Notify
Tools

to race or not to race
 Login/Join

Picture of Open Class
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
So I have a philisophical problem. The P.R.O. series starts March 6th. I have a family vacation to Europe going through the 3rd and 4th rounds. If I race the the first rounds and get hurt and screw up my families dream European vacation I will never forgive myself. If I don't race I ruin the series. Is it possible to race conservative enough to not get hurt but still get points? Race or not?

Really? You show up, you race hard, and the chips fall where they may. Not sure why this is even a question.

---------------------------------------------------------------
"You, you, and you: panic. The rest of you come with me"

Posts: 722 | Location: An island in the middle of a lake | Registered: Sun January 07 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya Paul us small business guys have it made. I bought my first camping trailer at 47 years old. A used one for $14,000. We bought one bike in 2009 and still owe on it. Ya life as a small business owner is the life of a King. Working 70 hours a week is my life long dream for when I turned 50.

At least I get to work for the nicest people on the planet. Dirt bikers!

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Open Class:
quote:
So I have a philisophical problem. The P.R.O. series starts March 6th. I have a family vacation to Europe going through the 3rd and 4th rounds. If I race the the first rounds and get hurt and screw up my families dream European vacation I will never forgive myself. If I don't race I ruin the series. Is it possible to race conservative enough to not get hurt but still get points? Race or not?

Really? You show up, you race hard, and the chips fall where they may. Not sure why this is even a question.

Well look who came out of the wood work...how the hell are ya Dom?

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Open Class
posted Hide Post
LOL. Yeah, been MIA for a bit. Trying not to get sucked into all the forums and blogs....

How have yu and the crew been? riding?

---------------------------------------------------------------
"You, you, and you: panic. The rest of you come with me"

Posts: 722 | Location: An island in the middle of a lake | Registered: Sun January 07 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
We have been good...hat'en the winter. Worse one in about 3 decades over here. Sitting on about 13 inches of snow right now. Last rode my bike in November sometime....

We are trying to get together another trip to Horn Feb 19-21st. We should know more soon.

How about you? Race/Riding? Foot ok?

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think I'm going to be able to make a practice day. We are going clam digging next weekend, then I leave for South Carolina for 3 weeks. What 30+ class are you doing Don?
Paul, I think I will remain in the 30+ C....and attempt to compete in the 40+B...lol...Too bad you can't make a practice, but hopefully we'll see you that first weekend in March.

Posts: 78 | Location: Ravensdale | Registered: Mon April 10 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya Mr. Open Class. What have you been doing?
Did you get that track built on Mercer Island yet. I heard you had a few Zoning issues.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Ted are you guys still going to run a +40 B class this year? It's bad enough to get smoked by Grim, Holt etc. but now you have Dan Moore in the mix also.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wilcox
posted Hide Post
iam gonna move up ..just so Paul will get off my back LMAO .... just messing with you Paul ... but yes iam gonna move up

Posts: 331 | Location: lynnwood | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wilcox:
iam gonna move up ..just so Paul will get off my back LMAO .... just messing with you Paul ... but yes iam gonna move up

It's about time, ya sandbagger Big Grin

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Last rode my bike in November sometime....

Sounds about same here Vetmx808, November I mean. That Crater dudes had my bike and it's parts ever since - doing his Europe/US thingy. Me, I've got a sandwich to chew on and live European tv (http://www.cpm24.tv/) and love'n both. Should have a bike back soon enough just not sure it can handle my new found poundage.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Your too nice Ken...if he gets on the podium anywhere, he better be ettzzzen da thank in da Workman!

I sure hope we can get our trip to Horn together....I need to get on my bike! Wife even is telling me to find a place to ride...said I was grumpy! Well...I think she is right!

posted Hide Post
We are running 40+ sportsman, Intermediate and legends.

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Ok looks like I'll have to race then Big Grin

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
At the Horn PRO races whats the difference between 40+ int and lengend since they are raced together and counted same as a group as how they finish in order of the race as i have seen posted on results by the tower?

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
They have never run a seperate intermediate class. Legends has always been A/B combined scoring. This year they are running seperate A and B classes so us slow guys don't get out butts kicked so bad.

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Im diggin it!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
What does it matter to you? You'll still be in the "A" class Big Grin

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
No A class here for me Paul its you and me in the int. I only get to race acouple times a year and barely top five if im lucky the legend class is for old pro's im lifetime amature rider only a legend in my mind. See ya on the line!

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
It will be fun. Look me up in the pits and I'll buy you a beer!