New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neck Braces
 Login/Join

Picture of NaPalm
posted
I just wanted to see how many people run neck braces vs how many choose not to.

It is interesting to watch the nationals and observe how many pros don't use them. I don't think they are choosing not to wear them as a fashion statement because they seem to be accepted now..... CR, RV, RD, etc all wear them but then some other big names don't so it remains a mystery to me.

Question:
Do you wear a neck brace?

Choices:
You bet! It is just as improtant as a helmet if you ask me!
I want to but I haven't bought one yet.
Nope, I'm not sold on the concept and I think there may be just as many negatives as there are positives.
No, I'm waiting for the second generation of braces to come around.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Wed May 05 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
They don't use chest protectors either. As for the neck braces, I think it probably has a little to do with fashion, a little with comfort, and a lot to do with superstition and fear of changing something up.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
I like the looks of the new Omega brace. Has anyone seen one in person? The one MXA tested was sort of a pre-production unit but it still looked pretty good.

Also I've heard Leatt is launching a new 2nd generation design but I'm not sure when????

Probably only after sales get slow on the current models.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Wed May 05 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
Omega Brace: Has anyone seen one in person or does anyone own one?

The rumor has been that Leatt is coming out with their 2nd generation designs soon.... I wonder if there is any truth to that.

Picture of daddio
posted Hide Post
You forgot to include in the poll the option :

I would like to, but nobody makes one that will fit the big guy's.

Posts: 231 | Location: kent,wa | Registered: Thu September 16 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes i did see one at the pir race before the nat. My son like it better then his leatt and at 299.00 is a good buy.

Posts: 35 | Location: auburn | Registered: Thu March 13 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
I been kinda holding out for one of these. http://www.vitalmx.com/feature...SixOne-Guardian,2735
They were do out last october.I emailed them and now its this Fall.

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spin05:
I been kinda holding out for one of these. http://www.vitalmx.com/feature...SixOne-Guardian,2735
They were do out last october.I emailed them and now its this Fall.

Now that is the best one I've seen yet! Although I would like to see a bit more shoulder protection.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
yea me too.I also would have to see one in person before i tried purchasing over the net.

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post