Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 Stroke open class??
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Your speaking logically these guys don't wanna understand that.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Parker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Parker:
Back on the original subject..

There are too many classes and there should be a 125 class.

What’s the difference between Unlimited and 450? Anyone can ride whatever they want in the 450 class already…a 450, 250F, 350, or 250 2 stroke…so they are essentially the same class.

What classes used to be the biggest? 125! I remember 3 and 4 divisions of qualifiers for 125 Junior at Pac Wests in the early 90s! Why? Because it was the bike people could get into the sport with at a reasonable price and learn how to ride, race, develop technique, and learn how to work on. The growth and boom of Motocross came with 2 strokes in the 70s/80s/90s. We will never see growth and will only continue to shrink with everyone racing 4 strokes...regardless of the economy.

The main entry level class we had (125) morphed into the 250 class..full of 250F‘s and some 250 2 strokes. And we have a resurgence of the Open Class with 450’s. But we have no 125 class. A class that used to get a shitload of entries. A class that was perfect for kids coming off mini’s and perfect for newcomers to the sport. A class that always offered exciting racing at all levels…a class that was was pretty inexpensive to compete in. A class that you went fast in because you learned to ride the bike right and have momentum….not stop in a corner…sit down…and then twist the throttle and jump everything like every C rider on a 250F can do now.

The rest of the world is figuring this out. 2 stroke racing is huge in the UK and Europe. There is a 125 class at the REM series in California. The Megacross series I did when I lived in Illinois now has a 125 Open class and is averaging 17 riders a weekend. Check out this link from Florida: http://twostrokemotocross.com/...da-motocross-series/

I completely understand that you don’t want to add more classes. My suggestion is this…you already have a Schoolboy class that is 125-150 only. Simply make it an 125 (up to 144cc) Open class. Don’t discriminate against the 17 year olds (or 27 year olds!). I think you would be surprised by the entries and they would grow as the year went on. You can create a class someone could get a used bike for under $2500 and go race in. It might not have a full gate...but going through your results you had 3 450 Beginners at Horn Rapids in March on Saturday and 5 on Sunday! That's very surprising..

I think it's very ignorant for anyone to not realize that a 125 2 stroke class is extremely important for the health of Motocross. Do I want to race my 125. Absolutely! Anybody else care to join me?

Nobody else has an opinion?

Posts: 255 | Location: Mattawa, WA, USA | Registered: Sun November 16 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do...

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
Well what is it Smailtown???

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Of all the bikes I've owned over there's which if you know me I've owned a lot, the 125's were the funnest to moto on and the bikes I felt most comfortable on.. 2000RM125, 2002YZ125, 2005KTM125 and currently 2009YZ125. I have owned a lot excellent 4 strokers in-betwen but I can't remember any of them I get bored on them.. Im pretty much done racing but if EW, Parker, Moore, Munson and Smail showed up at horn on pre-1990 125's and me on a feel good day on my 2009 YZ125 I'm pretty sure I'd have them covered in 5 lap race.. this is what I'm thinkin anyways

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
Better add myself to that list Ted.

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Sign you up to whip me or to have a 125 class?

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or was that you are on the list with us old dudes?

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I might have to bring my 200 2 stroke. It has a headlight, do I get a head start?

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
I would put my money on smail...

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Parker
posted Hide Post
My thoughts on this class is that it should be about fun. There are a decent amount of younger kids and older guys still riding 125's...but nobody wants to race one because they put you in a class with 250F's and 250 2 strokes. I see a 125 Open class happening all over the rest of the country and think it would be cool and beneficial to do the same here. It would be a lot of fun for older guys who grew up riding 125's...and it would be cheap and a good learning class for younger guys and kids coming off 80's. Not to mention for newcomers or people who want to get into MX on a 2,000 bike instead of 8,000! Go look on Craigslist! If it gets to the point that there are 20 entries then it could be split into A and B/C or something.

Greg will sign up. I will. TR. Waunch said he'd be interested. Joey Lancaster said last summer he has a CR 125 and would be interested. There are a handful of B and C riders still on 125's. I know a few practicers with 125's who don't normally race but would come out for something like this. I bet it could get 10-12 entries a weekend and would grow from there. It could be combined with something and not add motos to the race schedule (that needs revamped anyway as we've discussed)

And TR....you don't want any of my '95 KTM 125!
Toes last October Smile

Posts: 255 | Location: Mattawa, WA, USA | Registered: Sun November 16 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Wes I'd be worried about that gear LOL

Can I race my 200?

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Parker
posted Hide Post
Here you go Smail. It's on. Right down the road from you too. Offer him half and start looking for your Bieffe pants. You don't even need to buy new numbers...just gotta flip that one six..and get a new clutch purchase? Tell him it's a '90 not a '91.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/2813279695.html

Hmmm Paul. My thought is to keep out 250's. 250's get a fair class by racing with 250F's. The idea is for a small bore 2 stroke class....you're in a gray area. You should of not said anything...nobody would of protested you. Just sign up! That gear looks better than most brands 2012 stuff.

Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here you go Smail. It's on. Right down the road from you too. Offer him half and start looking for your Bieffe pants. You don't even need to buy new numbers...just gotta flip that one six..and get a new clutch purchase? Tell him it's a '90 not a '91.

Hmmm Paul. My thought is to keep out 250's. 250's get a fair class by racing with 250F's. The idea is for a small bore 2 stroke class....you're in a gray area. You should of not said anything...nobody would of protested you. Just sign up! That gear looks better than most brands 2012 stuff.

That gear does look better than the new stuff out there. I would love to get involved in a 2 stroke open class, I could race my "new" 02 RM 250!!!

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wes you have seen me ride. You guys could beat me on 65's. It is a trail bike after al :-)

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Come on Parker I said say pre-1990's!!!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
So...if the "clutch purchase is broken" dosen't that mean you would have to go perch at a local bike shop. Then maybe with a little wing flapping and cawing you could get what you need to fix this???

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey TRA I have a better one for ya. Since I do not have a pre 1990 125 I will race ya on my 83 cr 250. Drum brakes, no powervalve, steel bars, stock suspension. What do ya say?

posted Hide Post
Wesley that bike looks sweet! Looking at that rm is tempting but I think honda.

Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smail:
Hey TRA I have a better one for ya. Since I do not have a pre 1990 125 I will race ya on my 83 cr 250. Drum brakes, no powervalve, steel bars, stock suspension. What do ya say?

DONT do it TRA if you want a smidgeon of dignity left after the race. He has offered me basically the same thing and I say NO. The only way I have a chance is if I can get him on the PW 50 with some frickin training wheels. With that scenario, I think I might be able to block pass him, ha ha ha. Big Grin