Notify
Tools

Blast from the past
 Login/Join

Picture of Vern#119
posted
Jolly is the place we outta be.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8OjgMGWMS8

That funny looking guy with the glasses leaving the grandstands at the end was me 18yrs younger

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Yep twas you for sure but I was looking for me. They mixed vet-pros and real pros together a lot back then so I was hoping...not. No KW as far as I can tell. Also great transfer of VHS-to-YouTube. 1993 was the beginning of the digital revolution (VHS-vs-Beta) and so glad you had da stuff on hand, could make it available and on a medium this new gen can consume. I say "consume" because I'm afraid it would be beyond their comprehension to understand our pain just as I'm sure it will not (in next twenty years) be in my understanding what they are going through. Cool! things are as they should be.

1993 for me was really my last and best year of racing. Int class and Vet-Pro. I crashed chasing Rod Cook into Jolly's big sweeper (going opposite direction) and rotated my head 180 backwards. Broke bones and in brace. Twas lucky, got religious real fast.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Moonman
posted Hide Post
I saw those thick glasses and was thinking "Vern"
I bought Rod Cook's '92 CR-250 and rode it for a year before I noticed the 8 cracks in the frame! LOL!

Posts: 101 | Location: NORTH BEND | Registered: Wed June 02 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonman:
I saw those thick glasses and was thinking "Vern"
I bought Rod Cook's '92 CR-250 and rode it for a year before I noticed the 8 cracks in the frame! LOL!

LOL... doesnt suprise me!

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
one time Rod pulls up after a race and says geesh vern my bike running $%325%9$@2 . So I glace at the motor a gas is running out of the ignition cover ! I said maybe the mains are worn and you lost a crank seal. Rod says #$!4 it ain't that ya think. He rode it that for quit a while.
The Kawi 500 at Richland was the best though
Glasses are not that thick ant more after laysik.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats good stuff and the bikes even sound right.

Posts: 452 | Location: Selah,WA. | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post