Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TOP GUN SEPTEMBER 4,5,6
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Washougal track manager doesn't like the track that direction and is planning on turning it back the old way. What does everyone think one one way or the other?

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Backwards track was not too bad. We had four riders in our camp that came down for the practice 2 weeks before and rode the other direction. They all thought it flowed better the original direction. Kids are kinda like old people and dislike change though Smile.

I kind of liked it backwards, and the whoops/rhythm section was pretty cool too. I guess I am saying both ways are pretty cool. Running it backwards does take away the home field advantage for some of the locals and evens it up a bit for people who only get down a couple times a year.

PRO ran a great race this year and we had a lot of fun. Thanks to all of you.

Posts: 145 | Location: Puyallup, WA | Registered: Tue March 29 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
Wasn't able to double into the whoops the other direction, way funner for me Ted.

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of James88
posted Hide Post
my thought is that the track was ok but didnt flow for me really well, washougal isnt the same with out the up hill.All said good weekend

Posts: 24 | Location: Bremerton | Registered: Thu January 29 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
i thought the track they had for the national was cool. no offence ted but i hated it. it flows alot better the other way.

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Horsepower Hill and the Road Jump Booter are my favorite parts of the track. Backwards is OK but I like the regular way better.

Posts: 3 | Location: Lake Stevens | Registered: Thu November 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rad_mxer317
posted Hide Post
rode there last saturday and ted your track was way better!

Posts: 1034 | Location: TUMWATER | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love it backwards....I like it regular too, but for some reason going the opposite way I seem to do better. I know I had a great time...I loved the shicane around the tree on the down hill..

Posts: 78 | Location: Ravensdale | Registered: Mon April 10 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TOP GUN Weather looks perfect with 75 degrees and Sunny. Really need all the rider we can get. It takes over 500 riders to break even.
Don't expect anything but the most fun you will have all year at the races.
Yes we are running the track the old way!

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
Ted washougal backwards is a nightmare. If it was run with horsepower hill cut in half some how that would be the best thing. It is just not safe to put a tree on the inside of a turn on the hill or run us wide open down it is just dangerous. It is doable but needs extra time to make it happen the right way. Glad to see it will be run the right direction. Now if we could just get the race cut down to two days we would have a great weekend on our hands.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted:
TOP GUN Information Packets have been sent out to the shops and others that want to put teams together. If you want a Team Packet sent to you just give us a call at 360-825-2106.

This years theme for the GOON NATIONAL is "DISCO".

If you rode the National track, the TOP GUN track will have better flow, more race lines and more fun and friendly jumps.
we will see. please no going around trees and backwards crap. the track flows fine

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
Remember to keep the "Moth Boxing" tradition alive!!!!

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there are some sections that could really work well if they are backwards, and some that dont work so well. i think ted only had 1 day last year to switch it up, it could work with the chance to dial it in. have studied the place alot, and there is so much oppritunity to have some of it backwards, and some of it the mormal way with minimal work. the sheer size of that place sure makes it an awesome venue

Posts: 83 | Location: brush prarie | Registered: Sat March 05 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last time we went the opposite way we did all the work neccessary to make it work. Jump angle and landings were perfect. Some people just don't like changes. Some people are board to death riding on the same track for 30 years.
Anyone that says it's not as raceable going the opposite way is wrong.

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I hope you guys get a record turnout!

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted:
The last time we went the opposite way we did all the work neccessary to make it work. Jump angle and landings were perfect. Some people just don't like changes. Some people are board to death riding on the same track for 30 years.
Anyone that says it's not as raceable going the opposite way is wrong.
sorry but going around that tree was GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Ted, please keep the track 10 feet from any trees. Sharkey likes to stop and talk to them.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that a gay tree Sharkey is fondling?

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's the tree thats gay....

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post