New
Find
Notify
Tools

HRMC 37% PRICE INCREASE
 Login/Join

Picture of moderbike x
posted Hide Post
napalms right its sand there is only so much you can do with it maybe i get lucky when i go to these tracks but i had a good time there i just live to far away! maybe i rode to much at 116th now that was rough and sandy!

Posts: 215 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Sat December 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the translation Aaron .
As for the Jumps Sand based tracks brake down fast.
If a jump has a small short run to it will get more kickers because the riders are still on the power up and over the face.Also this true if the jump face is steep and it Gs out the suspension it will cause small whoops or kickers.
As for the guy who does the prep is'nt that Jason Zuhlke?

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Hawkins
posted Hide Post
This thread is good but on thing about Joe-Obama if he becomes president you can kiss all those tax breaks Bush gave us goodbye. So it wont matter that Horn prices went up no one will be able to ride there, unless you have lots of money or a local.

Hawk

Posts: 354 | Location: Redmond | Registered: Fri January 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Check again.....You don't really live in Redmond do you? You had to have just moved over from Selah or Richland or how about Toppenish????

Reality of Bush Tax Cuts

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Hawkins
posted Hide Post
Ok I should have not said tax cuts for everyone but I have seen more money out of my paycheck in the last eight years. I am a life long Republican but I am moving more Independent lately. You should check out the Constitutional party rep Chuck Baldwin, his ideas seem more honest and down to earth for America.
I have lived in Redmond for 30 years and I am a 5th generation Oregonian, and I am getting sick of all those California and Washington plates moving in. The reason I say that is because we are trying to get a track going here had it running for about a year then these new people moved in from you guessed it Cali and Washington and complained, now the track is shut down.
I guess moto only has a true future in the middle of a dry desert 100 miles from civilization, but yet again the wed huggers complain about that too.

Hawk

Posts: 354 | Location: Redmond | Registered: Fri January 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pc#148
posted Hide Post
Ya!! I went there Saturday... It was hot and there wasn't really any dust... how come?? oh ya.. they were watering all day. It was actually bad a$$!! The only thing is that the Faces of the jumps are not that great, actually the tops are fine they just need to get the bottom of the jumps figured out.. half the faces had holes at the bottom, I had to weelie up the face to jump that step down by the start.. still had a blast though!

Personalized MX Jerseys * Screen Printing * Vinyl Graphics
http://www.facebook.com/tracti...Designs/170997341311

Posts: 189 | Location: USA | Registered: Tue December 02 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per the contract HRMC has with the city, HRMC can only raise the rates 10% annually. They need City Council permission for anything more than that. I've looked thru the council minutes and agendas and can't find anything showing they did that. Also it hasn't been a year since the first increase. I sent an email to the city asking for them to look into this.
As for the track, it is getting groomed again now that the equipment has been moved back from the SX track, but it sucked all summer. The jumps do pitch you to high and the landings are too short. IMO.

Posts: 8 | Location: eastern washington | Registered: Mon January 22 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Woolley_241
posted Hide Post
I was lucky to have it free when I did but think of this... You were to. It's cool change chaps your ass so bad that you have to say "REALIZE THAT IF YOU WERE AS FAST AS YOUR MOUTH YOU'D HAVE A FULL FACTORY RIDE." I was aware the whole time that families would take a hit in the pocket but most of the time its one or two kids riding with the parents being the spectators. $44 dollars for thier kids to ride on a preped track with sanctioned practice. Damn they need some astroglide for that bending over procedure.

Families on the westside have been paying those prices the whole time. It was a matter of time before Horn was up there with them. But also you don't see a family of 5 riding at mx parks a whole lot unless they are loaded. If not then I really feel for them. At some point you have to realize its a hobby. Even more so with the 4 strokes. 5G's for a year old bike....

As for my dad not being able to afford it back then thats here nore there because of it being free and I still would race around the NW but now I plan my trips more exclusivly (Along with paying my way with my jobs).

Everyones taking a hit with the economy and gas prices so why is it so hard to think that Horn isnt having troubles either?.

Face it you know horn wasnt going to be free all your life. Some agree with the takeover and some dont. Hey I dont agree to him pushing Squisher under and some other things but the tracks fine and if they need to increase the money (which make it round like $20) so be it.

As for bringing up a ticket on a message board you are an idiot. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Way to be mature about the matter.

You should sign up at vitalmx. They would love you there.

Posts: 33 | Location: EWU | Registered: Mon March 07 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
If 20 bucks breaks the bank and your family races or rides dirt bikes you prolly need to get out of the sport. When HRMC charged 12 or 15 bucks when they just started,us riders had it made! Thats so cheep! Go to any other tracks and you are going to spend atleast 20 bucks to ride.

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ..::MOTOX155::..
posted Hide Post
When I first saw this topic and who started it, could only spell TROUBLE.....

Posts: 214 | Location: Washington | Registered: Mon August 23 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In addition to what 155 said:

HAY COCKRUM: This whole post went sideways and scatterbrain. What is with you anyway? Go vote for Obama and get your "FREE" riding area , "FREE" healthcare, FREE daycare and "FREE Government assistance.

If anyone needs it you do.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
Whats a washougal practice day cost? $30-35? Toes has a MANDITORY donation of $30, but Cockrun has been 86ed from there so now all he has to whine about is Horn's $22 fee. The track was good ALL summer, and keep in mind they are maintaining two tracks. So if the MX track wasn't up to your standards you also have the SX track to ride. They don't use the same equipment for the SX track as they do the MX track. They have the dozer which isn't as mobil, and they have the rubber tire John Deere loader with the box scraper on the back, that trecks back and forth.

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 40roofer
posted Hide Post
$22 is still cheaper than most other tracks. Also, Ray at the track is actually pretty good at listening to suggestions about how a certain jump face needs sloped or whatever, plus, he has been straight up about his grooming in that he said a while ago that he wasnt going to touch it for Thursday and Friday because not enough $$$ rolls in those days to pay the gas, but it will be perfect on Saturday morning. Plus, he tacked on a free 5 months to my family pass, gotta like that!

Posts: 61 | Location: Kennewick | Registered: Tue February 19 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
20 bucks....

horn has been fun this summer...

being out of the loop and all, whens juniper going to get good, and how much does that cost?

see you at juniper.

- let seth ride

www.goatkreations.com for my videos

Posts: 102 | Location: WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No worries on the jumps and landing for the P.R.O. Grand Prix. P.R.O. will be doing a lot of work before the event. IT WILL BE FUN!

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jb329
posted Hide Post
will horn still be open this thursday and friday?

Posts: 303 | Location: Ellensburg | Registered: Wed October 10 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jb329
posted Hide Post
Horn today was good but it seemed kinda weird to have 3 practice classes. One class was 1 quad, another class was 1 little bike, and the third was big bikes.

Posts: 303 | Location: Ellensburg | Registered: Wed October 10 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
Insurance reasons.

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Seems like a lot of talk about $cost $12, $15, $20, $22 of entry fees going on here. Except for SIR it's $100 min no matter where I go for me. Just do the sums. Add up Gas, Food, Entry and don't even go maintenance or purchase price and then we can talk about cost. I ride because I enjoy it. I ride because I like the crowd. I ride because it means I'm not so fat as I'd otherwise be when done (from eating all those "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce" sandwiches) I talk about so much.

I like riding and so far I've liked most everyone I've meet doing so but if it's a $2 spot making the diff between doing what I love and not, well then ....

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ivest4
posted Hide Post
I'm with you KW. HRMC is actually one of my favorite tracks no matter what condition it's in. I used to ride 116th in Marysville with Rob Manning, Scorcher and all the other boys. One thing's for sure...if you could ride 116th fast you were the man!! As far as Horn is concerned I'd pay the $22 bucks even though it's a 4 1/2 hour drive at less than 18 miles per gallon!!

Posts: 388 | Location: Arlington | Registered: Tue January 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post