New
Find
Notify
Tools

2011 schedule
 Login/Join

Picture of Haney10
posted Hide Post
When a kid races a complete series he wants a big trophy to show off. Give the pros the coupons and payback they have enough trophies and I bet most pro's still have the first big trophy they ever won. I think 95 percent of the racers are racing for fun and GOOD memories. One big award feels way better than a bunch of coupons that make us spend more money to use. The plaques are pretty cool. Just kinda small for year end. We raced the series in 09 finished third. Don't know what they gave in 010. I do know that mx in the northwest would not be the same without P.R.O. And crew. Keep it up.
Please run longer pro motos in 2011.

Posts: 59 | Location: Tri-Cities | Registered: Tue November 04 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We do the plaques because most of the people that have the big trophies have them stored somewhere that no one sees them. That kinda why we do what we do. And without bragging. The Machined plaques that Garrett designs and we make are pretty nice looking on anyones wall.
As far as certificates. Some were percentage off, some were a dollar amount and some were for free product. We do the best we can, which I'm pretty sure is more than most.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
The machined placques were very cool!

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Ted, I got both and each are prominently on display.

Plaques get "traffic view" meaning anybody comes by gets to see these's.

Trophy's get a Room of their own. I'm talk'n da-6-footer-kind, da big stuff no wank-wank. I do miss those Wrangler Days .

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ken You are one of the few that has a room dedicated to all your 6 foot trophies. If you had kids your trophs would be in a box in the garage and P.R.O. plaques would be all over your kids room floor to celing.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think something cool for the regular trophies would be a plaque and then just hand out all the little metal things that go on the trophies.that would save us all some space in our garage

Posts: 220 | Location: ellensburg wa | Registered: Tue May 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
When I raced jeeps that's what they did.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
P.R.O. graphics for rear windows would be cool.

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Dave, Paul, Ray..

You guys are nuts!

Best I ever saw (Decoster-until-now) was some kid struggling to haul off one of "Clems" Enumclaw S.K.Y.'s monster 6'er trophies at end of series.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haney10
posted Hide Post
Pocket sized plaques are the rage in the near future I'm sure.

Posts: 59 | Location: Tri-Cities | Registered: Tue November 04 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Series end trophies should be big and 50/65/80's should have race trophies. I'd like to see dollar off coupons for future races in lieu of trophies for the big bikes.

Picture of DanP
posted Hide Post
As a mini dad and racer, I agree with Paul. Kids (for the most part) don't like or want plaques. Kids don't enjoy looking at something hanging on the wall...they want some big hardware to carry.

I like plaques for myself for the reasons mentioned above...I can hang it on the wall and they don't look gaudy.

Plaques for "big boys", trophies for kids. That would always be my vote.

Posts: 273 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed February 01 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
i think your on to something paul. didnt see it til now. my boy always loves the trophies at arenacross or at other tracks and doesnt seem to care as much for the plaques except for the ones at bigger events like top gun or the series end awards . you can put trophies on a shelf(alot of them)where you need alot of wall space or just stack the plaques up.

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haney10:
Pocket sized plaques are the rage in the near future I'm sure.
no they will text you a picture of a trophy Big Grin

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I heard gas is supposed to hit the $4 mark. Ted may have to come up with some creative things to get riders out. I'm planning on coming to the first round, we'll see after that.

Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
I heard gas is supposed to hit the $4 mark. Ted may have to come up with some creative things to get riders out. I'm planning on coming to the first round, we'll see after that.

I knew you wouldn't quit!!!!

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sharkey. it's perfect. virtual trophies! Your a genius! You can put it on your "wall". in fact you can put on other peoples "wall" and we don't have to manufacture anything and we will save the planet too! If I come up with anything better to save money I will let you guys know.

P.S. Welcome back Paul. We all Luv ya.

Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
i knew youd like that. paul are you riding the atv class now. i heard your jersey says delta 12 now Razz

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
hahahaha thats funny right there

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post