E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Racing  Hop To Forums  P.R.O. Northwest National MX Series    Advancement within the P.R.O. Series?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advancement within the P.R.O. Series?
 Login/Join

Picture of Vetmx808
posted
Ted or someone, could you tell me how it works? I was looking at the results and no one was advanced? We are struggling with riders "sandbagging" and waiting at the finish line so they don't get their moto wins in order to advance.

Our sanctioning body used a 2 moto win and 150 or 250 points (depending on the class) advancement system. This year it failed horribly and we need to do something different.

Any advice would be great...

Thanks,

Jason - Montana Guy

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
I know up at hannegans raceway .They take the amount of races and divide it into your total points at the end of the year.If that equals i think its 14.You will be moved up.For example.....I used to run the beginer class there along with my 40+C. Last year i only ran it about 6 out of the 17 races.Yet i dont think i did worst then 6th or so.I cant remember....But anyway i got moved up and didnt even have the required min. races for points.That said there is no way your getting my 40+ butt out in the kids JR class. It seems to work good..

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ..::MOTOX155::..
posted Hide Post
We are working on a good scenerio for advancements in 2010. I will keep you posted once we have something set.

Posts: 214 | Location: Washington | Registered: Mon August 23 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks...

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right now we have it set up so that if you get top 3 in the series final points, you must move up. We are also one of the only promoters that watch the motos and if there is a rider or riders that are smoking the rest of the class at the first few series races we move them up. We do all we can to be fair with all the riders.
There are however riders like Conner Elliot that was not in the top 5 at the start of the season they by May he was on fire. (Of course that was right after DeVol Engineering did his suspension)(Shameless plug) But by the end of the year he was the guy to beat. And now Conner has one National title and is working on one at Loretta's. This kid has something going on in the learning curve area.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Ted is that the series final before throwing out races? If it is after the throw out that's not fair as placing in the series is more a war of attrition. It should be based on average overall position, much like the AMA.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ted, here is somthing else to chew on Ryan did the whole series, but since he decided to move up on his own he lost all his points. If you move him up for sandbagging he transfers half points, but if he moves himself he loses everything?

Posts: 220 | Location: ellensburg wa | Registered: Tue May 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
That is interesting...

Also, do you guys let your riders do "exhibition" only, meaning no points no score, but make the rider still pay for the class. This is big in Montana right now...

Picture of Ivest4
posted Hide Post
I think the crew at PRO does a great job at advancement except for the points system. There shouldn't be any points tossed out in my opinion. Like Paul said it's a war of attrition. I lost one championship last year by 2 points even though I won most of the races.??

Posts: 388 | Location: Arlington | Registered: Tue January 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I don't mind the points being thrown out, it can save some money to skip two races.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont know any promoter who does a race series that doesnt do it that way.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ivest4
posted Hide Post
I don't. The AMA doesn't??

Posts: 388 | Location: Arlington | Registered: Tue January 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ivest4:
I think the crew at PRO does a great job at advancement except for the points system. There shouldn't be any points tossed out in my opinion. Like Paul said it's a war of attrition. I lost one championship last year by 2 points even though I won most of the races.??
what series were you racing clarence? the results show you won no races but had some seconds

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ivest4:
I don't. The AMA doesn't??

Okay let me restate that. I dont know any local promoters who do a race series that doesnt do it that way.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pacific Northwest Championship is a five race series and you must race all five to qualify, and no races are thrown out.
On another note if what dave s say's is true that sounds backwards to me. If you move yourself up then you should keep some points, if you get moved for sandbagging then you should lose them.

Posts: 139 | Location: West Richland | Registered: Mon December 26 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what happened to the good ole' days. when racing was racing, and the whineing was left to the parents in the pits, before there where "forums". ted, garret, royce and devol racing. the races i went to this year where great and you all do a good job. keep it up, dont change a thing

Posts: 12 | Location: lake tapps | Registered: Wed July 01 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 850:
what happened to the good ole' days. when racing was racing, and the whineing was left to the parents in the pits, before there where "forums". ted, garret, royce and devol racing. the races i went to this year where great and you all do a good job. keep it up, dont change a thing

first of all 850 I am a parent so my job is to whine. second of all I am not saying that P.R.O.
doesn't do a great job, they do. That is my point, I spent alot of money going to every race. I realize moving in the middle of a series is not the norm but after spending the money it sucks to be taken out of the series. But you know what, I will be at the next P.R.O. race because it is a gret series. I am just giving feedback

Posts: 220 | Location: ellensburg wa | Registered: Tue May 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave s:
Ted, here is somthing else to chew on Ryan did the whole series, but since he decided to move up on his own he lost all his points. If you move him up for sandbagging he transfers half points, but if he moves himself he loses everything?

I think you have a very valid point. This should be equal. If either situation happens you either give no points or half the points. I don't see a difference here...

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
What about a mid-pack class? I race the 30i and 40i classes and no matter where I start I consistantly finish midpack... So for example if there where twelve riders in my class and i finished 7th i would get a shiney plastic 1st place mid-pack trophy!! We need more CHANGE to make it more Fair!!!! It could be called- Obamas hard charger award¿? L O F L!!!!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post