Notify
Tools

2 Stroke open class??
 Login/Join

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smail:
Hey TRA I have a better one for ya. Since I do not have a pre 1990 125 I will race ya on my 83 cr 250. Drum brakes, no powervalve, steel bars, stock suspension. What do ya say?

---

Mr. Smail with all do respect and I sincerely meen that since I am a fan, given the right (conditions) it would be like me taking candy from a baby.. I only ride horn on good days. I dont ride in rain, mud or ruts and I dont do the rubbing is racing thing. If your willing to come over for the P.R.O. race and let me have a shot at you I will apy yoyr $35 entry fee.

MX510 I the left pride and dignity at the gate years ago, yes it would hurt, but I am not worried I got him covered.

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I raced a '83 CR250 it was a great bike. Even had a Mugen head and pipe for it courtesy of Eric Eatons dad.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 716
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with TRA on this one. At least as far as Smail goes. It was hard enough keeping a 125 together in the 80s. It's gonna be hard to find one that will put up with Smail for 5 laps 20some years later!

Posts: 202 | Location: Cle Elum, WA USA | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Parker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 716:
I have to agree with TRA on this one. At least as far as Smail goes. It was hard enough keeping a 125 together in the 80s. It's gonna be hard to find one that will put up with Smail for 5 laps 20some years later!

I know just the 125 up for the challenge. And it's sitting in my garage.

Posts: 255 | Location: Mattawa, WA, USA | Registered: Sun November 16 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahahahahahaha! That is some funny sheeeyot right there. What was that 'candy from a baby' oh my god you are full of yourself. This is awesome!

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
I'm not saying I won't have my hands completely full with you on that Ricky Johnson CR250..I'd feel a lot better about this deal if you were Parkers Cagiva 125! Wait what year is that Cagiva? lol

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Here is your bike Lance
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/mcy/2821916926.html

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Parker
posted Hide Post
'86. World Champion Replica!

But not enough parts left in the world to let Lance race it.

Posts: 255 | Location: Mattawa, WA, USA | Registered: Sun November 16 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that Davey Stribos with the Cagiva?

And that would be a David Bailey CR250, RJ didn't sign up til'86.

Paul, that would be a good one.

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We should have an outside $5 dollar per racer purse for the winner who takes it all. Only those who put their five bucks in will be eligible for winning the pot. If you don't want to go for the money, you can still race for bragging rights.

-Jerry

Posts: 15 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue March 23 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRA-742:
quote:
Hey TRA I have a better one for ya. Since I do not have a pre 1990 125 I will race ya on my 83 cr 250. Drum brakes, no powervalve, steel bars, stock suspension. What do ya say?

---

Mr. Smail with all do respect and I sincerely meen that since I am a fan, given the right (conditions) it would be like me taking candy from a baby.. I only ride horn on good days. I dont ride in rain, mud or ruts and I dont do the rubbing is racing thing. If your willing to come over for the P.R.O. race and let me have a shot at you I will apy yoyr $35 entry fee.

MX510 I the left pride and dignity at the gate years ago, yes it would hurt, but I am not worried I got him covered.

Ha ha ha, dont say I didnt warn you. Good luck, you are going to need it bro.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
FYI- Somebody posted on Kennewick Craigslist today low hour clean 2009 YZ125 for $2,000!!!

Picture of Parker
posted Hide Post
I saw that YZ. Bastard makes my Husky look overpriced on there. There are some really good 125's floating around on Craigslist in Washington around 2 G.

I saw on Facebook that Scot Steffy just got a KX 125 for himself.

Now we just need a class to race them in. Come on Mr. Devol.....just combine it with something else and let's see if it takes off....

posted Hide Post
I was talking to the Kawasaki shop last he said they will have a 125 for Loretta Lynn's

Posts: 452 | Location: Selah,WA. | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
After the way I rode today and a few conversations with key people at horn today I want to retract my statements. I have no desire to get lapped by smail on his 83 cr250..

posted Hide Post
That '09 makes my '06 look REALLY good I would not call that really good condition more like average it needs another $500 dumped into to be on the safe side.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Craigslist parkers husky cr144 that bike looks sic !

Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hahahahahahaha! That is some funny sheeeyot right there. What was that 'candy from a baby' oh my god you are full of yourself. This is awesome!

Have not seen TRA-742 Race before. but have seen Smail at Horn on a few occasions. My money is on Smail on just about any bike. Him and Dan Moore are a 40+ riders hero.....

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spin05:
quote:

Have not seen TRA-742 Race before. but have seen Smail at Horn on a few occasions. My money is on Smail on just about any bike. Him and Dan Moore are a 40+ riders hero.....

Spin05 if you've never seen me race before your really missing out its amazing thing to watch..and thanks for the vote of confidence I apreciate that..lol

posted Hide Post
OK you wing nuts. If you can get enough guys to show up with 2-smokers, we will run a class for the hundreds of lonely riders that are manly men enought to race one of these collectors items. BRING IT BOYS!

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post