E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    So do you still think we should let big corps fail?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So do you still think we should let big corps fail?
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul 061
posted
Not to stir up another poop storm but this is what happens when we let the major corps fail. How long do you think it will be before all those jobs are gone to China?

http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/0...stversion=2009060213

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
haha well glad I have always been a ford guy.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
Didn't we give the big 3 ~$100B a few months ago to "save" them... what happened there... wait they just pissed it away and failed anyway.

Are you suggesting that we give them more money?

Sad to say but America doesn't really 'make' anything anymore (unless you count creating debt as making something...)

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
ROFLMFAO @ "poop storm". I'm heading for shelter if that is heading my way. Thanks for warning me I normally don't get a warning; it just flushes on me.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
kind a funny, how the us gov looks more like russia every.They own more of our company's every day.And now russia gov looks like us gov. did 20 years ago.We better watch out, obamma might want your business next.

Posts: 35 | Location: auburn | Registered: Thu March 13 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
Well giving GM money didnt help they filed chapter 11,that is what they should have done from the start. Now they have renegotiated with the Union and creditors they can reorganize and stream line and have a fresh start. As for selling the Hummer to China the only way that could happen is with the approval from the 60% majority. I'll give ya 3 guesses who owns 60% of GM now and the first two guesses dont count.
Dont make me have to paint a elephant on your awning. Big Grin

Posts: 276 | Location: Sumner Wa | Registered: Tue February 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
MINIMAN do you realize the fire that you have just stoked for Ted?????????????Here we go again.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for that small business stimulus

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
Not to stir up another poop storm but this is what happens when we let the major corps fail. How long do you think it will be before all those jobs are gone to China?

http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/0...stversion=2009060213

So let them go to china, I dont plan to ever buy a hummer.

The people will get jobs other places.

All a failed company does is basically reset labor market value for the workers that worked there.

If you were good at your particular job, you can adapt and move on to something else similar, if you werent, you will have to find a job that is equal to your economic worth. Thats part of the beauty of capitalism.

Nobody is gauranteed a job, nor should they be. Its an individuals job to make sure they have the skills needed to create economic worth. Economic worth= Wealth.

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vern#119:
Still waiting for that small business stimulus

Aw Vern, you know that small businesses only make up 80% of the work force.....why in the world would anyone want small business to succeed? That would mean that Capitalism does work. Shoot, we cant have a bunch of creative people starting and running successful small businesses. Can you just imagine the problems that would cause? Maaaan, really. Wink

Posts: 276 | Location: Sumner Wa | Registered: Tue February 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This would be slightly funny if it were a forien country. This shit is happening in America. Obama has 17 Zhars. These Zhars account to no one except Obama. One is a Pay Zhar who will limit pay of people working for private businesses. Excuse my French but all this stuff is very very frightening and fucked up beyond anything I could imagine the United States of America would ever accept.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ivest4
posted Hide Post
All I know is that politics is out of my control and PIR is just around the corner! But I am glad my YAMAHA id made in Japan! Wink

Posts: 388 | Location: Arlington | Registered: Tue January 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
Ivest did you ever hear of Cap and trade?
look for a nice 35% TAX on your import.
Or maybe you wont have to worry at all.the environmental ZAR will deem MX unworthy of wasting the earths resources and ban or TAX you for your massive wasteful carbon foot print.
Maybe the car ZAR will deem your local dealer non obonamal and close it....Sorry for ranting I took my head out of the sand for a second.
Ya I know how it is . AS long as I have mine, F#@$ everybody else,I am world unto myself

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
This is what happens when people think that someone else will take care of them and not pay attention to what is going on around them. Are freedoms are being taken away little by little day by day and the people you elected are the ones selling out for the ole mighty buck. It sucks to think that so few really care this is happening. And it is BS to think you cant do anything about it. It is just you wont... SAD!

posted Hide Post
Obama bailed out GM and Chrysler because the unions that help get him elected didn't want to loose their contracts. I guess there is one other reason, so government can control what kind of car we can have. We spent how many $'s just to have them go bankrupt anyways? Now we as taxpayers get to foot the bill for the next 30-40 years just so Obama could please his friends. Who has gained the most from all of this? China, as we have become so indebted to them that we have no economic power. Cap and trade would kill the production this country has and further increase our trade deficit. Who cares if a Chinese company buys hummer, Obama is going to outlaw such vehichles anyways.

Posts: 34 | Location: Mattawa | Registered: Thu March 22 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RickA:
Obama bailed out GM and Chrysler because the unions that help get him elected didn't want to loose their contracts. I guess there is one other reason, so government can control what kind of car we can have. We spent how many $'s just to have them go bankrupt anyways? Now we as taxpayers get to foot the bill for the next 30-40 years just so Obama could please his friends. Who has gained the most from all of this? China, as we have become so indebted to them that we have no economic power. Cap and trade would kill the production this country has and further increase our trade deficit. Who cares if a Chinese company buys hummer, Obama is going to outlaw such vehichles anyways.

Yep Rick, that is what happened but it is to control the auto market so they will be able to dictate and controll the industry for money.

Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
Cmon guys, its Tzar not zar or zhar.

Thought Id catch those before the commie-patrol does....Wink

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Found this on the internet.... I'm serious! I'll translate for MX....

Zhar in the mythos

Zhar is a Great Old One (That would be Ted Devol) and appears as a colossal mass of angry political rants. The being came from the star Pacificus Racing Organizationus, but now dwells beneath the buried city of EWMXSchools on the Plateau of Dung. It is served by the horrid Tcho-Tcho people. (This group is made up of Vern, Motodad, and a couple of those Eastern Washington dudes.) When called upon by the proper incantations, (only Paul, Aaron, and Alex seem to be able to speak this dialect) Zhar can project itself astrally (an inate ability to talk out of his ass...)in the form of the Tulku. (Tulku has to be Latin for phsychotic screaming in political diatribes) It can also telepathically transmit its urges to its worshippers. (I think he gives lots of devol guards to them at the year end banquet...)

Zhar is believed to be physically connected to its "twin", Lloigor, ( who is definitely Justin) perhaps by a long extension of tentacles. In Derleth's classification system, both Zhar and Lloigor are air (head) elementals.

Ok, maybe I'm a little rummy tonight, but it kind of seems funny to me... Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aaron,

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
Found this on the internet.... I'm serious! I'll translate for MX....

Zhar in the mythos

Zhar is a Great Old One (That would be Ted Devol) and appears as a colossal mass of angry political rants. The being came from the star Pacificus Racing Organizationus, but now dwells beneath the buried city of EWMXSchools on the Plateau of Dung. It is served by the horrid Tcho-Tcho people. (This group is made up of Vern, Motodad, and a couple of those Eastern Washington dudes.) When called upon by the proper incantations, (only Paul, Aaron, and Alex seem to be able to speak this dialect) Zhar can project itself astrally (an inate ability to talk out of his ass...)in the form of the Tulku. (Tulku has to be Latin for phsychotic screaming in political diatribes) It can also telepathically transmit its urges to its worshippers. (I think he gives lots of devol guards to them at the year end banquet...)

Zhar is believed to be physically connected to its "twin", Lloigor, ( who is definitely Justin) perhaps by a long extension of tentacles. In Derleth's classification system, both Zhar and Lloigor are air (head) elementals.

Ok, maybe I'm a little rummy tonight, but it kind of seems funny to me... Wink

Maaaaaan Arron on another fishing trip...Baiting his hook with deception and casting into the pool of insults..... Razz

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
President Obama along with the rest of the liberals want the rest of the world to like and respect us. Who cares what they think of us. We have always been a country of generous givers and protectors and the takers dont apreciate it. President Bush aproach was all wrong they say. President Obama and company are living in a fantasy and his followers cried there asses off during his fantasy preaching speaches and swearing in ceremony. They must be either emotionaly weak or just plain ignorent thinking the world and the USA would be a better place with him in office. They say now that President Obama is in office he will do it the right way and we will be restored from all the damage President Bush has done while in office. I just cannot beleive anybody would buy into all that crap. Its scary we have that many citizens out there that think President Obama is the answer to all this so called CHANGE we need? The last eight years have been pretty good considering everything President Bush had on his plate to deal with. We as Amercans have been living beyond our meens way before President Bush came to office. Its your choice to sign on the line for a life style you cant safely maintain. Nobody owes us anything period. Health insurance coverage is something you buy if you earn the money to buy it unless your disabled and cannot obtain it then yes we should help those but other than that its up to you to work hard and receive the benefits of it. Making everything fair and equal just makes us weaker. Do you realy think President Obama has the balls to deal with North Korea. President Bush would of done what ever it takes to keep us safe from all the crazy countrys out there even if it would be unpopular to the mouths that run about how wrong it is and how we should live in the fantasy of world peace. Its never going to happen! Bottom line President Bush would drop the hammer on anybody if he felt we were threatened. Its scary to always hear how much people hated him. Very disrespectfull taking safety and freedom for granted.

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post