E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    Pomery and Baker Inducted into Hall of Fame
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pomery and Baker Inducted into Hall of Fame
 Login/Join

posted
The first annual Washington motorcycle Hall of Fame was held last night Sunday October 24 at RMC in front of a huge crowd of over 230 old friends and racers of the past. Brian Barns MCd the event. This event was so cool seeing all the old racers from the past, many of them I have never met but read about and heard their legendary names for years.
The first 2 inductees were Jim Pomeroy and road racer World Champion Steve Baker.
DeVol Engineering built the 2 nonidentical billet trophies.
Just a few of the names I can remember were:
Rich Binkley, Pat Jacobson, Tom Rapp, Ron Pomeroy, Buck Murphy. Randy Skyver, Fred Wright, Gray, Carter, Lynd, Shawn Mc Donald (event designer) Pomeroy Family, Russ Roberts, Dale Barker, Chris Moritz, Dan Diesso, Randy Mcalister, Jim Boltz, Ed and Mike Libold and a ton more people that were the actual people that started Motocross and desert racing in the Northwest. Really it was amazing thinking these are the people that started real Motorcycle racing around here. For real Ledgends. Do not miss it next year.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Ted was this publicised? I didn't know anything about it.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
The lack of MX marketing in the Seattle area compared to what I see other cities always depresses me.

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lack of marketing? The place was packed for the first ever Hall Of Fame event. I can't imagine what next year will be like. It really was a great event. We will post the event on our web site next year as soon as we know a date.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ted,

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post