E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    Who will step up first to reduce the noise?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who will step up first to reduce the noise?
 Login/Join

Picture of motodad642
posted
As tracks around the country are being attacked on the noise issue; 1 example, (Honey Lake, cost to fight to stay open $250,000) Who should be in the forefront to reduce the noise? Or do you think there is no problem?

Posts: 276 | Location: Sumner Wa | Registered: Tue February 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanP
posted Hide Post
I already stepped up... I ride a 2 stroke!!!

In all seriousness, I know something needs to done. I can't beleive how loud some guys bikes are just sitting in staging and hearing them "clean out" their big 450. It makes your ears ring even with a helmet on...

Posts: 273 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed February 01 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey its up to the promoters now. They need to have a sound check. It may take more time but well worth it. Check out the March dirt rider where they tested a bunch of crf 450 pipes. All of them were over the AMA pro class limit unless they put in the 'quiet tip'. That is crap. Why are they still loud and available to the public? I used a Q on my 450 almost all the time or the fmf powercore with 96 insert. 96 is still way too loud. I've did laptimes and am the same with the Q and smoother. It is a 93 db unit. I have got the holeshot at worcs races with a 92 db husky exhaust. Loud is not power.
Noise is by far the number 1 problem facing all of us and EVERYONE is slow on the uptake of the issue. I'm going to ride my 450 this weekend with the stock exhaust(yzf 450) because that is where we all need to be. Kx 450's should not even be allowed to race with stock pipes due tio their note. Manufacturers are dropping the ball on sound. All thumpers should be 90db right now PERIOD!!

That's my take on it.

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
quote:
Manufacturers are dropping the ball on sound. All thumpers should be 90db right now PERIOD!!

I agree. You know I sent an email to PC asking why as the leader in aftermarket parts have they not addresed the noise issue.... I received the pass the buck answer??? It seems we will have to loose more tracks and woods trails before it is taken to serious. By then its just to late.

Posts: 276 | Location: Sumner Wa | Registered: Tue February 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Anderson
posted Hide Post
I put a CRX 450 muffler/spark arrester on my CRF 450 last year for Odessa. It makes the bike much quieter. Granted I'm not as fast or young as most people but it did tame it down a bit as well. I left it on mostly for the noise factor now.

"If life is the face of a rutted jump, will you pick the line that drags your footpegs?"

Posts: 294 | Location: Buckley | Registered: Fri December 29 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
Yea Bill I know the real reason your bike is so quite.... Its the sneek up factor Big Grin