New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lead base paint law
 Login/Join

posted
Here is a petition to sign against the law...found it on KTMtalk.com

Posts: 46 | Location: bonney lake, wa | Registered: Sun February 11 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 46 | Location: bonney lake, wa | Registered: Sun February 11 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 34's mechanic
posted Hide Post
Just signed it and forwarded it out to many.

Posts: 82 | Location: Redondo Wa. | Registered: Wed August 23 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ..::MOTOX155::..
posted Hide Post
Everyone needs to get involved and fight against this!!!!

If you have kids or ever want to have kids and want them to be able to share the joy of riding, then this is our time to fight.

Posts: 214 | Location: Washington | Registered: Mon August 23 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/thumpertalk

Signed it and e-mailed to others.

Posts: 20 | Location: kennewick | Registered: Fri February 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Signed it and forwarded it on

Posts: 36 | Location: Coeur D' Alene, Idaho | Registered: Wed November 26 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill
posted Hide Post
SIGNED AND FORWARD TO EVERYBODY!!!

Posts: 108 | Location: Seattle | Registered: Sat January 28 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.tomself.com also has a petition about this lead issue that was posted on racerxill.com, everyone needs to sign and forward this one also.

Posts: 126 | Location: cle elum | Registered: Wed December 21 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of things i dont understand about this new law. Why are dirt bikes and ATV's considered "toys". We pay licencing for them and they are "vehicles". Next, where do we find a copy of the original bill or law stating everything that is not able to be sold. I talked to a KTM dealer in tacoma today and they told me that i cant even buy a T-Shirt for kids right now. I was in Target tonight and bikes are for sale....whats the difference? Also, why hasnt this blown up besides on these forum pages...The supercross t.v. coverage should say something about it. Where is the AMA right now? So many Questions!!!!!

posted Hide Post
I heard the lead law has been put off for one year. It was in the newspaper last week.

Posts: 44 | Location: gig harbor | Registered: Mon March 07 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the response i recieved from my Senator (Murray).

As you know, the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) strengthened safety regulations on children's products, particularly regarding the amount of lead and certain phthalates they are allowed to contain. CPSIA mandates that children's products containing more than 600 parts per million (ppm) total lead cannot be sold on or after February 10, 2009, even if they were manufactured before that date. On August 14, 2009, the total amount of allowable lead content per product drops to 300 ppm.

CPSIA requires that domestic manufacturers and importers certify that children's products made after February 10, 2009 meet all new safety standards, including the lead restriction. Sellers of used children's products, such as thrift or consignment stores or "resellers", do not have to certify that those products meet the new lead limits or toy standards.

Although resellers are not required to test children's products for compliance with the new lead limits, H.R. 4040 prohibits resellers from selling children's products that exceed the lead limits. Therefore, resellers are avoiding selling products that are likely to have lead content, unless they have testing or other information to indicate those products contain less lead than the new limit allows.

I understand that the regulations enacted in CPSIA will require sellers of children's products to meet high standards of safety and certification. As we move forward in the 111th Congress, I will closely monitor this situation and be in touch with the CPSC regarding the feedback you provided and concerns from businesses about the new regulations. I share your concerns that these regulations could put hard-working business owners out of business, and I will continue to talk to the CPSC and my Senate colleagues about your concerns. Thank you for contacting me, and please feel free to contact me again in the future.

Posts: 8 | Location: tukwilla | Registered: Tue June 13 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In other words "i'm not gonna do a damn thing"!!!

Picture of 747Heavy
posted Hide Post
Remember, Murray is an idiot. She can't do anything unless leadership tells her to do it.

Posts: 119 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Thu April 24 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
It's my understanding that there is a ORV rally scheduled for March 13 at the capitol. All should attend regardless of political party. I went to the last one and it is not only awe inspiring to see that many people of common interest coming together, but it also serves as a way for our legislators to quantify the size of our group.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I would be more worried about the lead in my pre 1978 house interior paint and the lead in the soder of my pipes than parts per million on my bike.

This is about money and market share, the retail companies like walmart, target and etc, are the real enemy. The little guy can't afford the testing for lead.

We kept relecting the same inbreed morons to stay in Washington and give us these fine laws.

Remember the new building codes and few years ago no Christmas trees in apartments an no barbecues on wood decks. Our elected offical did not read the full bill. So many people whined about it, they changed the law.

So whine long and hard.

Posts: 44 | Location: gig harbor | Registered: Mon March 07 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
And we wonder why we get the legislation that we do....

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Anderson
posted Hide Post
I found a couple of 1974 TM 75L center cases in a drawer in my Garage that I never finished eating. Think they're still any good? Possibly some chipotle and pepper topping Workman?

"If life is the face of a rutted jump, will you pick the line that drags your footpegs?"

Posts: 294 | Location: Buckley | Registered: Fri December 29 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post