Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Season Opener
 Login/Join

posted
Man can you believe the weather we had. The weather men said rain on friday night up until 10:00AM. Woke up at 6:00 AM and perfectly clear skys and both days were in the 56 to 60 range. Great races all weekend. Ray let me do my thing to the track so we widened it and put a little lift on a couple of the jumps but not like last year. You could pass almost anywhere.
I saw passes multiple times even on the left hand table hump after the rythum section. A rider could race side by side the entire track. How did you like that sand whoop sweeper. I saw the 25o JR class go 3 wide for 3 laps.
We hope everyone had a great time and hope to see you next race on March 26th and 27th.

We are adding the back step-up for the next race and a few other cool features to suprise you with.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
had a great time thanks again

Posts: 220 | Location: ellensburg wa | Registered: Tue May 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dogz450F
posted Hide Post
Great Track, Great Time and Great Racing!!

On another note, I think the flaggers did a great job both days last weekend. The Only time they get brought up is when people are bitching about them. Ted or Ray let that group of people now they did good!

Posts: 226 | Location: Snotown | Registered: Mon June 27 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just wanna say thanks for an awesome event, I had a blast. I was curious if you guys ever thought of using a grade roller to get the track to hold up better, it seems like it would help on a sandy track such as horn. I know everyone races the same track but we did have quite a few get offs when the track got rough. Just a thought, I hate seeing people get hurt. All in all awesome event and I can't wait for rounds 3 and 4.

Posts: 53 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Mon September 20 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
ted you guys did a great job with the track. klete had everyone in stitches laughing friday night. jurin proved he can drink anyone under the table and ride like he went to bed by 800 oclock.yeah it was a good time. perfect weather. funny seeing a water truck in march already but it made the track nice. it was good to see the pro taper wider now it was a bit narrow before on the landing.cant wait to go to the next one and with my bike next time

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
anybody know which photographers were taking pics last weekend at pro. thanks

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
The P.R.O. racing series always awesome at horn! Wheather was moto perfect, watched great racing all day all weekend long, best show in town. Rounds 3 and 4 should be sick..! Thank you to Devol crew as always great job!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
324 You should see what some of the tracks back east look like after half a day of racing. Dodge National is way rougher. Seriously, Horn was not really very rough. The track was super wide and there were lines that were actually smooth. The right hand sweeper was Gnarly but I've seen way worse. E-Street in California has bumps twice as deep and over the entire track.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
I had the hugest reality check when I raced the Vet Nationals a couple years ago...

I have never ever seen anything like what the Glen Helen track can turn into...

My body hurt for a solid week after a weekend of racing there...

But, the first race of the year is always brutal since the hands and body aren't quite race ready. Smile

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't think it was terrible, I just thought it might help it be safer and save you guys some prep work in between motos. Maybe it is just my mentality being I build roads for a living and use a roller everyday. Thanks for an awesome job done. The way you refaced the jumps was alot nicer than what I rode there two weeks previous. Great job, can't wait for the next rounds.

Posts: 53 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Mon September 20 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
I didn't get to ride round 1 and 2 but I did ride the track the following Thursday I couldn't believe how much steeper the jump faces were.. Generally every jump on the track I can easily clear on my stock 250F 3rd gear mid. Now 3rd gear mid sends you up higher and bike length short of clearing the jump so now it's 3rd gear pinned, and way higher in the air, feels way more sketchy. What is the purpose of this? Is it for the pro's? I don't scrub but I can do a nice cross-up, so if the jump face is steep is it easier to scrub/whip? The front step down before the tunnel was nice floater now it's a wall with pre-loadin g-outs on the steeper jump face. I can't imagine steeper jump faces produces less kickers.
I'm probaly just gettin to dam old for this sport.

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We only steepened 2 of the jumps because those 2 jumps were getting kickers at the lip because the face didn't have a slight curve. We didn't change the first table or the pro table or the table on the hill. Ray may have steepened the jumps after our event. Even most of the 50 relic class was jumping every jump at our event so something must have changed. We will have a similar safe track as what we built at round 1 and 2. Your never to old to do this. Just ask 80 year old Danny McCarthy my hero.

Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
Damnit! Sounds like I missed a darn good time! I had to work all weekend!

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan McCarthy is so fun to talk to that guy is a blast tosit back and talk bikes with I still need to go and check out his place and take him up on the offer to come and take a look.

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
It is a wonder from the perfect MR50 on the coffee table to the 100 or so bikes in the back yard
Get this Annie was running sighn up at my first race Jolly Rogers in 69? Dan was the referee.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
PLEASE FIX THE FIRST TURN THEODORE.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We didn't have enough time to do what I would have liked. I will do what I can to fix it for this weekend. The plan is shorten the start, hard left with a nice berm then a right.
I'm thinking about building a gnarly National section somewhere. Any suggestions?

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Don't do anyting too wild.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dogz450F
posted Hide Post
YA what Paul 061 said

Posts: 226 | Location: Snotown | Registered: Mon June 27 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
paul are you going