Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A2 mudfest
 Login/Join

posted
track is under water....not sure how they are going to pull this one off....

Posts: 433 | Location: dbrazier@motors-controls.com | Registered: Fri January 14 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Pics?

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Osaka can give us a first person report.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I've only heard, on the news about rainfall down LA way so is it as bad as reports? Did SX Mgmnt NOT cover the track with tarps?

Is LA underwater?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tarps are just about off track.....might not be bad but some soup sections need help. but no rain. talks about starting practice later, making shorter the practices and qualifying....but no notices yet.

Posts: 433 | Location: dbrazier@motors-controls.com | Registered: Fri January 14 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave, LA traffic cams confirm no rain today. I was wondering about the soup sections on the track - still am? Figured practice and qualifying may be impacted but will go online-live for audio today and da tube (TV) for tomorrow.

Many thanks for update and much appreciation.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Looks doable but has problems from rider perspective. Looks "perfect-I-thought-you-guys-were-$pros" from spectators view.

For me I'm thinking heavy flywheel, high idle, soft suspension (softer SX wise), tons of torque and Bridgestone tires - the mudders.

posted Hide Post
with all the plastic off it is going to be fine... out with the mud and bringing in sand.. couple hrs of sunshine... Smile the long stretch section for the start though is going to be very sandy.....that flat section got flooded out and sand is all they are bring in.

besides the dirt wurx crew people do not handle water in so-cal very well at all, and it looked ugly early.

posted Hide Post
2 practices scheduled 5 min free and 10 timed.

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Adobe Acrobat - PDF of track: Track layout

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Sorry MX Family but I gotta VENT-RANT-HOLLER-SCREAM or what ever one calls it.

THIS YEARS ON-LIVE WEB EXPERIENCE OF SX IS ABSOLUTE CRAP!!! Just how many times will I be forced to get a "404-Page-Not-Found" message. No real time scoring, no real time lap count no real time anything.

I'll chill MX when hell freezes over or I lie dead in my grave because what's being forced fed to us by way of "amapromail.com" in 2010 is just plain wrong and it's crap!

URL: http://www.amapromail.com/pdfr...anaheim2/index.shtml

Timed Qualifying #1, Group B (#1) - Page not found - 404
Timed Qualifying #1, Group C (#2) - Page not found - 404
Timed Qualifying #1, Group A (#3) - Page not found - 404

No live results in spite of riders having transponders, no live results in spite of services provided in 2009, and no live results in spite of a name that proclaims to be live - "@theWire Live Timing"

ARGH!!!

Intervention time I think. Time to move to Europe where "live broadcasting" means "live".

Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
Weather has been great all morning. Heading to the track in about an hour. Should be a good night of racing!!!!

Posts: 148 | Location: Glendale, Ca | Registered: Sat February 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Easy Ken Bro! They had to revise the schedule...it will be on very soon...

Night schedule will stay the same

2:00pm – 2:30pm Rider's Track Walk
2:30pm – 2:35pm Lites Group C Free Practice
2:40pm – 2:45pm Lites Group B Free Practice
2:50pm – 2:55pm Lites Group A Free Practice
3:00pm – 3:05pm SX Group A Free Practice
3:10pm – 3:15pm SX Group B Free Practice
3:20pm – 3:25pm SX Group C Free Practice
3:25pm - 3:45pm Track Maintenance
3:45pm – 3:55pm Lites Group C Qualifying Practice
4:00pm - 4:10pm Lites Group B Qualifying Practice
4:15pm - 4:25pm Lites Group A Qualifying Practice
4:30pm – 4:40pm SX Group A Qualifying Practice
4:45pm – 4:55pm SX Group C Qualifying Practice
5:00pm - 5:10pm SX Group B Qualifying Practice
5:10pm – 6:45pm Track Maintenance

posted Hide Post
KW
Wife had to help me back in the chair after I read your last post. Sittin here sippin a cool bottle of MULTI-GREEN,and as the label says"ENZYMES+PROBIOTICS+DETOXIFIERS"="LIVING FOOD FOR THE LIVING BODY" ,Yep I had to copy it off the label given my spelling! Just LATE due to the rain and some adjustments with their schedule! JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I'm home alone tonight so I figured I'd pony up for the live broadcast, I hope it works.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
The euros started out fast in mx and streaming audio & video.Frecaster is the bomb. and here we sit with an ama tin can and broken string.
Ken what do you say we volunteer to anounce practice and pre practice and posr practice.

As I hear Qsaka spelled a word wrong on his race app for AII but is in for SF SD and AIII.
Spent the week riding with the Geico guys in AZ

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Turnout of riders looks more like one of our Oregon races. 45 guys in the 450 class,56? in the 250?? MAYBE the very low $$ for these guys to race is making some of them go to other races,G. Crater??? thoughts?? JR

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
By 45-riders in 450 class and 56-riders in 250 are you saying that for each class that is/was the total count of entry's. Is 56 250 class riders all the AMA can attract for the big-show. I'da hoped for a hundred in each class (450 and 250) especially considering it's Anaheim and west coast.

PS - still getting 404-file-not-found messages and now add on to that the dreaded "connection broken" stuff. Perhaps maybe the AMA might consider hook'n up to an old 286 PC I got hanging around. Evan a 16-bit-286 gotta beat the beginner class effort I'm getting from amapromail. Note .. as far as I know hell hasn't frozen over and I still can't get any meaningful data out AMA live.

Last year was a hoot for live data this one is lacking. I'm a data monster and hungry.

posted Hide Post
KW
Yes total of entrys /per class. JR