New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pic. I came across
 Login/Join

Picture of Bearmore
posted
While going through a lot of my Dad's stuff since he passed away I came across this old school photo of ME.

It was taken at the Monroe Arenacross 87? or 88? I was jumping a camelback and my rear wheel clipped the top of the upper jump and bucked me up and over the bars. The bike endoed/completely rotated in the air as did I and landed on both wheels. I was just completing my arial decent INTO the dirt with my noggin'.Ironically my seat read "SCARY" on that side while the other read "BARRY".

Old Man Vic the photographer captured it barely!! He saw it out of the corner of his eye; turned and clicked. The next race there a few weeks later everyone in the pits was talking about it and the rumor was that I had died.

I went up to Vic to see the photo and see if I could purchase it. He did not want to sell it because it was a great photo. Then I told him it was ME. He said "Well if that is you and you are alive I have to sell it to you" and he did.

A copy hung at their request hung in Island Yamaha for YEARS and then was transfered/hung in the old Skagit Valley Yamaha complex that was located on the back road into Mt Vernon.

I just told everyone I needed to check my oil mid-race.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rad_mxer317
posted Hide Post
hahaha holy crap man! no wonder we never see camelbacks at Lee's races anymore.

Posts: 1034 | Location: TUMWATER | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
I did manage to break the full face portion of my helmet as well on that crash. Because of that my parents bought me a brand spankin' new Bell Moto 4; so I was stoked to have crashed.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
It looks like a new TV show,break dancing with your motorcycle Cool

Posts: 159 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Mon January 22 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Did you get hurt at all? That is crazy...

On the other hand...

That would have been a sweet break dancing move! Break'n 2 Electric Boogaloo!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moderbike x
posted Hide Post
i remember you! i know that bike well hate to bring it up but i remember when you had a new 89 or 90 yz125 and you fell off the back at jollys finish line jump and ghost rode the sucker! it was nasty! i will never forget that one!

Posts: 215 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Sat December 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
That new helment. Wasnt that the one with the cartoon taped on the back? I remember setting in the staging area at hannagan looking at that just cracking up! hahaha

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
The bike here is my 86 and yup it was the one that ghost rode at Jolly. It was the FIRST time they had ran it backwards supposedly and I went down while coming out of the sandpit.

I picked the bike back up went around the corner and headed for the finish line jump and being the sand was wet it lodged into the throttle. As I approached the jump the throttle would not turn off and was PINNED!!! I knew what would happen if I held on so I slid off the back and let the bike go.

DESTROYED!!! the bike being it land 3/4 of the way to that HUGE sweeper. That is how I got my 89 YZ125 though when my Dad got back from being stationed in Japan. I told him he had just better pack one up while he is there and bring it home. He didn't believe my bike was destroyed. He did when he got home and saw it though.

YES Eric I did have a rubber Odie strapped to the front vent on that helmet I also a Garfield strapped to the back of my chest protector. My helmet; well lets just say it was XXX rated.

I also destroyed my toe at Jolly. Ripped it off down in the sand section. Even with the toe and the bike detruction I still considered Jolly as one of my favorite places.

Picture of moderbike x
posted Hide Post
i even think the guy in the background was a guy named jesse gaylee not sure of the spelling i remember a lot of names and numbers of those days!

Posts: 215 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Sat December 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
Actually that is Chuck Walter on the 664. He lived here on Whidbey also that is the only reason I know. Kind of pissed me off at the time that he ruined a perfectly good pic. Smile

posted Hide Post
I think I remember scary berry. Wasn`t he the guy that ghost ride that finesh line tabletop at Jolly Roger,In early 90es. That bike fliped end over end 2 or 3 times.

Posts: 43 | Location: Lake Stevens | Registered: Tue March 20 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
See 3 posts above your's;That be ME!!! THE Scary Barry. I only got that name from my friends because I would always be the only beginner trying any of the doubles or even triples Smile I'd make them but I had to being I needed to make up time somehow on the track being I could not and still can not corner Smile

AND I do NOT suggest anyone jump the Jolly finish line backwards. Unless my soon to be Ex wife is on teh bike... OH sorry I didn't just say that....