Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P.R.O. rules
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
If you don't ride practice on the first day of a P.R.O. race you probably will not know the track because we always change it up. I would call that a safety issue.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
TRA!!! Your always causing problems! hahaha
I moved it because the topic was really only for pros. Politics that everyone doesn't deal with. Just pros.
Sorry man.....

quote:
Originally posted by TRA-742:
You suck EW! I was enjoying reading about the- P.R.O. series pro payback- and then you moved it over to the pros only section! I understand why you did- but it was just startin to get good then you pulled the plug- you should of gave us a clearance for that one-lol

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Joel Babcock
posted Hide Post
Anybody answer the weedburner question?

Is it legal or not, if it is, I need to start packing one.

Posts: 405 | Location: Auburn Wash | Registered: Mon April 25 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joel Babcock:
Anybody answer the weedburner question?

Is it legal or not, if it is, I need to start packing one.

LOL. Me too Joel!!

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weed burner?

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post

Smile

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Now thats fricken funny Vetmx808! But I don't think that type will help you get a holeshot.

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
It helps J-Law right! I gotta try something because my starts suck! LOL!

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Joel Babcock
posted Hide Post
Ted,

A weedburner is a torch like device that you hook up to a propane bottle, usually 5 gallon. It's a cool torch with some serious BTU's...

At the 1st race one of the Intermediate Moto Dad's was using a Propane weedburner to dry his kid's gate. It was pouring down rain.

Is it legal to use one at the PRO races?

Posts: 405 | Location: Auburn Wash | Registered: Mon April 25 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joel Babcock:
Ted,

A weedburner is a torch like device that you hook up to a propane bottle, usually 5 gallon. It's a cool torch with some serious BTU's...

At the 1st race one of the Intermediate Moto Dad's was using a Propane weedburner to dry his kid's gate. It was pouring down rain.

Is it legal to use one at the PRO races?

That's one gunghole parent.

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vetmx808:

Smile

LOL Good one Vetmx808. I like your sense of humor. As for the weed burner in question it was #412 on a Honda that used it. And the person running the gate said it wasnt against the rules but as stated before in the Devol rules the only tool allowed at the starting gate is a shovel. Anymore I dont care I got off my chest what I needed to and Ted cleared it up for me. Besides its just going to make my kid have to ride harder which is fine by me.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Osaka #627:
That's one gunghole parent.

LOL. gunghole? You crack me up Brett.

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
The big guy with the burner drying the concrete for 412 is his dad- a.k.a factory Phil. Back when I lived in Spokane he would jump anything, I mean anything. 5th gear pinned kx250. Phil almost always pulled the hole shot. He might be packing a fair amount of titanium these days but if he decides to race his home track you will see. Honda 450 #712 in the 40+OT

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ted great race series, turnouts are awesome, although, every rider should have an equal start on the gate (quailifer to the main)especially when contengency and points are at stake for many riders. And I believe the main tool at the starting gate is a broom. Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 4 | Location: OR | Registered: Thu April 02 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heres the basic AMA start rules. Anyone who jumps the line just prior to the start may be disqualified and black flagged out of the event while the race continues.

Posts: 4 | Location: OR | Registered: Thu April 02 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AMA also provides everyone with a gate or there are qualifiers.

Picture of Liljozie495
posted Hide Post
since when have we started smoking weed on the line?

i dont think the torches should be allowed! if it rains it rains, its dry its dry... lil wet all its gonna do is test the riders skill eyy?
and i personally hate sitting there on the line when its raining and someones dad is holding the gate from dropping cus hes drying his kids gate...

p.s...charlie you were my hero that day!!! hahaha

Posts: 12 | Location: Kent | Registered: Mon May 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Liljozie495:
since when have we started smoking weed on the line?

i dont think the torches should be allowed! if it rains it rains, its dry its dry... lil wet all its gonna do is test the riders skill eyy?
and i personally hate sitting there on the line when its raining and someones dad is holding the gate from dropping cus hes drying his kids gate...

p.s...charlie you were my hero that day!!! hahaha

Thanks. LOL I think I was maybe a little out of hand but what do you expect from a dad who hadnt slept for 46 hrs, got a speeding ticket on the way over trying to get there in time to sign my son up and spending $600.00 on the weekend. I am buying the picture from Photo's by G with my son way out front on that start. I am going to blow it up and hang it on the livingroom wall. When I saw that pic on his web page I almost fell out of my chair laughing.