New
Find
Notify
Tools

to race or not to race
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul 061
posted
So I have a philisophical problem. The P.R.O. series starts March 6th. I have a family vacation to Europe going through the 3rd and 4th rounds. If I race the the first rounds and get hurt and screw up my families dream European vacation I will never forgive myself. If I don't race I ruin the series. Is it possible to race conservative enough to not get hurt but still get points? Race or not?

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i think if your worried about getting hurt racing u probibly shouldnt race, but i also think that you can just ride easy and get some points, then when you get back from va ca go balls out.

Posts: 91 | Location: TOES | Registered: Fri December 11 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Paul so are you saying that you are a Liberal but you really want to try to be a Conservative or are you just making excuses for when we line up at Horn? lol

I promise if I am ahead of you on the last lap I will pull over and let you by for the points.. lmao

Maybe you should just stay home play it safe and go ride your quad! lmfao

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TRA-742,

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
Since you may be racing in my class i say dont race....haha

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
Paul I think you should just get the clubs out and get them ready.......LMAO just go golfing instead!

Posts: 148 | Location: Glendale, Ca | Registered: Sat February 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I have been golfing a bit, even bought a new driver :-)

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 716
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous that your going on vacation so I will probably take you out at the first round "just because".

Hope this helps.

Posts: 202 | Location: Cle Elum, WA USA | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
That's a good idea 716...then we could go in his place! Hmmmmmmm....I might have to drive down from Montana. Smile

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
haha you guys outta be careful of what you wish for. You'd be spending 10 days with my wife and 16 and 17 year old daughters.

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 716:
I'm jealous that your going on vacation so I will probably take you out at the first round "just because".

Hope this helps.

Haha Dan. you outta be careful when you come around to lap me, I don't always hold my line.

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Okay just messin with ya Paul please dont beat me with your new driver Tiger Woods style!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
TRA, if you hear me yell "FOUR" as you lap me you best watch your head Big Grin

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
hahaha I doubt any lappin will be goin on unless maybe if you stop for a rest.. Deal? I thought I was in shape doin alittle cardio but last sat at horn I could only hold on for three corners:•(

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I'm getting in shape, so I'm not worried about running out of gas. My problem is not tired slow is the same slow as tired slow. I'd like to get to Horn at least once before the race. Not sure if that will happen though.

posted Hide Post
ROGLOL. Just Race Paul. The track will be way safe because we want everyone making the rest of the series. Racing and then a vacation! What a life. As Dan can vouch for me, small business owner rairly get a vacation. Can't afford it.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
The only reason I can afford this vacation is the fact that I spent 100 nights on the road and 150,000 air miles in the past 2 years. Frequent flyer programs are a good thing:
And Ted, I can't afford a 40' semi trailer, fancy camping trailer, 4 new bikes and gear. Business does have it's perks Wink

Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
haha you guys outta be careful of what you wish for. You'd be spending 10 days with my wife and 16 and 17 year old daughters.

Is your wife good looking? (Doesn't really matter though) I can send the kids to the bar for every night (I think its legal for 15 year olds to drink over there, right?) and we can have fun on our own as long as you are paying for it! lol!

Yep, just race Paul...get the holeshot and never look back! Well unless "716" or myself are behind you... Razz

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 716:

Hope this helps.

LMAO Dan. Your so quiet at the track. I got a good laugh out of that comment.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who are you trying to fool Paul? You know you will be at Horn on the line. It's in our blood....if we are healthy (and many times when we're not), we are there. It's called an addiction. First clue....you had to ask others for advice on weather to race or not. So with that said....I'll see you on the starting line. When do you want to go over for a practice at Horn? I'm game except for next weekend. Let me know.

Posts: 78 | Location: Ravensdale | Registered: Mon April 10 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I don't think I'm going to be able to make a practice day. We are going clam digging next weekend, then I leave for South Carolina for 3 weeks. What 30+ class are you doing Don?