New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pressure washing at Spokane
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul 061
posted
Last time I was there, they had a designated washing area and didn't want washing to occur in the parking lot. Is this still the case? If it is, I won't have to bring my big drum of water Big Grin

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leave the drum at home!!! Washing is only allowed at the designated area. Last year they had a few folks start backwards for washing in other areas at one of the races...

Posts: 145 | Location: Deer Park WA | Registered: Tue January 31 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks Dawn. What time do the gates open on Friday? I was planning on geting there around 4:00.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
Hopefully there is warm water for the showeres, I about had a heart attack at the LLQ.

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Thankfully the hillbilly hotel has hot and cold running water Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Gates open Friday from 10am-10:30pm from what the website says.

Paul, you have the hillbilly hotel and we have the hipee rig--and MOST the time it has hot and cold running water!--Drew--if there isn't hot water at the track you are welcome to use the hipee rig's shower!

Dawn

Posts: 145 | Location: Deer Park WA | Registered: Tue January 31 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must say that Spokane's set-up for washing bike's is the dumbest and worst i have ever seen. One area, on the far end of the facility, with room for about six people, and you still get sprayed from the guy next to you, if you can get on the pad. If not you are stuck in the dirt wading in a mud puddle. Why not put another station on the other end by the showers that didn't have hot water. There isn't any grass there anymore what would it hurt? Then we can talk about the parking, that might be dumber than the bike wash set-up. better stop before I really go off.

Posts: 139 | Location: West Richland | Registered: Mon December 26 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
You could just wash it at home.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the reason for not allowing washing in the pits?? Does everyone race with twenty pounds of mud stuck to their bike after morning practice when the track is muddy from being watered? What if it's a mud race? Mud is hard on equipment. Sounds like M&H has a good point, no bike washing in the pits seems kinda gay.

Posts: 145 | Location: Puyallup, WA | Registered: Tue March 29 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The reasoning is the water in wash area is well water I believe or something of the like--non drinking water. I don't make the rules, or even agree with this one. I've been there waiting to wash, having someone use our pressure washer because how do you lug it, the bike, the stand and everything all at once all the way across the parking lot, only to be washing and have the guy next to me soak me and spray his kids filth my direction.

It isn't muddy there most the time so mud isn't the issue, it has to do with the water supply and cost is my understanding.

As to the parking...if half the people that came there used half the brain God gave them, it wouldn't be a problem. You should be able to put 4 motorhomes on an island (what other tracks have power and water hookups?) and then you should be able to put another two between them and the next island and still leave a fire lane. I know..a 30 foot motorhome and a however long trailer probably wont be all able to fit two on each side, but there is a way to do it if people think about it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DawnB,

Picture of racerx43yz
posted Hide Post
The water does suck but the parking? Come on its one of the best parking lots in mx as long as you do what dawn says and use just half of your brain.

Posts: 61 | Location: Coeur d' Alene,ID,USA | Registered: Wed December 03 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanP
posted Hide Post
I just got back from parking the camper at the track...all I can say is get there quick or you won't get water and electric hookups. Thankfully Patty is trying to police the people who think their Taj Mahal motorhomes and campers need to take up 2 or three spaces...

I like the no washing in the parking lot...the wash area is nice. You don't have to wash on the concrete over there either so a lot more than 6 bikes can be washed at once. I hate when guys wash in the pits. They usually wash the bikes on the concrete pads where the picnic tables go...then you want to bring the kids over to eat dinner on the picnic tables and there is clumps of mud all over in the grass...not a big deal, I just like how clean it help keeps the camping area for those of us with little tikes...

I agree that the pits at Airway are as good as it gets (assuming everyone uses their brain when they park). Look at Airway parking vs. someplace like Clarkia...yikes...I'll take Airway...

Posts: 273 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed February 01 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanP:
I just got back from parking the camper at the track...all I can say is get there quick or you won't get water and electric hookups. ...

Sissy's, who needs power and water Big Grin

Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
The last thing Clarkia needs to fix is the parking LOL. It's not that bad anyways, its grass and never gets full enough to get crowded.

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanP
posted Hide Post
Hey Paul...if I don't have power, I'll send my kids over to your rig...you can deal with them when there is no air conditioning!!

PS-don't forget the new rule...vet racers coming from the west side need to start backwards with clutch hand on their head in moto one on Saturday...

Posts: 273 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed February 01 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Dan, don't send em to my place. I have no AC either. I do have a 8" fan though LOL. It doesn't matter how I start, I'll crash out anyways :-)

Come on over, I'll buy ya a beer!

Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good rule for Paul.......maybe then I can beat him to the first turn!

Posts: 148 | Location: Glendale, Ca | Registered: Sat February 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
From what I hear, no one beats Paul to the first turn.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pike 62:
Sounds like a good rule for Paul.......maybe then I can beat him to the first turn!
HAHA! (big big laughing) Pike all ones gotta do to you is out-brake you into the first turn - from then on it's a psych game after all the 40+ class aint so much about age as it is about waist size!

Mines a svelte 30x something - I think - (smiling...not!)

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
That's why I suck so bad, I'm too skinny Big Grin