I've always wanted to fix that Sketch jump.
The Leach Family was great to work with and deserve your full support. Luv you people that weren't wimped out about the weather report.
Lost money but P.R.O. customer had some beautiful fun. Moto wives had no Montana Man to have drama with. Luv all you Moto Mom's. You cook a mean Hot dog.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
yes Ted the track was killer saturday.Your floaters took a few laps for me to get used too.
Sunday i just couldn't muster up the nuts to hit them like i did on saturday.As it turns out i didnt need to since 1/2 the 40+ class skipped out.

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
I hear Ted needs some glasses???
Cant tell a white flag from a checkered flag???
Come on Ted, running over girls on the track!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya what a turd I was. The flagging stand is 15 feet above the track so no one can see the white flag (it's actually not white with the dirt on it) There are 2 fast girls behind me so I'm trying to stay out of their way and as I go by the checker flag, the Girl in front of me crosses the finish line at walking speed and veers right as I'm going by on the right. I clip her handle bar and I'm now a turd.

The lesson here is, do not cross the finish line at way below race speed because as seen at Washougal many times there are people going race speed behind you and they don't expect to approach slow moving vehicles at a race.
Lesson 2. Watch out for slow moving vehicles at a race.
I hope #82 is good to go for the next race.

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Ted, dude.

I found some really old gear, am shipping it down to Garrett for Name-N-Numbers for PRO round 8-9. Might even have to toss new tires on the red wonder machine for ultimate ole-timer-grip. I'm thinking Bridgestones and Subway.

Word on-the-street is that come June 19-20 it's dress ole-timer weekend. I got stuff how about you. Any Maico threads laying around?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted:
In Brian Barns terms, Saturday was EPIC. Perfect! 75 Degrees with 30 weeks of moisture. killer rutts in every corner where you wheely to the next corner. How about that ultra techink left hander with 6 ruts. Sunday it didn't rain all night as dumbass weather man predicted. But started drizziling 30 min before practice. Albany is great in the rain because it never gets non raceable it just gets sloppy on top. On Sunday we ran double length motos and were done by 2:30. Even the 50cc had no problem running the whole track. Everyone who didn't show up you missed out. Albany is a really fun track. The Leaches let me build some of the sweetest floater jumps you will ever float on in your life. Bob Leach let me blend the Cycle Country jump into a sloping down hill 100 foot belly button giggle jump. Thanks Bob, I've always wanted to fix that Sketch jump.
The Leach Family was great to work with and deserve your full support. Luv you people that weren't wimped out about the weather report.
Lost money but P.R.O. customer had some beautiful fun. Moto wives had no Montana Man to have drama with. Luv all you Moto Mom's. You cook a mean Hot dog.
maybe between the weather AND the fact you have 3 races in 1 month with 1 week in between them is good reason for the low turn out.we can ride in the mud anytime with the way this year has been. im tired of the fu**ing rain!!!!!

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
I agree with Sharkey. I would like to see a bit more spacing in between rounds.one time is ok but 3 it draining the wallet.....

#329 40+ class

Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Workman #21:
Any Maico threads laying around?

I could make one Smile

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sharkey it was 2 weeks between events not one week but I agree. It's too close together. I'm working on the 2011 schedule now. We will have to go into July if we spread it out more.
Any Thoughts? You're the Customers.

Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
http://www.pacificracingmx.com/schedule10.html ted maybe you do need those new glasses.the first two were spread out two weeks , them a 2 month off period, then i see only 1 week in between the last 3 races. how about some closer tracks, burnt ridge, port angeles etc. just an idea. we didnt race this year because it was slow at work for months and i got laid of for awhile, but those last 3 might have been tough

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
I know of a couple places we could have some outlaw scrambles lol. double points rounds, triple points for out-running the Sheriffs?

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
I am good for 2 rounds every 3 or 4 weeks. As far as tracks I have always wanted to ride Ward Creek....I would like to see what you would do Ted to Burnt Ridge also.

#329 40+ class

posted Hide Post
Ok. I have my 250 magnifying glasses on and our last 3 events were each 2 weeks apart. Even so I agree they are to close together. You would not believe how hard it is to schedule with all the other tracks we go to and try and dodge all the qualifiers, Vegas SX, Seattle SX, Vegas ripoff race Texas Mothers day ect ect.

Garrett and I drove down and had a meeting with Burnt Ridge and as strange as it may sound, they didn't even get back to us.

Ward Creek just isn't viable. Great track but they have no water to even wash your hands let alone water the track.

P.I.R. raised their rate another $1,000 from the previous year. $14,000 for track rental and all the other additional expenses put it out of reach.

We Love OPMC and the people that run it but it makes for a very very long drive for a lot of the east side racers.

Right now P.R.O. goes to what we consider the best tracks in the northwest to put on the size of events that we do.

We will work on a little more gap between the last few rounds for all you great customers.

Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
sounds good Ted. Maybe Cadillac Ranch will have there s**t together in time for next year.

#329 40+ class