Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Gary Roestel
 Login/Join

posted
Garry Roestel past away today at the Seattle Airport. 1951-2010. Garry for those who don't know him, he was a motocrosser from way back and was still riding and racing the Old Timer Series.
He raced every single track in the region many times over the years. Garry was the Washingtom Old Timers president for many years and was known as a super nice guy that would give you the shirt off his back. GODSPEED Garry!

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Ted, was this an accident? I don't understand, passed away at the airport?

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
Garry was a great guy. I learned alot from him when I was a kid coming up. He lived out in North Bend as did I. When I thought I was fast the "old" guy put me in my place. Now I am one of the old guys and I can only hope that I can teach younger guys racing leasons that men like Garry taught me. We will miss you Garry......Godspeed!

Posts: 148 | Location: Glendale, Ca | Registered: Sat February 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
Ted, was this an accident? I don't understand, passed away at the airport?

Hey Aaron, spoke with a couple poeple today about it and it may have possibly been a motorcycle incident, but not for sure at this point. Last I heard was he was riding in Baja Mexico.

You can also check in HEREto keep up to date.
He was a great guy, although I only met him a couple times at the Old timers events. IF I hear more I will pass it along.

Posts: 271 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 28 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SheMotos
posted Hide Post
Garry untimely passing happened yesterday. The details are unclear, but it seems as though he had a head on collision in Baja, Mexico a few days ago. He flew home and died after getting off the plane. Any new and reliable information will be posted on wotmx.com as soon as I receive word from his wife, Star.
Shelly Burtis
WOTMX President

Let No Man Come Between,
A Woman And Her MOTORCYCLES!

Posts: 5 | Location: Duvall, Wa | Registered: Mon February 16 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Met him a few times through Mike Morbacher always seemed like a super nice guy and NW moto legend for sure.

Posts: 126 | Location: cle elum | Registered: Wed December 21 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post