Find
Notify
Tools

airway hieghts practice???
 Login/Join

Picture of spin05
posted
Hey Ted
Is there going to be a practice on friday before next weeks race like last year????

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
Ya, who's comin out here! If I can I will swing by and watch my old homies mobb deep at Airway..

Kimballs

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanP
posted Hide Post
Extreme's website just put out that there will not be practice on that Friday.

Posts: 273 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed February 01 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
that sucks ....Anybody know if they are still having a practice on thursday??????

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old Homies mobb deep? Is that getto lingo? Please translate for us rural ranch type hicks.

Yes there is practice on Thursday but Friday we are mobbing the track deep for the hommies and the westies. I think that's what we are doing.

Oh ya, Josh at Extreme said that a local TV station is airing a program of both days of the race. What a great way to get your 15 minutes of fame in the spotlight.

BK. Please come out to do some Mobb knobbing.
Mobb knobbying? Ya. Mobb Knobbying?

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
After a post like that Ted, I would expect to show up on Saturday morning to see you wearing black adidas sweats and a clock around your neck.

I would love to come to my home town and witness this but I have to exhibit my poser-ness to the fullest and practice the shit out of Ward Creek that weekend. Of course I will have my bike spit shined to a tee, loaded in my big truck, and I will put in three at a time of hardest laps I have ever charged. Unfortunately I don't have any new gear, I just cant buy all the tribal. It's the solid colors, any color as long as its black and white for me. Oh its good to be a pro practicer.

I will be thinking of you guys though. You guys have a great race weekend!

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Aaron you should come spectate the race. I will be putting on a clinic both days and you can take notes.

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
Hey Ted how bout running it backwards again???I really liked it that year you did that...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: spin05,

#329 40+ class

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRA-742:
Aaron you should come spectate the race. I will be putting on a clinic both days and you can take notes.

If that is the case, could I be in your entourage? LOL!

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
quote:
Originally posted by TRA-742:

If that is the case, could I be in your entourage? LOL!

------

Oh by the way the race clinic will be on how to not get a start, panic revs, rear brake fear draggin, no front brake use, clutch in coasting corners and most importantly how to fade with pride.. I got this style down to a science been practicing it for years!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I could be your teaching assistant, thats for sure. I have a PHd in how to heat up the rear brake, while keeping the front ICE cold. Waunch could attest to that...

posted Hide Post
Aaron. Beware of what you wish for. This years Top Gun TOP GOON theme is DISCO baby!
Have fun at Ward Creek. Let us know how it was there. Sorry you can't make it to Spokane so you can get on the TV program and do some mobbin an a possin.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanP
posted Hide Post
Ted, if the track is closed for practice Friday, when will it be open for camper parking? I was hoping to get out there Friday before noon to get a good camping spot...

Posts: 273 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed February 01 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
what crappy looking weather forcast.
http://forecast.weather.gov/Ma...&lg=en&FcstType=text

#329 40+ class

Picture of 716
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spin05:
what crappy looking weather forcast.
http://forecast.weather.gov/Ma...&lg=en&FcstType=text

If that forecast is correct, the track will be at it's best

Posts: 202 | Location: Cle Elum, WA USA | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Cool cloudy weather would be perfect! I tried to ride myself back into shape in the heat last thurs an friday at horn- i havent rode since the last pro devol round so its been awhile- purty much put my old body into shock finaly got the best of me- laid in bed all day today (tuesday) with flu like symptoms- havent rode airway in 15+ years i was hopin it would be open practice friday! Okay thats all my exuses but dam it's my home town i gotta do good so im goin to go with just beleiving in da hype!

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
TRA, In what part of Spokane did you grow up?

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
TRA, In what part of Spokane did you grow up?

-----
I grew up in the Valley. Went to St Marys then Evergreen jr then would of went to CV class of 84 but got moved to north cali- worked my way back to spokane in 86 after the army lived in da woods up in mica peak moved to TC in 97- how about you Aaron?

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I grew up in Nine Mile, grade school at Lake Spokane, Jr. High at Nine Mile. High School at Gonaga Prep, then moved to Seattle in 89 after graduation to go to school at UW. Been here ever since. I almost moved back after I graduated from UW, but about a week before I was set to leave I met this chick (The same one I'm married to 17 years later!) I guess my buddy was wrong when he told me, "the Kan will always pull you back." I've been able to resist it so far but I do visit the folks pretty often.

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
lol So true the kan pulls most of us back! I would still be there but my kids mom wanted to practice down here after she grad gonzaga (an that wasnt our deal! lol) so im a TC desert rat now its a good life I enjoy it here Smile