New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help! YZ 125 issues...
 Login/Join

Picture of Auzzi152
posted
The (clutch push lever assembly) tab that keeps the clutch actuator arm from pulling up to high keeps bending, anyone know what causes this? Second Clutch push lever assembly in two weeks...

Posts: 435 | Location: your moms house | Registered: Wed December 03 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
on the 250 there is a bolt, right behind the mag cover, that holds the lever down. Is that what you are talking about?

Posts: 220 | Location: ellensburg wa | Registered: Tue May 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about the lever that's behind the ignition cover? that just rides on a bearing inside the case which is pushed on by the clutch push rod it's self. I know that some of the '05 owners had thier push rod's break.

Which is effected by the clutch basket so if your throw out bearing is bad or you got play in the basket that could cause it maybe put pressure on the rod and cause issue's.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Reading the manual it says the- Push lever shaft- can be worn need replaced..it looks like a hinged mechanism.. just a guesse! I'm sure the statement above^ is more accurate

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auzzi152
posted Hide Post
thanks for the input, the tab on the back side of the push rod lever was not keeping the push rod from going to high and then would get stuck in the up position, there is a raised spot inside the case that the tab is supposed to catch on but it wore down over time. my mechanic put a little tab inside the case to keep the push rod from sliding out to far and seems to work so far, again thanks for the help...

Posts: 435 | Location: your moms house | Registered: Wed December 03 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auzzi152
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joe439:
Are you talking about the lever that's behind the ignition cover? that just rides on a bearing inside the case which is pushed on by the clutch push rod it's self. I know that some of the '05 owners had thier push rod's break.

Which is effected by the clutch basket so if your throw out bearing is bad or you got play in the basket that could cause it maybe put pressure on the rod and cause issue's.

yea joe that was the part, hopefully its all good now...