New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quiet muffflers??
 Login/Join

Picture of mx510
posted
What will it take to get people to start running quiet mufflers. I was just on the topic of the new track in Tenino when I started to think about this. SERIOUSLY people what will it take, how many more places of riding do we need to lose because of excessive noise. I for one am getting tired of this, its not good when one of your own thinks the bikes are too damn loud. Your thoughts......

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When tracks finally start kicking then out for being to loud.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
How does 70hp and quieter than stock sound???

Ive been pushing the sound thing for awhile, I was running the X-pipe til I crashed a BR and bent it all up. My dad still has his, and everybody that knows his bike, knows that it sounds like a trail bike.

I agree though, tracks need to start testing and kicking people out, thats the only way it will change.

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
I think that it is sad that people cant see past the end of their nose to see the big picture.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mx510:
What will it take to get people to start running quiet mufflers. I was just on the topic of the new track in Tenino when I started to think about this. SERIOUSLY people what will it take, how many more places of riding do we need to lose because of excessive noise. I for one am getting tired of this, its not good when one of your own thinks the bikes are too damn loud. Your thoughts......

I agree as well..
Here is a post ( https://ewmxschools.com/eve/for...71607236/m/671102334 ) I started a while back that relates to sound.

Quiet may not be more powerful, but what does power mean if you can't ride??

Posts: 271 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 28 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What if four strokes sounded like two strokes?That would make me very happy.

Posts: 37 | Location: seattle, wa. usa | Registered: Wed March 10 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mull#13:
quote:
Originally posted by mx510:

I agree as well..
Here is a post ( https://ewmxschools.com/eve/for...71607236/m/671102334 ) I started a while back that relates to sound.

Quiet may not be more powerful, but what does power mean if you can't ride??

Ive been saying those exact words for awhile...
But Im working on something that could change that...

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post