New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tires
 Login/Join

Picture of Marnie
posted
Looking to get new tires..any ideas on what's good for NW tracks? I am currently running M12's.

Posts: 240 | Location: Enumclaw | Registered: Tue January 23 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Kenda Washougal sticky's, best all around tire in my humble opinion. They are also very reasonible priced. I got the front and rear through Rocky Mountain ATV shipped for around $100. I have heard good things about maaxis and pirelli.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Michelin Starcross MH3's.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
Stick with the Michlin man...

I've tried a lot of different ones but always end up back with Michlins being good all around. Very good traction and good on the wear and tear. Currently running M12 front s12 rear (as well as a few others I know) and it has held up great. I've also had good luck the starcross

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
Dunlop has new intermediate and soft terrain tires that are replacing the 773 and 756 tires. The new MX31 ST and the MX51 IT...Brand new tread designs too.. I have always used the 756 but currently have been runnin the Michelin Starcross MH3's and they have worked better than anything I have tried yet,on hard terrain at Airway... Paul, I ran that Shougal sticky too and it was freakin awesome!

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I do want to try one of the 120-80-19 tires,

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
Bridgestone 403/404 athough you will pay about 120.00 for em

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
Its all about the Bridgestone 303 and 304, for pure traction. If you want a good tire that will last a long time the Maxxis tires are good, however I recommend having the rear tire mounted by a shop. Unless you want sweat streaming down your forehead and bloody knuckles. I am speaking from experience on the bloody knuckles.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spin05:
Bridgestone 403/404 athough you will pay about 120.00 for em

Ouch! That would leave a mark. I appreciate the feedback from everyone. Thanks -

Posts: 240 | Location: Enumclaw | Registered: Tue January 23 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
looks like you bridgstone guys are out of luck. they are closing the mx tires division

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
Marnie where do you do the majority of your riding?

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
oops I meant 403 404 Bridgestone!

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I liked the Bridgestones but I still think the Michelins give the best traction, the longest amount of time. They are the most expensive though at $129.00 a set.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cycle Gear has mail order prices at their retail outlets.

I typically use intermediate tires because conditions vary so much you never know what you'll need. The D756 is IMO the best traction you can get, but they don't last long and are expensive. My second choice is the Michelin MS3 but they are poor off a cement start.

For lots of mud I really like the Michelin S12.

For very hard terrain I like a Dunlop K695? Maybe it was a K495, it has been a long time since I rode enough completely dry dirt to warrant that type of tire.

I haven't tried the new Bridgestone 403/404 but I've heard they are also a good intermediate. Maxxis is popular but my son had an intermediate tire and it wasn't very good compared to the D756. Too hard of a rubber compound for the hard dry dirt. Of course until the knobs tore off it lasted forever but that is the tradeoff, traction or wear resistance.

Posts: 195 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Tue February 28 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW must be that Wash VS Ore thing. Almost everyone down here runs Dunlop! 756 being the common tire. Cal is diff as well again must be that what sy=tate are you in thing. JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MX Family:
WOW must be that Wash VS Ore thing. Almost everyone down here runs Dunlop! 756 being the common tire. Cal is diff as well again must be that what sy=tate are you in thing. JR

Depends a lot on the money for me... Not sure if I speak for other MXPPA members but I like a tire that lasts more than 3 rides and gets good traction too! I ran 2 sets 756's on my 450 this year and I have an M12/fr & S12/R now that I have twice as much time on and the its still pretty good. I'll turn it and get a few more rides.

No doubt Dunlops hook up but they leave alot of rubber in the dirt not on your tire. Most serious racers seem to run Dunlops... ?

Best bang for your buck ... Michelins

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
well maybe more guys running different stuff next year now that bridgestone put out the press release about them dropping the mx tires

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B Sharkey:
well maybe more guys running different stuff next year now that bridgestone put out the press release about them dropping the mx tires
I think that is only for pro support, they will still be making tires.

I get 2 seasons on my front Kenda and 3/4 of a season on the rear 'Shugal sticky' if I stay off the hard pack and rotate it half way through. Not bad for a hunerd bucks for the pair. And Crater, you best say they are the best tires in the world cuz I bought them when they were supporting you so you could tell the upper execs they were making money from you Big Grin

Picture of Marnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crater:
Marnie where do you do the majority of your riding?

I unfortunatley don't have one track that I do most of my riding at. I hit SIR when it is nice since it's close but I will hopefully be riding a little bit of every where this year.

Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
My 401/402 last a whole season and they were the soft ones.I now have had my 403/404 since portland of last year and still looking good.

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post