Find
Notify
Tools

The race report.
 Login/Join

Picture of E.W. #849
posted
Who did what??????

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll start by saying: Jake Anset was on fire. Even with bad starts Jake made clean passes all weekend and walked away in all but a few motos.
A crap load of fast guys were there, even Crater. (he was eating twinkies in the infield while healing from his surgery. Perfect weather except for the last hour on Sunday. The rain stopped after the last moto. The flag crew did a very good job flagging and they kept it watered perfect during all the motos.

The new gnarly back section was really cool.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ted,

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jake was definetly THE MAN all weekend. race was great, track was great, once again P.R.O. put on an excellant race.

Posts: 220 | Location: ellensburg wa | Registered: Tue May 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Motocommentator
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it was an awesome race! Anset is a superfast rider and fairly consistent. Love to watch him ride, too bad I couldn't attend. Thanks to Ted and Ray for all you guys do. Motocross in the NW would not survive without key players like you guys.

Posts: 7 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Fri March 26 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Ive been in touch with Brant Wood father of Kyle Wood. Kyle wrecked on the off camber corner before the rythem section. A rider behind him didn't have any place to go and ran Kyle over. Breaking his left femur. Kyle got out of surgery and is doing well. The doctor wants to have him walking tonight.

Get well soon little buddy!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
What class was he in Eric?

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Kyle Wood is the #917 on an RM85/Supermini

Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
hey Eric,
It was actually the corner after the off camber.Right were those 2 little bumps and double is prior to the protaper.Shay and I went to see Kyle last night on our way out.Pretty Knarly looking X-rays.....

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Watched Jake (#474) ride all weekend seemed way fast untouchable but then #402 come late Sunday had had enough and put the howe-down on'em.

Love Jake cause da dudes got potential but wake-up-a Dragon and you better be ready to eat fire.

#402 Abrigo was espousing flames in the small bike class and put the hoo-down on Jake. Ryan of Advanced Something Racing was da smak. Good to have ya back guy.

Ryan had handling issues in big bike and that held'em back so Attn pops, attn suspension guys. We're fast enough locally. Get it right the first time.

Me Red wonder machine seemed good enough for my bud Pike #62 but gotta wonder about switching brands. Blue seems pretty darn good.

Ole man Lamastus was sport'n a 125cc honda smoker in his old-old-old class (just like me) but the dude had big smile on his face all weekend long. He only had to replace one piston ring on da-squeak. Dude was sport'n a most magnificent Subway smile, I only had (2) all weekend!

Last weekend was da-smak no matter what language (Welcome out from me to da two Russian dudes) good show better luck next time. Ruminer last lap? dude gotta do what ya gotta do.

Time: 7:39PM (and re-write) It's Monday and I'm worn out. Who ever said professional MX watching was easy?

KW

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Workman #21,

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
boy that place hasnt been kind this year to riders, 3 broken femurs in 1 month WOW!!and 1 death

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TJ 755
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Workman #21:
Watched Jake (#474) ride all weekend seemed way fast untouchable but then #402 come late Sunday had had enough and put the howe-down on'em.

Love Jake cause da dudes got potential but wake-up-a Dragon and you better be ready to eat fire.

#402 Abrigo was espousing flames in the small bike class and put the hoo-down on Jake. Ryan of Advanced Something Racing was da smak. Good to have ya back guy.

Ryan had handling issues in big bike and that held'em back so Attn pops, attn suspension guys. We're fast enough locally. Get it right the first time.

Me Red wonder machine seemed good enough for my bud Pike #62 but gotta wonder about switching brands. Blue seems pretty darn good.

Ole man Lamastus was sport'n a 125cc honda smoker in his old-old-old class (just like me) but the dude had big smile on his face all weekend long. He only had to replace one piston ring on da-squeak. Dude was sport'n a most magnificent Subway smile, I only had (2) all weekend!

Last weekend was da-smak no matter what language (Welcome out from me to da two Russian dudes) good show better luck next time. Ruminer last lap? dude gotta do what ya gotta do.

Time: 7:39PM (and re-write) It's Monday and I'm worn out. Who ever said professional MX watching was easy?

KW
so how did Jonathan and Code E fair?

Posts: 87 | Location: North Bend | Registered: Fri March 28 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya the broken femer Kyle got was a weird one because it was on the slowest and most technical corner on the track. He cross rutted and just plopped over but the guy right behind him ran over his leg. Kyle was riding great all weekend too.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what the web site address is for the two people taking pictures this last weekend is?

Posts: 148 | Location: Glendale, Ca | Registered: Sat February 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
http://j29photography.com/

http://www.acmotophotos.smugmug.com/

http://lesliebrownphotography.smugmug.com/Action/2010

quote:
Originally posted by Pike 62:
Does anyone know what the web site address is for the two people taking pictures this last weekend is?

posted Hide Post
We're confused about how the red flags are being used! Can somebody please clarify?

The first weekend of P.R.O. one race the Red Flag is flown ( coming up on the white flag lap I must ADD) not because a rider is hurt(Yes a rider was down) but to chew out the racers for not slowing to the yellow and medic flag. Now couldn't you call all those riders up to the tower after that race had ended and gave them the same talk? And typically when a Red Flag is flown when more than half the race is completed, why is the race restarted rather than scored at finish order at the Red Flag?

Now this weekend there is a race where 3 riders go down, one rider just on the edge of the track with a bike in front of the rider because the medics asked for it to be left there so they would not get hit.(that tells me the rider was not far enough off the track to warrant racing to continue)and NO RED FLAG. Racers were still jumping that jump. To make things worse this is a blind jump. If you say these riders were not jumping then maybe some of them were not but they were coming over on the gas and out of control(saftey hazard if you ask me) My son was one of the 3 riders that got hurt. He wasn't even at fault of this wreck...he was the one who got landed on in the air and it was just a chain reaction after that. Not to place anyone at fault but this race was more deserving of a Red Flag than the one to chew riders out on.

So whats your understanding of a Red Flag?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MOTO77,

Posts: 10 | Location: Bonners Ferry,Idaho | Registered: Tue November 18 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
so how did Jonathan and Code E fair?

TJ 755,

Cody E, did FANTASTIC! Last month at same PRO event he placed in the bottom quintupile but last weekend he pulled in a top 10%. Ya'all know we (he and I) have been swinging by Ellensburg's most magnificent Subway establishment establishment serv'n a "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" don't ya. The young dude's 15yrs and-a-half now and so bout time to begin teach'n-em the ways of the road. No-No-No! not that road (you gutter minded pukes)...the one that makes for good and decent MX riders and peeps. TJ I'm thinking of heading over to Toes on 04.03.2010 for more lessons. Me, I still can't clear Toes JR track whoops like Dominic (this board) can and it's in my DNA to push until I can. I'm thinking I'll drag Cody over with me cause it's he's ready to explode into something amazing and it's the right thing to do, besides ... he likes to ride and I got no problem with that.

Jonathan and how well he did, well... that's another story. I've been hearing all winter about this-and-that and how he was training. Said he had the cardio, had the skills, had the big-air. Heard he had da smak-talk too (need to clean the ear-wax out of these ole ears cause I think I heard same hear) but come time fer da show I had to wonder? I gave'em my most wondrous 2009 CRF450 monster Red machine and even stopped by two Subways for a "whatever" sandwich but dude was hoe-show. Some Dude named Dave Kapla? (hope I got the spelling right) from Alaska smoked'em on a KTM. Big Grins and sorry Pike, I am now convinced that with all our Global Warming crap that Gods Country is truly located up here somewhere along the 49th Lat. That don't mean I don't respect the more southern Lat's just means I don't respect'em as much.

Toss another Subway-on-the-Barbie will ya.

KW

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
MOTO77

Moto77

Most times (sorry Ted) the local flagger is the ref. The Master Ref lay’s out the rules and prays any local flagger follows’em, sometimes not.

Personally I go go by a 70% rule. Seventy percent of the flaggers were hired today and seventy percent of those have never been to a MX track. .7X.7==.49. That’s a fifty-fifty chance my flagger was looking the right direction when he/she tossed it. Add in $wages, Sun (dang my head is burnt and hurts), Earth local, and Operating Expenses and you got something.

Red flag? I suggest you toss it at the point the promoter calls for the Red Truck ride to the Hospital. You get to that point and everybody grinds to a halt cause we all know whatever’s happened is, well…bad.

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
I raced my Wifes bike sat and stayed pace both motos with the Big KTM and the 21 Honda- I would of had them covered the second moto they tangled breifly last lap corner after the checkers I slid by- then in the spectator double doulbe tripple double section 21 got back by I had to shut down and roll most of that section a rider faded into me while tryn to move over out of the way- I should of stayed to the right my bad- the KTM got me back corner before the protaper- With five surgeries and no racin since last year im happy just to be ridin again good fun.. might have to hit the next round and yes Believe da Hype! lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TRA-742,

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindstedt138
posted Hide Post
I seemed to find myself on the ground more than 50 percent of the time this weekend! I fell 4 times in one moto on saturday and still got 2nd..... help me eric!!!!! haha

Posts: 6 | Location: Sequim, WA | Registered: Wed September 16 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
Cody did ride great this last weekend. For a kid who doesnt ride nearly enough he showed alot of ability and heart. Made me a proud dad!

As for myself......well I am happy with my ride for the most part. I hate getting beat but all in all I am OK with it for that round. Cardio was fine.....conditioning was fine. My shoulder on the other hand was far from fine. But no excuse and no shame. The guys that beat up on me all weekend should be beating me up. They are some of the faster guys at the races. I will do better next round!

As for the red wonder machine.....by the end of the weekend I was feeling pretty good on it. Nice bike with GREAT suspension. Thanks Dan!

And to my bud KW......Thanks alot for all your help!

Posts: 148 | Location: Glendale, Ca | Registered: Sat February 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post