New
Find
Notify
Tools

No reports from the PRO Opener?
 Login/Join

Picture of Vetmx808
posted
Had a friend go down and race the 450 Pro class (Jesse Karr), said that they sent a lot of pro's to the hospital on Sunday??? Frown Bummer...

Was it the track or just peeps going berserker since it was the first race of the year?

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pros tend to be a little beserk by nature, i heard it was a great time! Rookstool had no issues

Posts: 83 | Location: brush prarie | Registered: Sat March 05 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know about anyone else but I wadded my brains out on Sunday. Only made four laps when my hand slipped off the bars landing off a small double and went off the next jump sideways then backwards! Called it a day with sore wrist, ribs and lower back. Track was good. Slower and rougher than normal.

I said hi to Jesse on the line, did he get his pro card for AMA yet? Post the montana race schedule and tell us about the tracks again...last time I raced there was in '82 and would love to race over in big sky country sometime.

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Heard Miles Warren (#421 in the pro class) had a pretty hard get off. Never like to hear things like that. Hope he and everyone else is doing ok. Let's hear about some racing action people!!

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
I had to work all weekend. Sunday I was stuck at open house it had to be heavenly out there...somebody tell us some storys!!!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Bummer Lance...glad to here you made it out relatively unscathed. Old guys don't bounce, we just "splat" these days...

Check out www.montanamotocross.com lots of racing action in Montana. We have a new series called the Big Sky MX Challenge too. You can find the link under the above web site. If you can make it over, I would suggest the Helena or Bozeman races. Best tracks in the State in my opinion.

Yeah, Jesse is trying to find some races to get points for his Card. He may be moving to Cali in April to try and get something going...

PM me if you plan on heading in this direction for a race.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Yes! Lets hear about some action too! Abrigo won a few moto's in the pro class I heard, Intermediates? Vet guys?

posted Hide Post
RESULTS
I went to a OTMX race in Ca. around Fresno this past weekend. I am in my mid 60's.
Old as I am with a I-Pad the guys back home got Sat results. On sunday posted overall class results. Sent my wife at home Video feed of kids racing. POINT is if this really old guy can get results posted why dose it take so long for us to get results from a race as IMPORTANT AS THIS??? JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miles Warren was the only pro that went to the hospital. Lance and one other pro took spills that sidlined them but they both stayed around and enjoyed the racing even though both were undoubtedly in pain.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We will have the results posted on Wed.
I got an e-mail from Ray at HRMC and he said he groomed the track on Monday in 60mph winds. He had to ware goggles the whole time and said he sometimes could not see 10 feet in front of the dozer because there was so much dirt in the air. He said the last time he had been in wind this brutal was in Saudi Arabia while in the Army.
I'm thanking God again for the great weekend He provided us and amazed by the very small window of perfect racing weather that was provided to us.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miles was on our baja team at last years 1000. At route mile 90 he went over the bars at a very high rate of speed. Other than a 1000 or so cactus quills in his ass, he was good to go! The bike on the other hand was trashed! Hope he i doing better, i saw somewhere about a fund raiser for him in the olympia area, this weekend?

Posts: 83 | Location: brush prarie | Registered: Sat March 05 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Awesome turn out Ted! Haven't seen a race anywhere with numbers like that in years.

http://pacificracingmx.com/results.html

posted Hide Post
You need to make a road trip with your buddies to the next round at HORN. March 31st.

Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Would love too! I need to gather some guys up and see if we can make another trip down...after the trip home last time, they might be a bit gun shy to drive over again.

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
We are planning on going, weather permitting of course.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post