New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 Stroke open class??
 Login/Join

Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
How many riders do we need to make this happen???

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ..::MOTOX155::..
posted Hide Post
We did offer a the 125cc Open & 250cc Open in 2009.

We only had 5 250cc Open for the 1st 4 rounds and no one else for the rest of the 10 rounds.

The 125cc Open a total of 9 rider for the series. Which only 1 rider did 6 rounds and 2 raced 4 rounds.

http://pacificracingmx.com/res...-Points-06-28-09.htm

It makes it really tough when we offer a class and no one shows up, but have to run it anyway when we do have 1-5 riders and having to run and fit it in with another class makes it tough. (especially if the guy is riding 2 other classes)

Smail/Parker, we really don't have any more classes then AMA. We just have 6 more that breakdown a couple skill levels a little more, but do not add any more motos. We will still have 18-20 motos at the end of the day because of rider numbers.

I am on your side with the 2 stroke class, I wanted it to take off in 2009.

Maybe when daylight is more abundant then we can make some time to do a special class for you (rd #3/4).

Posts: 214 | Location: Washington | Registered: Mon August 23 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why don't you just incorporate the schoolboy and 125 2 stroke together? if you would keep schoolboy 125 only and not let in 250f's you could have a pretty good 2 stroke race.

Posts: 145 | Location: Puyallup, WA | Registered: Tue March 29 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Schoolboy is 12-16 only.

Posts: 214 | Location: Washington | Registered: Mon August 23 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
I don't know how other riders/parents would feel about it, but why don't you just have one 2stoke open class? 125/250 open skilled class? I can think a handful of riders that would sign up for something like that in a heart beat.

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't schoolboy supposed to be 125 only though? Last year there were only one or two 125s on the gate. the rest were 250f's. You guys are kinda killing the schoolboy class by allowing 250f's.
From your rulebook it states: 1) Pacific Racing Organization classes are based on skill level and not age. (The two issues are not related)

Posts: 145 | Location: Puyallup, WA | Registered: Tue March 29 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We will not be able to run any additional classes at the March 3rd and 4th weekend because of daylight. I will see if we can have a clipboard at the first round for riders to list their name for those interested in riding a 2-smoke class at the remaining rounds.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kinda tough to fit in another class when you already have 39 classes huh?

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the point of unlimited classes or college boy and schoolboy.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
I noticed in years past that some brands pay factory contingencies in the college boy class but there would only be 4-6 guys signed up. You would think it'd be stacked...

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to set the record straight on a 2 things:

1) Modern power valves need no maintenance with a good synthetic premix.

2) The last generation of 125s are by no means a time bomb. A new top end twice a year.

My son and I have been racing the same 2 stroke bikes since 2006. They are so reliable it's almost like cheating.

IMO a 125 class would be good for the sport but it would take a season or 2 to catch on and get participation.

Posts: 195 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Tue February 28 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 17dad:
Isn't schoolboy supposed to be 125 only though? Last year there were only one or two 125s on the gate. the rest were 250f's. You guys are kinda killing the schoolboy class by allowing 250f's.
From your rulebook it states: 1) Pacific Racing Organization classes are based on skill level and not age. (The two issues are not related)

We have skill level classes for the 50cc-85cc classes, not age which is mostly AMA.

Schoolboy and Collegeboy were added for riders that want to race the same age level, not skill level. So kids that want to test their speed with other faster level kids they can.

We had Schoolboy as 125 only, but when Loretta Lynns added Schoolboy 1 & 2 we made it possible for 125/250F to run together without adding another class.

posted Hide Post
Wes hook me up man! I want a kit in white but i'll take blue if that's all that is avil.

You hooked me up when no one could get a white '06 front fender back when they was still too new.

http://www.ufoplast.com/en/new...-250-2t-cross-enduro

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post